Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:15 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

that is all kind of messed-up.

Quote:
Army enlisted leaders all over the world are being ordered to take the Pregnancy Postpartum Physical Training Exercise Leaders Course, or PPPT, according to U.S. Army Medical Activity Japan health promotion educator Jana York.

Soldiers don fake belly, breasts to better understand pregnant troops' exercise concerns - News - Stripes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why would we need pregnant soldier's (women) in the service? What is the good of this? This doesn't make sense, if you could explain it would be helpful.
Try reading the whole Stars & Stripes article; the Fox article is really only a snippet. For your information:

Quote:
The program, which is mandatory for pregnant soldiers, was set up to get them back to their units quickly after they give birth, according to Staff Sgt. Latoya Nieves-Gonzales, who is helping York train the NCOs at Camp Zama.
“Pregnant soldiers were trying to do [regular Army] physical training and they couldn’t do a lot of the exercises,” she said.

Soldiers have six months to meet the Army’s height and weight standards and pass a physical training test after they give birth, she said, adding that nine pregnant soldiers do PPPT training at Camp Zama each morning.
They are out of their units during pregnancy, and, up til recently, did not have proper PT training that they could do. All Army PT is not suitable for pregnant women, or during the immediate postpartum period. In the Stars & Stripes article, it says that pregnant soldiers were allowed to sleep in rather than do PT because there was so much of it they could not safely (or physically) do. They still need to keep in shape, though, so that they can return to active duty.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
And of course another liberal fails!

When you find the time, instead of trolling, try to read the post that I was responding to!
I did.
Read your link and post no. 19.
Trolling, I believe that's your game.

________
Emeraldmaiden, some posters choose to be obtuse.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:29 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I think there are varying degrees of impact from one man to the next, and now we all know a little bit more about you than we really needed to know.

Yes, but there is a thing you can wear to prevent that "problem" from adversely affecting your ability to exercise. There's nothing I know of which can "support" being pregnant except a bra.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
A whole different Army than the one that I served in.

I do believe that any Ranger worth his salt back then would have been in the brig before giving in to this kind of PC BS!

Army Orders Soldiers to Wear Fake Breasts and 'Empathy' Bellies - U.S. Army - Fox Nation
Much fuss about nothing. The training is appropriate for the assignment.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I did.
Read your link and post no. 19.
Trolling, I believe that's your game.

________
Emeraldmaiden, some posters choose to be obtuse.
Yeah, well. I can't help trying. Tilting at windmills, eh?

Old 02-17-2012, 08:34 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Fake boobs and pregnant bellies on our soldiers ... what will they come up with next?
Wearing sanitary pads for several days so that our soldiers can understand some of the problems the girls face during "those difficult times of the month."

Old 02-17-2012, 08:37 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
How about we come up with some sort of training for those old-timey troglodytes who won't accept that women are in the service to stay.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:42 AM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Try reading the whole Stars & Stripes article; the Fox article is really only a snippet. For your information:

They are out of their units during pregnancy, and, up til recently, did not have proper PT training that they could do. All Army PT is not suitable for pregnant women, or during the immediate postpartum period. In the Stars & Stripes article, it says that pregnant soldiers were allowed to sleep in rather than do PT because there was so much of it they could not safely (or physically) do. They still need to keep in shape, though, so that they can return to active duty.
But not telling the whole story makes it cooler.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Wearing sanitary pads for several days so that our soldiers can understand some of the problems the girls face during "those difficult times of the month."
If you wanna try it, go ahead. I have one piece of advice for you - sticky side down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies