Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:43 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,453,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Look, more racist flags!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Geez, stuff like this never ceases to amaze me. Where were you in 8th grade history?

The first pic with the soldiers is a Confederate battle flag version of the 2nd Confederate Navy Jack. These are battle flags.
The second flag is the 'Confederate Flag', which is just a rectangular version of the battle flag.
The First, Second and Third Confederate National flags don't look anything like this (well, they have the incorrectly-named 'stars-and-bars' in the corner).
The third pic is the same flag as the first.

Now tell me that if I draw a swastika, I am a racist. It is used by Buddhism, Hinduism and Chinese as a positive sign. The Anasazi (ancient Hopi) of Northern Arizona (way, way, way, like 1100AD) before the Nazi's, considered this a good luck sign. The direction it was drawn represented two different things; one way was the earth, the other, the sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 02:47 PM

3,334 posts, read 1,967,704 times
Default perception as reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What’s up with these Marines lately. First pissing on dead bodies now this? Is the constant duty rotations leaving no time for common since? If these guys were in my unit I would have slapped the **** out of them.

U.S. News - Marines posed with flag resembling Nazi SS logo in Afghanistan
those two Zs at the end of your name look like a swastika to me

Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,221,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it means Scout Snipers
I don't doubt it, but it shows poor judgement on their part. They should have known better. If anyone would know what an SS symbol looks like, it would be military men.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:02 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,385,785 times
How can a flag be racist? Only people can be racist. It is about the intent, not the shape of the symbol.

A swastika (or a rune which is what those 'S's are) from any cultural background be it Indian, Native American or even pre-Christian Europe is just a swastika.

It's the bigoted moron who appropriated the symbol that is the problem, not some squiggles on a cloth.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:03 PM

646 posts, read 802,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Look, more racist flags!
You can call me racist or whatever you like.But when ya'll start jumping to conclusions and bad mouthing our men who are dying for you it is downright pathetic.And this thread started by someone calling himself Shabazz.Shabazz as in kill white babies Malik Shabazz of the new black panthers.You fools

Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
This is what people are worried about when our economy is still in bad shape, and idiots are talking about wars against religion?

How about a little focus on the important things?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,554,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I don't doubt it, but it shows poor judgement on their part. They should have known better. If anyone would know what an SS symbol looks like, it would be military men.
Not necessarily. Many of today's high school graduates have no idea who were our friends and enemies in world war 2 nor when was world war 2. While in the Navy in the 1990s, I served with some young sailors who did not know that Ukraine was once a part of the USSR.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:10 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,824,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
This is what people are worried about when our economy is still in bad shape, and idiots are talking about wars against religion?

How about a little focus on the important things?
That's too hard to understand for the masses. This issue is literally front page news on virtually every outlet right now.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:15 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,689,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What’s up with these Marines lately. First pissing on dead bodies now this? Is the constant duty rotations leaving no time for common since? If these guys were in my unit I would have slapped the **** out of them.

U.S. News - Marines posed with flag resembling Nazi SS logo in Afghanistan
As a former Marine, i can tell you that those guys look to be Scout/Sniper graduates. Sorry if the abbreviation for that is SS.

Ooops, that skull is not very politically correct, i'll have to fire of a letter to Devil Dogs in 3/1 and make them change that.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,923,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it means Scout Snipers

LOL, and I suppose you would believe someone that told you the swastika stood for world peace. Only an idiot would copy not only a Nazi symbol, but the one that stood for the most evil, hardcore Nazis and act like it was no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies