Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 12:52 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The term is used broadly. What I mean is a MAC 10, AK 47, AR 15 and the like.

I've seen people turned into hamburger at close range.
You don't anything about what you're talking about. First off, those guns are no different than any other semi-auto firearm, except in how they look. Any idiot could weld together smaller mags, do a little cutting, etc., to make a larger cap one if the standard mags are banned. Finally, the average deer rifle is more powerful than most of those "assault weapons" you're so scared of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 12:53 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the point is, is that all of the firearms listed in AWB 94 were not assault rifles at all. not a single one of them.

all of the firearms listed were listed for the way they looked, not because of their firing capability.
We all know this. At least the real gun guys! Rep added!

Old 02-09-2012, 12:55 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You don't anything about what you're talking about. First off, those guns are no different than any other semi-auto firearm, except in how they look. Any idiot could weld together smaller mags, do a little cutting, etc., to make a larger cap one if the standard mags are banned. Finally, the average deer rifle is more powerful than most of those "assault weapons" you're so scared of.

I have hundreds of magazines for my firearms, I dont plan on giving any of my firearms no matter if a law is passed or not.

if needed, I will move to a firearm friendly state vs giving up my firearms.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:57 PM

779 posts, read 537,522 times
The Federalist papers are not law. They are a collection of essays promoting aspects of the Constitution.

ESSAYS, containing OPINIONS, not law.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
The Federalist papers are not law. They are a collection of essays promoting aspects of the Constitution.

really? then the seperation of church and state is not law, as it is only explained by what jefferson said in some of his papers.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Nah, the "secure" ones LOVE to talk about it. It takes some OVER 30 years to gain all this knowledge.
As a life-long hunter and a US army vet, I don't feel compelled to brag about my weapons knowledge in an attempt to impress similarly weak-minded braggarts...

So yeah, insecure people whose entire exposure to weapons likely equals a subscription to The American Rifleman and Guns and Ammo use the internet to spin fantastic tales. Not surprising, really.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:

And frequently quoted and used by the SCOTUS, but don't let that fact interfere with your opinion...

Old 02-09-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
As a life-long hunter and a US army vet, I don't feel compelled to brag about my weapons knowledge in an attempt to impress similarly weak-minded braggarts...

So yeah, insecure people whose entire exposure to weapons likely equals a subscription to The American Rifleman and Guns and Ammo use the internet to spin fantastic tales. Not surprising, really.
So now it's "bragging" when we correct lies being spouted by people who want to strip the people of civil rights?

1,263 posts, read 1,171,840 times
Quote:

Either way, the 2nd Amendment didn't mean for "target practice" or for "sporting purposes". You can kill a cow with a hammer. It WAS intending to keep us from going the way of who we were fighting in the 1770's. BE AFFRAID OF YOUR PEOPLE. WE KEEP YOU INLINE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
And frequently quoted and used by the SCOTUS, but don't let that fact interfere with your opinion...
Th SCOTUS frequently cites opinion in it's decisions. It doesn't make the Federalist papers LAW.

Does the truth hurt SO much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies