Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,574,694 times

Advertisements

We'd all be much better off in the Volt ceased to exist tomorrow; GM will never make any money from it, and it will never become a big seller with that outsized price tag, rebate or no rebate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,823,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Since the cited article clearly states if it is approved by Congress; just how is this Obama's doing? Someone have reading comprehension difficulty?
Do you apply this same logic to the proposals made by the other party or are you on CD screaming about them as if they are fact? If it's the former, you deserve to be labeled as fair and I applaud you for it. If it's the latter, well then, you've earned a different label..... hypocrite.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:05 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,842,447 times
Why are all you people so focused on the Chevy Volt? Some people like them and will love to buy them, especially with a subsidy. I would actually like to buy one too, but even with the subsidy, I wouldn't pay that much for it when I can get a high MPG car for less. I do wish they had a mini-van version for people like me with kids. Like I said though, a lot of people want to not use as much gas and for those people the Volt is a good option and I don't see why so many right wingers have such a horrible view of the Volt and GM. I would think you would want GM to do well.

I agree though with an earlier poster who posted by in Feb that you can get a good fuel efficient car for less than $15K. I love the Toyota Yaris and I love the Chevy Cruze, which gets better gas mileage I believe. A lot of people I know have bought the Cruze, either that or the Malibu for a more expensive car over the past couple years.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,483,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Since the cited article clearly states if it is approved by Congress; just how is this Obama's doing? Someone have reading comprehension difficulty?

Well I dont see that happening.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:54 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,134,821 times
I Don't hear anybody complaining about Farm subsidies to American Farmers or American Farming Corporations. Like GM, these are Mostly American jobs. the bigger gripe to me is when we subsidize Foreign companies such as Nissan in the case of the Leaf or when money is sent to China to support 'Green jobs' (Like the Japanese or the Chinese need us Subsidizing their Jobs).

Old 08-24-2012, 02:07 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,802,509 times
When they raise it to $30,000 it just might be worth buying that pc o'crap. They should all be painted green, since green cars are a subliminal rolling accident.

I just bought an F350 power stroke, you know, doing my part by sending Cali's bureaucrats more tax income to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I Don't hear anybody complaining about Farm subsidies to American Farmers or American Farming Corporations. Like GM, these are Mostly American jobs. the bigger gripe to me is when we subsidize Foreign companies such as Nissan in the case of the Leaf or when money is sent to China to support 'Green jobs' (Like the Japanese or the Chinese need us Subsidizing their Jobs).
How about the $300M Obama sent to A123 Systems? I hear a Chinese company is willing to buy the company for $1500, but Obama must give them $56M to do it.

I love new math!!!

Last edited by steven_h; 08-24-2012 at 02:17 PM..

Old 08-24-2012, 02:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Why are all you people so focused on the Chevy Volt? Some people like them and will love to buy them, especially with a subsidy. I would actually like to buy one too, but even with the subsidy, I wouldn't pay that much for it when I can get a high MPG car for less. I do wish they had a mini-van version for people like me with kids. Like I said though, a lot of people want to not use as much gas and for those people the Volt is a good option and I don't see why so many right wingers have such a horrible view of the Volt and GM. I would think you would want GM to do well.

I agree though with an earlier poster who posted by in Feb that you can get a good fuel efficient car for less than $15K. I love the Toyota Yaris and I love the Chevy Cruze, which gets better gas mileage I believe. A lot of people I know have bought the Cruze, either that or the Malibu for a more expensive car over the past couple years.
I just had a rental Cruze for the last week or so as my car was getting repaired. Not bad but no room which I am accustomed to. I'll stick with my Explorer for now. Maybe if my legs shrink and the kids get older so I don't have to haul them and all their sports gear and the like around I'd look into one.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You should use the search function. Plenty of threads about farm subsidies and plenty of "complaining" in em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies