Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:30 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times

Advertisements

I love B.C. Saw him when I was 10 in CA when he was there. Still a funny man and a very decent man when you meet him.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Who hates Bill Cosby? I think he's great and I agree with him 100% on black issues.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The op had no control what the title says..I didn't see the word ALL in the title either.... common sense tells me that.
Well then, if it's not ALL black people, then what's the big deal?

I'm sure some black person in this world has ALWAYS hated Bill Cosby at every point in his life. Big deal. So some blacks don't like him. Are blacks obligated to like him?

This is a bunch of nonsense anyway. What Bill Cosby had so say about blacks or the black community is his opinion. Moreover, it's a discussion between him and his people. I don't know what the big interest in this discussion could possibly be for non-blacks. Hell, i'm black, and i'm not even all that interested in it.

It's always funny to me how if one black person says something disparaging about the black community (whether it has a kernel of truth or completely false), non-blacks hail it as some kind of triumph as if they have a personal stake in it.

I know what's going on...but it's hilarious to watch it just the same.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:45 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Less than zero. He knows what Rush and conservative bloggers tell him on Negro News segments on their shows and blogs. And with that, he's equipped to talk about black people as if he knows them.
Don't forget the tv show "The Wire"

Old 03-03-2012, 09:51 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I think he struck a nerve. Blacks need more leaders of this caliber, not the radical haters that stir things up because that's what keeps them in business.

WHY DO BLACK PEOPLE HATE BILL COSBY | FunnyTube - Free Funny Video
I don't know of any black people who Hate Bill Cosby.

Feeling hyperbolic today? Take two anti-racist tablets, drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:54 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Many blacks dislike Bill Cosby for the same reason they hate people like Allen West, these black men have done what it takes to be successful in life and they're in a position where they don't have to worry about PR when speaking their minds about problems in the black community.

Black people hate it when whites talk about their problems, they really hate it when educated, successful blacks talk about them out in the open because it forces them to think for a change.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:56 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I think he struck a nerve. Blacks need more leaders of this caliber, not the radical haters that stir things up because that's what keeps them in business.

WHY DO BLACK PEOPLE HATE BILL COSBY | FunnyTube - Free Funny Video
1) I have never heard any of the Black people that I know (family, friends, friends of friends, acquaintances, co-workers, classmates, etc) express hatred or even a dislike of Bill Cosby and his ideals.

2) It is obvious from your OP that you do not personally know any Black people, so why are you so very concerned about who Black people "like" especially since you do not "like" Black people yourself?

3) Why do Black people need separate leaders? My "leader" has always been and will always be the POTUS. Who is your "leader" David Duke?

4) Numerous 'actual' Black people have posted that the statement in your OP is untrue. Why do you continue to try to force your obviously incorrect stance? What purpose are you attempting to serve besides the usually C-D race baiting?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Many blacks dislike Bill Cosby for the same reason they hate people like Allen West, these black men have done what it takes to be successful in life and they're in a position where they don't have to worry about PR when speaking their minds about problems in the black community.

Black people hate it when whites talk about their problems, they really hate it when educated, successful blacks talk about them out in the open because it forces them to think for a change.
Do not associate Bill Cosby with Allen West. The only think they have in common is skin color.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:58 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

Sorry, watching Kat Williams comedy skits doesn't make you an expert on Black people.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:00 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
3) Why do Black people need separate leaders? My "leader" has always been and will always be the POTUS.
Sounds like something you should ask black people since you guys seem to love finding your own separate items for just about everything.

Why do black people need separate colleges?
Why do black people need separate political caucuses?
Why do black people need separate history classes?
Why do black people need separate holidays?
Why do black people need separate months for appreciating?
Why do black people need separate TV stations?
Why do black people need separate political leaders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies