Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 AM

994 posts, read 725,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
It won't matter to the faithful. Outrage is far more important than facts. Who cares about truth when they can remain mad and frightened by that scary black guy in the White House?
Outrage is far more important than the truth to conservatives, says the liberal as he calls them out for racism.

Wow, hypocrisy much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Another grand slam from Stewart He hits everything from pointing out Willard's hypocrisy on Santorum using "dirty tricks" to faux news' propaganda talking points as of late spread by their masters. (shockingly the same spread here on CD by the extreme right goons,..)

Jon Stewart Blasts Fox News: ‘Rooting For America To Fail Since November 2008′ | Mediaite
Yep he nailed it. On a side note I cant stand the one guy who was reading his marching orders from the RNC. He is weasel of a tea party type.

4,428 posts, read 4,485,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Dream on... But, but, they have Combs.... Forget they're reading RNC talking points.
How can you say that Debbie Wasserman Schultz was spouting RNC talking points?

Are you denying that I just saw her on Fox?

She has never uttered a Conservative view point ever.

What are you accusing Fox of, by having her as a guest?

7,085 posts, read 12,063,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
I don't know why concerns with unemployment, the deficit, and higher gas prices are bad? Obviously they have a right slant, but are all three of those things not actual issues? Would you rather have news address the issues (even with bias) or ignore them completely?
There can be a discussion about them, they are concerns. However, it's rather bad when some one can stand up and show a memo that tells their "News Network" to bang this like a nail in order to harm the re-election chances of a political opponent. It ruins the credibility of the network and the people there (not like it had much credibility left) as well as taints unbiased discussions about the subject who is connected with it.

While people differ on opinions, you don't go out of your way to trust people who are openly trying to manipulate you to the decision that benefits them the most. I certainly don't go to stores that would have the advertisement "We're going to get you into the most expensive F'ing thing here no matter if it is good for you or not you lazy s**t...but we will tell you we are unbiased and honest when you talk to us"...so why do it with your news source?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Outrage is far more important than the truth to conservatives, says the liberal as he calls them out for racism.

Wow, hypocrisy much?
Never visited a birfer thread? FYI, the gloves came off long ago, it isn't about whether Obama was born in America, it is that the founding fathers didn't foresee a n****r being president.

Last edited by buzzards27; 02-29-2012 at 08:26 AM..

Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
There can be a discussion about them, they are concerns. However, it's rather bad when some one can stand up and show a memo that tells their "News Network" to bang this like a nail in order to harm the re-election chances of a political opponent. It ruins the credibility of the network and the people there (not like it had much credibility left) as well as taints unbiased discussions about the subject who is connected with it.

While people differ on opinions, you don't go out of your way to trust people who are openly trying to manipulate you to the decision that benefits them the most. I certainly don't go to stores that would have the advertisement "We're going to get you into the most expensive F'ing thing here no matter if it is good for you or not you lazy s**t...but we will tell you we are unbiased and honest when you talk to us"...so why do it with your news source?
Tell us that MSNBC is straight down the line and un-biased.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 AM

308 posts, read 518,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Yes, this is true.

But, it doesn't ALWAYS happen that way. There are plenty of real issues that if they negatively impact the Left, won't get talked about at all by MSNBC and the like.
I agree with you 100%. However, I am sure the same can be said of the right, but I do think it happens more often on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post

Well, I think you are right and it is a major problem with the news. I think MSNBC and FNC are both extremely biased in about 90-95% of their newscasts, however, the point still holds water (I think at least) that when both sides talk about it, it is obviously an issue.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
How can you say that Debbie Wasserman Schultz was spouting RNC talking points?

Are you denying that I just saw her on Fox?

She has never uttered a Conservative view point ever.

What are you accusing Fox of, by having her as a guest?
don't put words in my mouth, I did not say the above...

Faux spews has some dumb ass dem broad on for a few minutes and the they laugh at every thing she says and go back to the RNC spin cycle...

Do the math, you give a den five minutes, in a day how much time is that???? 0.3% of their 24 hour day. Fair and BALANCED???????

When they spend a tenth of the time reading DNC talking points without joking about them, let me know.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
don't put words in my mouth, I did not say the above...

Faux spews has some dumb ass dem broad on for a few minutes and the they laugh at every thing she says and go back to the RNC spin cycle...

Do the math, you give a den five minutes, in a day how much time is that???? 0.3% of their 24 hour day. Fair and BALANCED???????

When they spend a tenth of the time reading DNC talking points without joking about them, let me know.

Is MSNBC fair and balanced?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,773,437 times
Haha. Gretchen Carlson's look and being called out at the end of the Stewart segment was classic. Really hard to tell if it if it was coincidence but...haha, I'll be laughing about that one for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies