Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
Who would have thought that New Jersey would be a more wholesome State...?

Gov. Christie vetoes N.J. gay marriage bill | NJ.com

"Who would have thought that New Jersey would be a more backward and bigoted state?" is what the question should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 PM

475 posts, read 648,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
"Who would have thought that New Jersey would be a more backward and bigoted state?" is what the question should be.
Bigoted? Lol, you act like a gay person is a separate nationality/race, or a religious group such as Judaism or Christianity, when in actuality it is a sexual lifestyle preference. In reality gay people are either white, black, hispanic, Jewish or atheist, etc.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:17 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Actually it is a right. In the ruling Loving v Virginia the USSC stated that marriage is a right.
Not just Loving, it is worth noting -- many USSC decisions have established that marriage is a fundamental right:

Meyer v. Nebraska (1923)
Skinner v. Oklahoma (1942)
Zablocki v. Redhail (1978)
Turney v. Safely (1987)

Among others.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Bigoted? Lol, you act like a gay person is a separate nationality/race, or a religious group such as Judaism or Christianity, when in actuality it is a sexual lifestyle preference. In reality gay people are either white, black, hispanic, Jewish or atheist, etc.
Bigotry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing sex, race, ethnicity, religious belief or spirituality, political alignment, nationality, language, sexual orientation, and age.

Anything else I can help you with today?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 PM

256 posts, read 207,102 times
Quote:

That is where you're wrong, it's not a preference. There is decades of research that show that is completely natural.

The longstanding consensus of research and clinical literature demonstrates that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviors are normal and positive variations of human sexuality.[104] There is now a large body of research evidence that indicates that being gay, lesbian or bisexual is compatible with normal mental health and social adjustment.[103] The World Health Organization's ICD-9 (1977) listed homosexuality as a mental illness; it was removed from the ICD-10, endorsed by the Forty-third World Health Assembly on May 17, 1990.[105][106] Like the DSM-II, the ICD-10 added ego-dystonic sexual orientation to the list, which refers to people who want to change their gender identities or sexual orientation because of a psychological or behavioral disorder (F66.1). The Chinese Society of Psychiatry removed homosexuality from its Chinese Classification of Mental Disorders in 2001 after five years of study by the association.[107] According to the Royal College of Psychiatrists "This unfortunate history demonstrates how marginalisation of a group of people who have a particular personality feature (in this case homosexuality) can lead to harmful medical practice and a basis for discrimination in society.[103] There is now a large body of research evidence that indicates that being gay, lesbian or bisexual is compatible with normal mental health and social adjustment. However, the experiences of discrimination in society and possible rejection by friends, families and others, such as employers, means that some LGB people experience a greater than expected prevalence of mental health difficulties and substance misuse problems. Although there have been claims by conservative political groups in the USA that this higher prevalence of mental health difficulties is confirmation that homosexuality is itself a mental disorder, there is no evidence whatever to substantiate such a claim."[108]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Submiss...%20England.pdf

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources...c-response.pdf

Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Marriage equality, that is what you are calling this nonsense, bwahahaha. Next thing you will want is your own public restrooms, I wonder what the symbol for those would be to go along with your own "sex"...where will it end. Never has an entire society been held hostage by such a tiny group (under 1%) of its population. And please do not cry me a river about how badly gays have it, the last time I checked the average salary for "gays" was around $80K. Do not get me started about your whining about hate crimes. I lived in the south during the 60's, and as a Jew I can tell you what hate crimes really are. You don't hear the Jewish population which is over double the gay's complaining about laws for them...

Clearly you do not remember in 2004 that Rossi was initially declared the winner until the dems cried about a recount that later was proved to include dead voters and duplication of current ones to steal the election. Rossi had the class not to call for another recount to save the State some money.

Finally I am no gay basher as my brother is gay and I do love him, I just hate his choice of life style and that less than 1 percent of the population costs tax payers so much money on something so self-serving. Why not just leave marriage alone and go after getting equal rights for benefits as a couple. We really do not want to know your sexual preference no matter how much you like to scream about it. Makes me almost want to vote for Romney just to get marriage defined as a union between a man and a woman in the constitution.

To be clear, I hate homosexuality but I pray for those sinners that practice it. I am taught to love them and I am working on that, though reading this board makes it difficult...
Quote:
This has got to be one of the most bigoted post I've seen in awhile.

On one hand you say you love your brother but hate who he is. He has no more chosen to be gay than you've chosen not to be.

Being gay is about more than just a sex act. They love their partners the same way you do. So what's the problem? I know. It's your RELIGION and it's what you've be taught. You are unable to think for yourself. Unable to see beyond the intolerance and bigotry taught to you by that religion.

Your brother deserves better.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:12 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Who would have thought that Gov Christie is only concerned with looking after his own career in the GOP?

Old 02-24-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Marriage equality, that is what you are calling this nonsense, bwahahaha. Next thing you will want is your own public restrooms, I wonder what the symbol for those would be to go along with your own "sex"...where will it end. Never has an entire society been held hostage by such a tiny group (under 1%) of its population. And please do not cry me a river about how badly gays have it, the last time I checked the average salary for "gays" was around $80K. Do not get me started about your whining about hate crimes. I lived in the south during the 60's, and as a Jew I can tell you what hate crimes really are. You don't hear the Jewish population which is over double the gay's complaining about laws for them...

Clearly you do not remember in 2004 that Rossi was initially declared the winner until the dems cried about a recount that later was proved to include dead voters and duplication of current ones to steal the election. Rossi had the class not to call for another recount to save the State some money.

Finally I am no gay basher as my brother is gay and I do love him, I just hate his choice of life style and that less than 1 percent of the population costs tax payers so much money on something so self-serving. Why not just leave marriage alone and go after getting equal rights for benefits as a couple. We really do not want to know your sexual preference no matter how much you like to scream about it. Makes me almost want to vote for Romney just to get marriage defined as a union between a man and a woman in the constitution.

To be clear, I hate homosexuality but I pray for those sinners that practice it. I am taught to love them and I am working on that, though reading this board makes it difficult...
I shall pray for you to hear the teachings of Christ and learn what 'love' actually means.

Spoiler

Maybe I'll even sacrifice a goat.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

On one hand you say you love your brother but hate who he is. He has no more chosen to be gay than you've chosen not to be.

Being gay is about more than just a sex act. They love their partners the same way you do. So what's the problem? I know. It's your RELIGION and it's what you've be taught. You are unable to think for yourself. Unable to see beyond the intolerance and bigotry taught to you by that religion.

Now THIS is the type of brother, his brother deserves...

Marriage Equality. It's time. - GetUp! - YouTube

Old 02-25-2012, 12:03 AM

475 posts, read 648,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

Being gay as being Heterosexual is a choice. My Heavenly Father, teaches that being gay is an abomination, and that is not about religion but about what is right/moral and what is wrong/immoral. I dislike religion as it is man made but I strive to live by Jesus teaching, the Creator's written and living Word. Just because you chose to disagree and call me names and sit in judgment of me does not make that any different. I am saddened that my brother as you seem to chose a path that will lead you away from God and towards spiritual death...
Thinking for yourself is quite overrated and usually leads to sin/pain and separates us from Christ , you can have it. You bet your life I am intolerant, of sin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies