Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 05:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Now c'mon, we all know ABCNews is just a far right-wing propaganda group!
If you meant that I have to think you are too far left wing for me to be nice to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 05:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...gton-monument/

Guess the Carlyle Group isn't so bad after all, huh?
The left leaners who have answered you did not read any of that link. It is so obvious since all they did was accuse ABC, and for some reason howl and yell about Mikey Moore. i didn't see word one in the link about Moore so one of the deflectors changed the topic to left leaner Moore and off they went.

Not one of them mentioned the hated and horrible Carlyle Group which tells me that most of them don't even know what their predecessors said over and over about them when Bush was in office. Has Obama drawn in that many of them?

Darned good article and one that more people need to read.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:44 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The left leaners who have answered you did not read any of that link. It is so obvious since all they did was accuse ABC, and for some reason howl and yell about Mikey Moore. i didn't see word one in the link about Moore so one of the deflectors changed the topic to left leaner Moore and off they went.

Not one of them mentioned the hated and horrible Carlyle Group which tells me that most of them don't even know what their predecessors said over and over about them when Bush was in office. Has Obama drawn in that many of them?

What? Michael Moore is in the thread title.

No one cares about Michael Moore which is the point of those that commented on him. My goodness did you even look at the thread title started by the OP?

I don't even see why this would be a partisan issue? The monument was damaged, an AMERICAN donated money to have it fixed.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:57 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Michael Moore is human filth. Anybody without left wing disease can see that.
I would say that such a conclusion is a far too common mental disorder shared by scared and or ignorant people and directed at anyone who doesn't fit some small colorless binary universe. The whole thread is just to slam MM when he isn't even in the article (!) and has a history of contributing much money to various American concerns. I don't know, but maybe that's what passes for human filth these days in this upside world: Helpful caring people = bad, Corporations and killing manufactured enemies = good.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:38 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Old 01-20-2012, 07:51 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...gton-monument/

Guess the Carlyle Group isn't so bad after all, huh?
But Moore is the 1%, isn't he?

It's like this with a lot of libs, look at Biden and Gore and Kerry. These are three men, who are definitely in the top 1%, they all ran for president, and two have even been sitting vice presidents, and at times their tax returns have shown they either gave ZERO to charity, or they only gave less then a thousand dollars.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:10 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Really? Where is it? Provide documentation of ALL CHARITIES, those that contribute, the amount and party affiliation.
We'll wait.
Google is your friend:

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers

COMMON CENTS: Charitable Giving: Liberals vs. Consevatives

Gores Charitable Giving Raises Some Eyebrows - CNN

1999, Biden Gave $120 To Charity

IMO, liberals expect government to do the giving for them, thru wealth redistribution. I think a lot of this charitable giving by conservatives is to their church, but that either means liberal church goes are few and far between, or they don't give to their church.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
But Moore is the 1%, isn't he?

It's like this with a lot of libs, look at Biden and Gore and Kerry. These are three men, who are definitely in the top 1%, they all ran for president, and two have even been sitting vice presidents, and at times their tax returns have shown they either gave ZERO to charity, or they only gave less then a thousand dollars.
I called Moore the 1% but no....he was defended by posters here that gave him a pass because he supports the *right* party.

Oprah has individual pieces of jewelry worth more than a nice house, but no....she's not the 1% either.

That's the tip off as to when a movement is nothing but politics trying to convince young\stupid voters that their team has their best interests at heart while the other team is *evil*. In reality, they are the same.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:40 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I called Moore the 1% but no....he was defended by posters here that gave him a pass because he supports the *right* party.

Oprah has individual pieces of jewelry worth more than a nice house, but no....she's not the 1% either.

That's the tip off as to when a movement is nothing but politics trying to convince young\stupid voters that their team has their best interests at heart while the other team is *evil*. In reality, they are the same.

The 1% is exactly the kind of term Wall Street likes. The problem was with the Wall Street bailouts which not only paid out bonuses afterwards, but reveals the money they made over the entire ponzi scheme was fraudulent. However by redefining it as some undefined rich 1%, the crooks, schemers and con artists can try and lose themselves in the crowd.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:55 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
I wonder if the "Conservatives Give More Than Liberals" meme would survive if either (1) Donations were adjusted for income or (2) Donations to church building funds and Joel Osteen's hair are removed from te analysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies