Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:30 PM

25,901 posts, read 16,630,745 times

Advertisements

That's something I'm not going to miss, those stupid ugly truck things.

So what gas price will compel you to send it to the junkyard (it won't be worth anything).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 05:35 PM

1,081 posts, read 918,432 times
I laugh at these suv jokers at the gas station, just like I laugh at them stuck in the snow.
Signed,
Volvo driver

Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,191,328 times
I plan to drive my Toyota FJ Cruiser until the wheels fall off. I'll also continue to drive my 1977 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser. If the FJ40 is any indication, then the wheels will never all off the FJ Cruiser. Is that long enough for you?

(PS Grady....i'm the guy who graciously pulls people out of the ditch....not the guy getting stuck!)

Old 03-13-2012, 05:37 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,980,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

So what gas price will compel you to send it to the junkyard (it won't be worth anything).
I would start thinking about it when it hits $10-$12.

I got a big SUV with enough weight on it so if we crashed you would perish and I would live.

I got big leather seats, heated of course, and I can hold up to 8 people comfortably. I never haul more than two total, that is counting me, but what is really important is when traveling down the road at 85 mph... so smooth it glides!

Oh, and it sits really high for a great view. If I were stopped at a red light behind you all you would see was my chrome bumper in the rear view mirror. In fact if I had a rear end accident (my fault) I would probably go over the top of your car which would be a good thing as energy would be dissapated more slowly.

What kind of car do you drive, smart car?

Old 03-13-2012, 05:42 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,873,215 times
The most fuel-efficient SUVs (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/02/the-most-fuel-efficient-suvs/index.htm - broken link)

Most get similiar gas mileage to

2012 Ford Mustang Sports Car | All Legend. Zero Compromise. 305-412 HP & 26-31 MPG | Ford.com

Simple fix? Ban Mustangs. They won't be worth anything. Or something.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:42 PM

9,169 posts, read 5,841,614 times
If I give up my truck, I'll have
to tow a trailer behind my Volt.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:50 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,965,946 times
Quote:

At what price of batteries will you put your little hipster Prius, SmartCar, or other POS in the dumpster behind the Natural Foods grocery store?

I'll work a second job before I consider parking my wheels.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,366,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
At what price of batteries will you put your little hipster Prius, SmartCar, or other POS in the dumpster behind the Natural Foods grocery store?

I'll work a second job before I consider parking my wheels.
I think that Secretary Chu is working on a new method of propelling automobiles that would work quite well if you are going the right direction. Yep the next energy form they will waste money on is the sail powered one.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,042,198 times
Quote:

Mr. Finger,

SUVs became popular because station wagons were seen as old-fashion, and they also made the driver look too domesticated. Mini vans hung on for a while, but SUVs finally took their place. In my opinion, people will continue to drive their SUVs and, if necessary, forgo some other expense, like the weekly trip to Denny's, or that new backyard trampoline that dad promised.

Personally, I shake my head in disgust more at the Hummers than the standard SUVs. Some model Hummers average under 10 MPG. And they are allegedly painful to drive in most other ways too. Yet sucke... I mean folks bought them.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,366,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I would start thinking about it when it hits $10-$12.

I got a big SUV with enough weight on it so if we crashed you would perish and I would live.

I got big leather seats, heated of course, and I can hold up to 8 people comfortably. I never haul more than two total, that is counting me, but what is really important is when traveling down the road at 85 mph... so smooth it glides!

Oh, and it sits really high for a great view. If I were stopped at a red light behind you all you would see was my chrome bumper in the rear view mirror. In fact if I had a rear end accident (my fault) I would probably go over the top of your car which would be a good thing as energy would be dissapated more slowly.

What kind of car do you drive, smart car?
Have you heard that today Steven Chu said that he didn't want gasoline prices to go any higher? That is a scary reversal of thinking. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that THEY see gasoline prices as really hurting Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies