Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 05:40 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,064,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
It's easy for someone who's had no experience with prejudice to deny it, to attempt to deflect blame onto the research methodology. There are some people who, for whatever reason, have a psychological need to feel superior to others, whether it's via race, gender, religion or ethnicity. In a world where people are introspective and have a desire to improve their
spiritual lives, people would be responding to the video by taking it at face value and asking what can be done to stop such stereotyping. I'm always mindful of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Happily, there truly are people who are more concerned with someone's goodness of heart than with their outer appearance, and we can hope that there will be more with each new generation. You're quite right that admission is the first step, but that must be followed with contrition and change...that's when the ego begins to resist.
Good assessment! I agree also with what the psychologist said. Especially in the U.S. it is a doctrine that whites are superior than blacks..which as we know is completely false and asinine rationale. No one can be superior soley based on race. I also thought that the whites in the video took their aggression on the young black man and banded very quickly like the Tea party because they are tired of the last 4 years and tired of waking up every morning knowing a Black man runs this country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:45 PM

840 posts, read 782,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Come on RPON, to be fair, there are plenty of white folks who act like animals as well. Me personally, I judge people by their character, and not the color of their skin. A**holes come in all colors, and from all walks of life!
True enough. But as a whole blacks do commit more crimes than their numbers should be allowed for. Maybe that's why folks pay more attention to a black person committing a crime than a white. Personally I see someone doing something like that I call the cops.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:50 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,611,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Come on RPON, to be fair, there are plenty of white folks who act like animals as well. Me personally, I judge people by their character, and not the color of their skin. A**holes come in all colors, and from all walks of life!

Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney, to name a few.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:54 PM

341 posts, read 903,012 times
Who cares.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
[/b]

Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney, to name a few.
I would like to add Santorium, Gingrich and Romney to that list!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:08 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I would like to add Santorium, Gingrich and Romney to that list!
I have discovered the difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberals call their political opponents "animals" and "a**holes". Conservatives are too civilized to do likewise.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM

27,668 posts, read 16,166,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have discovered the difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberals call their political opponents "animals" and "a**holes". Conservatives are too civilized to do likewise.
Dont forget the dried up turd maxine, she likes to use the term "demon"...oops, a little irony?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:29 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,607,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vetter View Post
That sound you just heard was enema country's head exploding.
Are you sure?
It sounded like a single rice krispie going off in a bowl of milk

Old 02-28-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Oh don't forget to add in addition to being civilized that they chose to not attend college because that would make them a snob. Heaven forbid to be a right winger with a college education--that is grounds for eternal damnation!!!d

Old 02-28-2012, 06:36 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,944,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vetter View Post
I never said that racism doesn't exist. Show me where I said that. Exactly. This whole whiney a$$ thread is based on a obviously staged video. Good Lord, get a grip would ya.
It's staged but the reactions of the people taking action or not taking action is real. It's a social experiment. The oly people who know they are being recorded are the actors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies