Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:28 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

They aren't leaving the US, they are just putting they're money where it's safe from the communists that are running the country at this time. You have heard of congress hinting about going after 401K's as their next money tree to rape haven't you? They already raided pension funds from federal workers to pay for their shortages here lately. I put mine in a mattress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 11:40 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They aren't leaving the US, they are just putting they're money where it's safe from the communists that are running the country at this time. You have heard of congress hinting about going after 401K's as their next money tree to rape haven't you? They already raided pension funds from federal workers to pay for their shortages here lately. I put mine in a mattress.
FTA:

Quote:
Once again it's easy to scoff. Financially, the very wealthy have probably never had it so good in this country. Corporate profits and financial assets are booming. Tax rates on dividends and long-term capital gains are very, very low. But Duggan says the wealthy feel under attack, and government rhetoric is making them nervous.
Nevermind the part of your article which states that they've never had it so good in this country, they FEEL under attack.

Aww, boo hoo, their poor FEELINGS might get hurt.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:00 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Who do you think is behind it anyway? The market rigging rich will be happy to enact these laws once they move their money. You make money with the politics of the day. If people have a great swell of pity for the blind on any given day, hold out a tin cup and pretend to be blind. I have little doubt any new law will be used to confiscate the wealth of the unsuspecting, and that isn't the odd insider billionaires.

You also cannot disregard simple capital flight from oh gee, I don't know, ZIRP( people love 0% returns) and US bank fraud where they lose your money. Seems to me MF global and mortgage backed securities fraud does not justify the safety premium. So why keep it here? I am sure all those sovereign funds just can't wait to get back in after being raped by our yellow security rating agencies like moon you with *ss crack.

...but way to pass the blame on what the poor saps in the street might do, instead of the outright fraud, naked shorting, phony bond ratings, missing money and lair loans did to our capital markets that for some reason just does not seem to benefit from the world's confidence anymore.

So who is going to screw who again? If its even money, I'd like to place my bet with the World champ please.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:51 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
I did read the article. It plays the usual conservative role of kissing the ass of the wealthy, totally misunderstanding their role in the economy, thinking they are actually needed for economic growth.

The wealthy "global elite" are just a byproduct of nominal growth in the money supply, they are not necessarily a driver of real growth in the sense of "productive investment."

Of course, if you understood that, you wouldn't keep on like you do about how we need to appease them.

The 1% need their worker drones defending their greed. Some of the far right here remind me of rabid celebrity followers, kissing ass to those who'd just a soon run them over.

Quiisling, after Norwegian politician Vidkun Quisling, who assisted Nazi Germanyto conquer his own country, is a term used to describe traitors and collaborationists. It was most commonly used for fascist political parties and military and paramilitary forces in occupied Alliedcountries which collaborated with Axisoccupiers in World War II, as well as for their members and other collaborators.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:59 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
They aren't leaving the US,
Wanna bet? Who do you think are buying these million dollar plus mansions? Arabs?
Attached Thumbnails
The real reason the rich are moving their money to the Caymons-palm_jumeirah.jpg  

Old 02-13-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
FTA:

Nevermind the part of your article which states that they've never had it so good in this country, they FEEL under attack.

Aww, boo hoo, their poor FEELINGS might get hurt.
Why is this a bad thing in your eyes. The poor have never had it so good either. Unless you consider flat screen TV's, free food, phones, housing, etc. etc. etc. a bad thing. Go be poor in Africa and see how good they got it hero.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Who do you think is behind it anyway? The market rigging rich will be happy to enact these laws once they move their money. You make money with the politics of the day. If people have a great swell of pity for the blind on any given day, hold out a tin cup and pretend to be blind. I have little doubt any new law will be used to confiscate the wealth of the unsuspecting, and that isn't the odd insider billionaires.

You also cannot disregard simple capital flight from oh gee, I don't know, ZIRP( people love 0% returns) and US bank fraud where they lose your money. Seems to me MF global and mortgage backed securities fraud does not justify the safety premium. So why keep it here? I am sure all those sovereign funds just can't wait to get back in after being raped by our yellow security rating agencies like moon you with *ss crack.

...but way to pass the blame on what the poor saps in the street might do, instead of the outright fraud, naked shorting, phony bond ratings, missing money and lair loans did to our capital markets that for some reason just does not seem to benefit from the world's confidence anymore.

So who is going to screw who again? If its even money, I'd like to place my bet with the World champ please.
You can put your money where you choose to put it too. Screaming about the evil rich doesn't change reality no matter how bad you folks want to steal their money. I'm pretty stocked up on flour, coffee, silver, TP and canned foods, guns and ammo myself. That is what I invest some of my money in. I invest in myself. What an odd decision to you share the wealthers. lol

Old 02-13-2012, 06:08 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
Why is this a bad thing in your eyes. The poor have never had it so good either. Unless you consider flat screen TV's, free food, phones, housing, etc. etc. etc. a bad thing. Go be poor in Africa and see how good they got it hero.
so in Republican-land , are there only the two demographics: Ultra-Rich and poor?

Old 02-13-2012, 08:22 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Wanna bet? Who do you think are buying these million dollar plus mansions? Arabs?

LOL...you mean the million dollar MANSION (yes, singular as the "world" islands don't have any homes on them and construction has stopped on ALL Nakheel projects due to the "financial crisis".

Those mansions?!

Old 02-13-2012, 08:28 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
You can put your money where you choose to put it too. Screaming about the evil rich doesn't change reality no matter how bad you folks want to steal their money.
They already stole mine in what is euphemistically called a "bailout".

Quote:
I'm pretty stocked up on flour, coffee, silver, TP and canned foods, guns and ammo myself. That is what I invest some of my money in. I invest in myself. What an odd decision to you share the wealthers. lol
That sure put me in my place. I feel so helpless.

Think I might get the hang of it though?

May as well drink something before...whatever.

How can you ever get enough thistle?

About the acorns.

I know how to find and process a 100 more wild foods.

You have canned foods.
I can, dry and ferment and brew just about everything.

You have ammo
I hand load and was taught by a small arms expert.

I read Mun, Adam Smith, Ricardo, JS Mill, Henry George, Marx, and Keynes along with being the class pet in economics during college.

Why do I get the feeling our idea of knowing a subject in depth differs quite a bit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies