Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 02:03 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,347,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I wonder if the liberal left can get any dumber, or have they totally bottomed out? From some of their post here, I would think the latter would be the case.
No, believe me, they can get dumber!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Half the country and ALL of the world hated that war dodging, drug addicted DB.
Obama?

Old 03-18-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Obama will win again. Not that I am a big fan. He is just the best of two bad choices in my view.
More like he is the worst of two bad choices. Unless you look forward to seeing $20+ trillion in debt if he serves two terms.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Really? Well, it looks like we will be having duck until January 2017 because the Republicans goose is cooked (and to a burnt crisp to boot)
Considering they picked up 50+ seats in Congress in the 2010 elections, it looks like they are far from being "cooked."

Old 03-18-2012, 02:10 AM

Quote:
We know you didn't...this mentality is the basis for all of the Tea Party, birther, Muslim, etc nonsense. There was always going to be a segment of the population who would never accept a non-White man in the White House. I already knew that the bigots would attempt to manufacture this type of ca-ca because they are predictable and that's what they do.
How is the Tea Party "nonsense?" You don't agree that the government should not raise taxes, not spend more than it receives in revenue and should respect the Constitution?

Old 03-18-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Oh, so you're a Newt Gingrich supporter then?
No, Elmer Fudd more closely resembles Al Gore!

Old 03-18-2012, 02:19 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
It's a rule in American politics. Most President's aren't truly considered "legitimate" until during their second terms. Like Democrats felt about Bush after his controversial appointment as President in 2000, many Republicans are convinced that Obama should never have become President; despite facts to the contrary, Republicans believe Obama's victory in 2008 was nothing but a fluke.

The unprecedented level of obstructionism and disrespect that was leveled towards Obama during his first term from Republicans is no co-incidence. It was an orchestrated effort to undermine an Administration that they view as illegitimate. However as the first 4 years wind down and another 4 years of Obama as commander-in-chief looms, I've noticed a more compliant tone from Republicans as they slowly come to terms with the fact that Obama is indeed President of the United States... and will serve in that role for awhile.

Their complete surrender on the Payroll tax fight is just one example of Republicans coming to terms with the fact that Obama is President. As Obama stop bending over backwards to please them and gets more assertive with the powers granted to him by the American people, Republicans are forced to accept their minority position within the Government. Their original plan of undermining the President at all cost with the hope that it would derail his Administration totally blew up in their face. Their Birther movement splintered and the Tea Party has been exposed as a massive fraud.

While many on the left chastised Obama for been too compromising with Republicans, I believe he will be more assertive than ever during his second term. Republicans, having suffered another scathing defeat to Obama at the polls, will have no choice but to grudgingly accept him during his second term. If the economy continues to improve, Obama could potentially enjoy one of the most popular second terms of any President in recent history much like Clinton did in the late nineties, and Reagan in the eighties. We had a completely lost decade under Bush. It's about time we made up.
I agree with many points. The Republicans have horribly misread Obamas presidency. They believed it was a fluke and the way to fight that fluke was to listen to Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the far-right talk-radio Fox News crowd. This has forced, 'former' Repulicans, like me to move left. I really don't like Obama, he is a great man, a great family man, has great morals, but I think he has just sucked as Prez. I mean c'mon, he gets in office during the financial collapse and his first focus is the healthcare bill...Could you have possibly picked any worse time and place???

That being said...This almost makes me believe part of what the end of the world nuts say...We really are just puppets in what a few at the top decide for the world. Think about it, Clinton was very vulnerable at his second term and they gave us BOB DOLE...Bush was very vulnerable at his second term and they gave us JOHN KERRY...Here we are again and what do we get? This Republican circus...I mean seriousely, a 6yr old could do a better job figuring out how to defeat Obama!

Really, my theory, I believe the higher ups in the political parties are just like the rest of Amercia...Most gov't, and private corporations, are just extremely fat at the top. Run by a bunch of extremely overpaid, incompetent morons, and due to such an outrageous influx of money they are able to just keep on keepin' on. Hold the lower pions to super high standards and fire them the minute they don't perform, meanwhile the incompetent idiot at the top gets another bonus after the company reports another bad quarter. Politics has become the same.

As much as I don't want to vote for Obama, the Republicans have left me no choice. They are fruitcakes, they scare me with the stuff they are saying, and they will be a disaster for America. And if teflon Mitt thinks he can say what hes saying then flip flop again for the 100th time once the actual election takes place...No sorry you've lost my vote!

Old 03-18-2012, 02:21 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
How is the Tea Party "nonsense?" You don't agree that the government should not raise taxes, not spend more than it receives in revenue and should respect the Constitution?
The Tea Party is nonsense. Its called 'hyprocrisy', thats why nobody believes the crap they spew!

Old 03-18-2012, 02:48 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,079,689 times
So Obama isn't going to win in November?? When is the "third party" candidate going to begin campaigning? Obama doesn't need to get MOST of the votes in the States just more than any of the other candidates.

I would be open to other choices but there are none.

Sanitorium ?? Sexually repressed and wants the rest of the country to be too.
Romney ? Seems to change position depending on whom he is talking to.

Newt ? HAHAHAHA

Old 03-18-2012, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
The Tea Party is nonsense. Its called 'hyprocrisy', thats why nobody believes the crap they spew!
What they "spew" (asking the government not to raise taxes, to not spend more than it receives in revenue and to respect the Constitution) makes perfect sense to me. Would you rather the government raise taxes, continue to spend more than it receives and not respect the Constitution?

Where is the "hypocrisy?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies