Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:09 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,349,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I dont think Rush should have and I dont think Ed should have either

We have this thing called free speech in this country and each time something like this happen that slips away.

I dont listen to Rush but I will defend his right to say what he likes as I will defend Eds right also
Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from judgment by other entities and individuals in society. Might want to understand what the concept of free speech really is before defending a dirt bag with this standard retarded defense that always gets trotted out when some bigot realizes he's in over his head.

I agree with you that a mistake can be forgiven. People do misspeak - that much is true. Rush Limbaugh did not misspeak. He has been goading people for years with outrageous comments that at times border on outright racism and even slander. This time, he went too far.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,030,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
lol....Even an apology from Rush gets liberals into a frenzy. That man certainly has power over them.

This liberal isn't in a frenzy, simply disgusted that Limbaugh has once again crossed the line. Bad enough that he called Ms. Fluke names like a Middle Schooler, but the flaccid "apology" added insult to injury...again.
That he suggested that she film herself having sex so he could watch tells you that he's definitely the guy who's still miffed that he couldn't buy
a date in high school....it's perverse.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,228,680 times
Looks like social media like facebook and twitter is going to bring Limpballs to his knees!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:14 PM

47,061 posts, read 26,192,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Does that include all the right wing posters here who chimed in with their chorus about Fluke being a "****"? They should all be sued.
Well, the size of the audience is directly linked to the severity of defamation. I doubt an obscure message board could approach the classification of libel.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:16 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,475,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This liberal isn't in a frenzy, simply disgusted that Limbaugh has once again crossed the line. Bad enough that he called Ms. Fluke names like a Middle Schooler, but the flaccid "apology" added insult to injury...again.
That he suggested that she film herself having sex so he could watch tells you that he's definitely the guy who's still miffed that he couldn't buy
a date in high school....it's perverse.
This thread has turned into pages, in a matter of minutes, as liberals feed like a pack of wild hyenas. Of course Rush is uncouth. This is not new. If you don't like it, then don't listen him.

Unlike liberal heroes of Maher and Olbermann, at least Rush apologized for his uncouth and misogynistic statements.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:16 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,133,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Really, he just needs to go to some island and call it a career.
Face it, Rush has jumped the shark. His career has been waning for the past few years and he already lost his tv show and his gig of being a sports commentator. Now his already shrinking radio audience will be reduced to a half dozen stations with advertisers ranging from adult video stores to phone hook-up companies.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:17 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,030,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I think that move is about protecting himself from a personal lawsuit.
Not that he should have one, but that never stopped someone with free lawyers from going after people before and wasting both time and money.

Did he offer her a free can for the side of her bed that said donations?
Did he offer an EIB condom supply for her or to pay for her to get the tubes tied?
Ye gods, man! Get some new material, puhleeeze! If I had a nickel for every post you've made in the past 24 hours mentioning a "can" in one place or another, I could buy Rush a month's worth of Oxies!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:18 PM

46,429 posts, read 27,289,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am sure that is what prompted Limbaugh's apology (damage control).
Yea, damage control to a guy who's last contract was for $400 million...

Old 03-03-2012, 06:21 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,405,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
He's the most listened to talk radio host and liberals are mad that they could never have the success on talk radio that conservatives have.
Hello....it's 2012......who listens to talk radio EXCEPT rednecks in pickup trucks!!!!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,871,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Rush is free to say whatever he likes....and WE have a right to boycott his advertisers until they make the choice between that fathead dweeb or their revenue. Its that simple
See that isnt really being free to say whatever he likes, if you are going to try and punish him for using his free speech.

Having free speech means just that free to say your opinion or what not without the fear of consequences or punishment

Heck maybe we should call your boss and tell them you should be fired because we just dont like the things you post on here. Where does it end.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH WITHOUT BEING PUNISHED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies