Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 04:04 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times

Advertisements

Send them every office holder and staff member in Washington government, and also all the legislators of the states, including everyone making over $80,000 a year. Sell them as slaves, as they have sold the American people.

Let them take all the money (that they've stolen) if they can get out of the country AFTER we have frozen their assets under the IRS, which has more power and greed than any agency. No lawyers will be allowed to be hired by these government scum to fight the IRS.

This would solve 2 of our major problems as a nation--getting rid of a ruling class that is long overdue to face the fate of historical tyrant classes, and getting us away from China.

Then--total protectionism. We did great before our leaders sold us to foreigners, and forced the American taxpayer to pay for creating and fighting thousands of wars around the planet. Do we really think starving savages in the desert could AFFORD million dollar high-tech military weaponry? WE GIVE IT TO THEM, so Washington politicians can say "NOW WE NEED TO WAGE WAR THERE!"

Americans stop listening to the most corrupt, narcissistic, evil, war-mongering profiteers on the planet--and for a start, STOP VOTING FOR THEM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 04:10 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I think since the politicians sold us out to China,we should sell their multiple homes,cars,boats,retirement funds etc etc first to pay the Chinks back...I didn't borrow the money,so I don't owe it.
Oooohh I love it! The lobbyists and their owners can pay their bar tab!! Excellent!!!

Old 02-17-2012, 04:13 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont know if that would satisfy them but i think very soon, AIG is guna sell a whole lota houses to them. meet your new landlord.
The worst imaginable scenario in my mind is having Amish pay their property taxes to the Chinese gov't. We've already seen how they 'managed' Tibetan monks.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:16 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The Chinese are the single largest, non domestic, owner of American debt.

They own about 12% of our total debt.

Actually, Americans own most of our countries debt, paid for with the social security tax through bonds purchased for that program.

We'll just give them Mississippi.
I've heard the UK owns more of our debt than China. Not sure if that is true but heard it on C-Span.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:45 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You wrote:

How can you make such a claim without knowing anything about the poster?

How is that rational?

Talk about ad hominems!

don't go away mad; just go away.
No, I also wrote:

we owe them dollars. you think we have some kind of shortage of dollars, that would require us to sell them timber and water rights?

and you ignored that and made some reference to greece. Greece is irrelevant. The premise that we need to SELL them some actual THING, in order to acquire dollars out on the open market, is absurd. We create dollars out of thin air.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:57 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
The Chinese probably don't want the US to pay back its debt, all they want is the reliable payment of interest...
It's a bit like with credit card companies.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:04 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I've heard the UK owns more of our debt than China. Not sure if that is true but heard it on C-Span.
Maybe with total citizens, I'm not sure.

"In total, China owns about 8 percent of publicly held U.S. debt. Of all the holders of U.S. debt China is the third-largest, behind only the Social Security Trust Fund's holdings of nearly $3 trillion and the Federal Reserve's nearly $2 trillion holdings in Treasury investments, purchased as part of its quantitative easing program to boost the economy."

Latest numbers I've seen in the quote above, 8% of total debt is held just by China. About half is in SS trust funds and treasury bonds held by individuals. Again, if counting individuals, perhaps the UK is higher then China, but that isn't the country.

U.S. Debt - How Much China Owns

Old 02-17-2012, 05:30 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Washington DC
Thats the best answer, it would solve a lot of our problems.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:14 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Oooohh I love it! The lobbyists and their owners can pay their bar tab!! Excellent!!!
Wouldn't that be awesome....A big truck with "Dung Chow Moving Company" shows up at all of the politician's doors with a Deputy Sheriff and they start hauling all of their ill gotten loot away to pay the Chinese debt interest

I would LOVE that...I would sit on the sidewalk in a lawn chair,eat a snowcone and watch it with unbridled glee

Old 02-17-2012, 09:16 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
I think China owns us "lock, stock, and barrel."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies