Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Of course, Reid can point to the 171 appointments by Bush of people during recesses of the Senate. When he does this he fails to see that Bush did this pretty unconstitutional thing for 8 years and Obama has only 32, so far, but when you add in 90 more he would be at 132 in less than 4 years. I guess those numbers don't really count when you are the one in power, The GOP thought like that for those 8 years of Bush. Is there a chance that there is very little difference in the two parties? I sure think there is.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/3801/ha...ees-appointed/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 06:21 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Of course, Reid can point to the 171 appointments by Bush of people during recesses of the Senate. When he does this he fails to see that Bush did this pretty unconstitutional thing for 8 years and Obama has only 32, so far, but when you add in 90 more he would be at 132 in less than 4 years. I guess those numbers don't really count when you are the one in power, The GOP thought like that for those 8 years of Bush. Is there a chance that there is very little difference in the two parties? I sure think there is.

Harry Reid Wants 90 Unconstitutional Nominees Appointed - Godfather Politics
The constitution provides for recess appointments. The difference between Bush and Obama is that Bush used recess appointments when the Senate was actually in recess. Obama recently made "recess" appointments when the Senate wasn't actually in recess. That's the part that is unconstitutional.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:42 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
What makes a nominee unconstitutional?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I think that would be if roy or beck disagree with it.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:55 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Quote:
If Roy thinks they are, or Beck tells him they are.

This item has been ruled on and regurgitated to him many times, and he doesn't care if the only answer is the one he doesn't like.

It's willful ignorance, since this is the third thread on the same exact topic, pretty much a textbook case.

He just cuts and runs when he starts losing. Still, fewer threads on this then his "Agenda 21" crusade.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Nominees for office aren't unconstitutional. That's what the subject here is saying. That said, the OP might be from a different country originally and have issues with the language. Otherwise, I guess he/she didn't pay attention in school.

Last edited by noexcuseforignorance; 02-23-2012 at 10:27 AM..

Old 02-23-2012, 10:18 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Yay! Soon Washington DC will have a 100 foot tall concrete statue of Lenin. Oh, happy day!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
The Senate needs to have limits on how long they can delay someone to death. That will solve the problem.

Dont like someone? Vote no.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

I mean...how much more plainly can it be said?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:35 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The constitution provides for recess appointments. The difference between Bush and Obama is that Bush used recess appointments when the Senate was actually in recess. Obama recently made "recess" appointments when the Senate wasn't actually in recess. That's the part that is unconstitutional.

What I see in this article is that both parties are against each other on this issue. Actually, I think the writer was pointing out that there is very little difference between the two on this issue. It is much like what I see as the establishment in the two parties. I think they work together and that really chaps my butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies