Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:23 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Go to any right wing extremist site and they are all filled with this garbage (even many posters here) You can keep trying with the tin foil conspiracy theories, but the right is fueled by hate, racism, and ignorance, and they love to display it.
Yeah, you never find hate on left wing sites like Koz or Democratic Underground.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:25 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,015,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Posted by Lemmy, 5 hours ago

]A tragedy is when someones passes away from a terminal disease or something else that no one saw coming.Whitney is just an inferior lo w life ni gg er that needed to go,no tragedy,no loss

Read more: Singer Whitney Houston Dies At 48 | Fox News
I'm not a fan of Fox but how are they in any way more responsible for the comments of trolling idiots than are any other news sources with an open comments section?

The world is full of people that seem to enjoy taking advantage of the pain and loss of others and using it as an excuse to spew their own vile remarks. These remarks are by no means unique to Fox. They regularly appear on every site that allows comments. YouTube is particularly rife with offensive remarks made by morons. Would you apply equal condemnation to YouTube for their failure to remove offensive remarks?

The negative comments are an indictment of the stupidity of those that posted them. They are not reflective of the views of the host. To claim otherwise reveals a personal bias and agenda that is not reflective of the truth.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,302,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Is his for real? Did you go directly to the source?
Yeah, I went over to the story on Fox and went through several pages of comments.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Anybody else see this?

I went to the comments thread and tried to go through them all, but I started getting sick to my stomach and had to stop.

Little Green Footballs - Fox News Commenters Respond to Whitney Houston's Death With Deluge of Hatred and Racism
How did they keep from turning off the TV and forget watching the 1991 Super Bowl when she was singing the Star Spangled Banner? Or did they?

Old 02-12-2012, 04:30 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,302,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wouldn't surprise me one bit this is all manufactured from the vicious Left.

Can the OP LINK to the actual Fox News comments...or NOT?
Here ya go

Singer Whitney Houston Dies At 48 | Fox News

You just have to click the comments link at the bottom of the story.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:31 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,133,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Wouldn't prove anything regardless. The comments are open to anybody making them anecdotal evidence at best even if 100% true.

You go there, take the messages by the worst of the trolls, and then write them up as being representative of the entire viewership of the channel. Then you get people around the net, such as the commenters here, who are predisposed to wanting to believe comments like them because they fit into the preconceived "conservative = racist" meme of the left, to accept it at face value. They then distribute the story all across the net as "proof" of the superiority of liberals over conservatives.

Just look at the nature of the comments in this very thread. Look at the tone of this thread. Is there sadness? No. Is there outrage? No. Has there been even one single solitary constructive post in this thread about the issue of racism? Nope. Not one of the liberal respondents to this thread has posted anything whatsoever except a bash of conservatives.
what is there to say?
Fox News either tolerates such comments (some are 5 hours old) or does not moderate its site, opening itself up to critiscm, and therefore presenting its viewers as racists.

I'm not a democrat nor a republican. I'm not American, I don't watch Fox news. Right and wrong is above party lines.... what fox news viewers could have said on this thread is that it doesn't represent them. Instead some think its some conspiracy to taint their image.

BTW, news sources shouldn't be right or left. Conservative or Liberal. When did it become okay for a news source to lean so heavily left or right? Propaganda.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:31 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,980,350 times
Quote:
Go to any right wing extremist site and they are all filled with this garbage (even many posters here) You can keep trying with the tin foil conspiracy theories, but the right is fueled by hate, racism, and ignorance, and they love to display it.
Total Bull ... you are sick

Old 02-12-2012, 04:32 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,206,654 times
Quote:
Racism, hate, and ignorance, what else would you expect from fox news viewers?
LOL.

Some of you are just as bad as those mean nasty monsters from FOX. Just a different label. Remember that.
The comments made on Fox's videos and articles online are no more representative of their viewers than certain ****posters here on CD are representative of the population of people using CD.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:33 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,453,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Anybody else see this?

I went to the comments thread and tried to go through them all, but I started getting sick to my stomach and had to stop.

Little Green Footballs - Fox News Commenters Respond to Whitney Houston's Death With Deluge of Hatred and Racism

That's worse than I would have expected, even from the Fox News audience.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
when in actuality its the sick liberals planting the comments to make it look it was coming from conservatives. This act is trying to stir up racial tensions.
And you know this.....how?

Just because you think that's what is happening doesn't make it so.

If you have proof that it's "sick liberals" posting that crap, please share it.

Obviously FOX can't be held accountable for what people post on their site, but I do think this is indicative of the kind of mentality that watches FOX.

Not ALL viewers, obviously, but I'm pretty sure people who frequent Stormfront are much more likely to be FOX viewers than, say, MSNBC viewers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies