Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimzer View Post
Is this not the incident? Because it doesn't seem very accidental.

Dove World Quran-burning controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nope. Wrong incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM

168 posts, read 142,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nope. Wrong incident.
Ah. Well, even so, I can see why they would be upset after that one. May I ask for a summary of what happened and/or some references so that I can be informed?

Old 03-01-2012, 01:28 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
NO WAY! Time (way past in my opinion) to get out of Afghanistan and the UN.
And never again offer humanitarian assistance from the public treasury. Famine? They can all die. Tsunami? Don't bother me.

No good deed goes unpunished.

As far as Afghanistan we need to pull out yesterday and allow these backward, ignorant people to return the time before the seventh century where they all deserve to live. Imagine their joy of once again being able to enjoy Friday Night Executions of rape victims!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:33 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
"The United Nations has joined Afghan President Hamid Karzai in calling for disciplinary action against those who burned copies of the Holy Qur’an at a US military base in Afghanistan."

PressTV - UN mission demands punishment for Qur?an burners

Maybe I missed it. But I didn't see anything about accountability/punishment for those who have killed in anti-U.S. retaliation.

I also think it's way past time to use nuclear weapons against these Muzzies. That would bring them to their knees in a hurry.

I don't hear anyone calling for punishment of those who are burning Christian Churches, killing Christians or speaking against Christianity.

We are getting into dangerous waters with this idea that burning a book (so-called "holy" or not) warrants punishment, and to criticize Islam and Mohammad the false prophet can be punished by even death.

Hillary Clinton has vowed to hold talks on how we can be more "tolerant" and combat negative stereotyping of Islam. I wonder how she feels about the hatred spewed constantly in the press, on forums such as this, the disrespect shown in movies and TV shows and talk shows, toward Christians (as well as Jews)?

Free speech is in real danger here. This is not a good road to be going down. I'd sooner put up with a little mocking than see people silenced and afraid to speak their mind (whether they look like idots or not).

And I for one, do not intend to quit exposing Islam for what it is.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I also think it's way past time to use nuclear weapons against these Muzzies. That would bring them to their knees in a hurry.
Truly the "Christian" thing to do.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:06 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Erm...we burned their holy books.

I can imagine Christians up in arms if Muslims declared the Bible guilty of crimes against humanity and burning it, perhaps even a few of them killing Middle Easterners. I don't see what everyone's problem with the Muslims being upset over this is. I'm not saying I agree with the Muslism killing our soldiers, but I can see the need for intervention.

It's almost like no-one has read up on what actually happened and think that the Muslims hate our freedoms.
They were accidently burned because Muslim detainees were already "desicrating" them by passing notes in them. Our government has already apologized. Yet rioting and killings of Americans persist and now punishment of those who inadvertently burned the books is being called for??? Crazy. Time to get out.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:20 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
Quote:
Erm...we burned their holy books.

I can imagine Christians up in arms if Muslims declared the Bible guilty of crimes against humanity and burning it, perhaps even a few of them killing Middle Easterners. I don't see what everyone's problem with the Muslims being upset over this is. I'm not saying I agree with the Muslism killing our soldiers, but I can see the need for intervention.

It's almost like no-one has read up on what actually happened and think that the Muslims hate our freedoms.
I could see a couple of christians doing revenge killings on muslims for something like burning bible (even though every christian knows that muslims have already been doing this). There are wackos in all faiths. But no faith can hold a candle to the wackos (in fervor or in numbers) in islam. They come out in mass and just kill everyone who isn't one of them just to get back at one specific group of people (like in this case). If a Euro-Christian does something - ALL foreigners (even if they are muslim) gets killed (if the opportunity presents itself to them). Very weak comparison you have made. Holy books of any kind are not an excuse to kill people.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
This was just a few months ago.
Ya think any Qurans got burned?
Dozens killed in Pakistan mosque bombing - World news - South and Central Asia - Pakistan - msnbc.com

Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
"The United Nations has joined Afghan President Hamid Karzai in calling for disciplinary action against those who burned copies of the Holy Qur’an at a US military base in Afghanistan."

PressTV - UN mission demands punishment for Qur?an burners

Maybe I missed it. But I didn't see anything about accountability/punishment for those who have killed in anti-U.S. retaliation.

These Muslims are idol worshipers, a book is paper, ink and some glue, it is not a God.

When terrorist groups take credit for blowing up people and buildings with car bombs, how many Qurans go up in smoke along with the people who are murdered?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:35 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
And never again offer humanitarian assistance from the public treasury. Famine? They can all die. Tsunami? Don't bother me.
Ever hear of charities? You know, where people actually give away their own, instead of other peoples' money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies