Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,142,372 times

Advertisements

This is coming from the same Ron Paul that said he doesn’t know who wrote those racist newsletters that was published in his name. Maybe the media isn’t giving him a fair amount of coverage because he is loony with a ton of skeletons in his closet.

"Draped in the Confederate flag, Ron Paul rewrites the history of the Civil War, and disgustingly claims our children have been brainwashed into believing it was about slavery!"

Ron Paul Says Anti-Slavery Was Rabble-Rousing And The South Was On The Right Side! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,516,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
claims our children have been brainwashed into believing it was about slavery!"

uhm the civil war was about states rights....not slavery....slavery was only a PART of the states rights

Old 01-23-2012, 10:11 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,252,147 times
Ron Paul can shove it.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,142,372 times
The civil war was fought over many issues. Slavery and state’s rights being two of them. He is preaching the south was on the right side of the issue and the war should have been avoided by the north. He doesn’t mention the first shot was fired by the south. It was the south who decided their ignorant positions were worth dying for.

I also can’t respect anyone who makes a speech with the confederate flag as their backdrop. Unless they’re a civil war historian and they are speaking about history and not controversy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm the civil war was about states rights....not slavery....slavery was only a PART of the states rights

Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,516,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The civil war was fought over many issues. Slavery and state’s rights being two of them. He is preaching the south was on the right side of the issue and the war should have been avoided by the north. He doesn’t mention the first shot was fired by the south. It was the south who decided their ignorant positions were worth dying for.

I also can’t respect anyone who makes a speech with the confederate flag as their backdrop. Unless they’re a civil war historian and they are speaking about history and not controversy.
uhm the first 'shot' was by the north in 1859...browns raid

btw, I am a northerner, and my family faught for the Union..my ancestor was the Assistant Sec of war, and my other ancestor was a Union MG at gettysburg

the north was wrong to try to FORCE its agenda on the southern states..we lost more americans in that war than ANY OTHER WAR COMBINED

Old 01-23-2012, 10:31 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,399,064 times
Quote:
Very True! However, I do believe the south was wrong when it came to slavery. As far as the confederate flag, it's not racist, if you don't like it then don't fly it

Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:

btw, I am a northerner, and my family faught for the Union..my ancestor was the Assistant Sec of war, and my other ancestor was a Union MG at gettysburg

the north was wrong to try to FORCE its agenda on the southern states..we lost more americans in that war than ANY OTHER WAR COMBINED
Save the pedigree. The first state, South Carolina, did not secede until December, 1860. Brown's raid was not a civil war battle.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:41 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
Lysander Spooner sided with the south?!?!?!?!?!?

Spooner was critical of the war being fought for the concept of union, he thought the war should have been fought to end slavery alone!
"the slaveholders would never had dared, in the face of the world, to attempt to overthrow a government that gave freedom to all, for the sake of establishing in its place one that should make slaves of those who, by the existing constitution, were free."

Old 01-23-2012, 11:01 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,066,236 times
Does this really surprise anyone with the long history of those newsletters?

More BS playing to those who believe The Lost Cause of the South.

Quote:

The opening shots in the Civil war were fired on Friday, April 12, 1861, at 4:30 a.m. at Fort Sumter.

It was championed by the confederate troops and the commanding officers at the time.

Don't try to revise history when it takes seconds to debunk.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:05 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,299 times
There's no defending Paul's statements here. Slavery was wrong, period. It was wrong when the U.S. did it, its wrong now when Arabs and Africans do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies