Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:50 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
Same treatment here would have been possibly a punch in the face if the kid punched him, not a shot to kill.

What was the kid going to do, Skittle him to death? Make him taste the rainbow? Spray the liquid in his face. Zimmerman had over 100 pounds on the unarmed kid. Who's to say the kid wasn't defending himself. He has a suspicious man following him while he's on the way back to his dad's girlfriend's house. The suspicious fellow obviously gets out of the car for some reason rather than take the advice of 911. He has now become a suspicious stalker. The kid may have started to defend himself and trigger decides he's big, bad, and licensed to carry, and of course who's going to believe him over a perceived thug in a sweatshirt.

Plus the guy had already been charged with assault on an officer which was later expunged. There's also issue with witness tampering from the police. A lady said she heard the boy scream for help, but a drug enforcement officer 'corrected' her (who came up after everything took place) and said it was actually Zimmerman who screamed for help. The lady has reiterated that it was indeed the kid who screamed.

Hmm.
If Zimmerman had 100lbs on the kid why was the kid on top of him beating his ass BEFORE the shot was fired?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
No place in the USA is safe for black people.
That's pretty damn true given how frequently they shoot and kill each other in all black communities.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
what exactly did the 17 year old do to get shot?
usually in any community outcry, this is the critical info lacking, what happened just b4 the 17 year old AA got shot.
too often the response is, it does not matter what he was doing, he was black, 17 and the man that shot him was white.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:54 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
How do you know the block captain initiated a confrontation? How do you know the kid didn't start the altercation for some unknown reason?

You don't, you just want to believe that this white guy saw a random teen "negro" walking down a sidewalk and shot him for being black. You don't have any facts whatsoever, you just want it to be race based therefore you continue to make ignorant assumptions.

If this "block captain" or whatever the hell he is tailed this kid for no reason, started something with him and then shot him when the kid defending himself by beating this guy's ass I'm all for frying him tomorrow and twice on Sunday. I'm just not going to make assumptions about a situation I know very little about, that's clearly something you have no problem doing.
Why was the block captain suspicious to begin with? It was because he saw a black guy in hoodie. That is racist. That is why race is being brought into this discussion. If the kid were white, the captain wouldn't have been suspicious. You are hoping he can get off with self defense because you want the white guy to get away with killing a black person. I know that would make you happy.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
what exactly did the 17 year old do to get shot?
usually in any community outcry, this is the critical info lacking, what happened just b4 the 17 year old AA got shot.
too often the response is, it does not matter what he was doing, he was black, 17 and the man that shot him was white.
He was walking while being black. The white guy saw a black kid in gated community and got scared, assumed he was up to no good and decided to confront him. Thats pretty much how it went down.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Why was the block captain suspicious to begin with? It was because he saw a black guy in hoodie. That is racist. That is why race is being brought into this discussion. If the kid were white, the captain wouldn't have been suspicious. You are hoping he can get off with self defense because you want the white guy to get away with killing a black person. I know that would make you happy.
Once again, until the 911 call is released we don't know do we? What will you say if the 911 call is released and the block captain is calling because he is watching a 17 year old trying to break into a car or a window on a house?

I want the facts to come out before people make assumptions, I've already stated a few times that if the guy wasn't truly acting in self defense then he should die for what he's done. Of course you couldn't care less about that, you just want to continue to make this about race when I want to make it about FACTS.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
He was walking while being black. The white guy saw a black kid in gated community and got scared, assumed he was up to no good and decided to confront him. Thats pretty much how it went down.
Thanks for the info honey, now who wins the 2014 Superbowl?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Race doesn't even need to be brought into this though people. The guy got out of his car to pursue someone and a fight broke out. Someone ended up dead. The police botched this one pretty bad. The apparent coverup by the police isn't helping either. He was specifically told not to get out of his car. A fight breaks out. Someone ends up dead. I'm also curious to the fact that an officer was correcting a witness. Oh yeah, Zimmerman was getting beat up by a 17 year old kid who weighed 100 pounds less than him. I guess he needs to carry if that was the case.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Once again, until the 911 call is released we don't know do we? What will you say if the 911 call is released and the block captain is calling because he is watching a 17 year old trying to break into a car or a window on a house?

I want the facts to come out before people make assumptions, I've already stated a few times that if the guy wasn't truly acting in self defense then he should die for what he's done. Of course you couldn't care less about that, you just want to continue to make this about race when I want to make it about FACTS.
I'm 100% certain that the kid wasn't doing anything wrong except being black in a gated community. If that kid was breaking into a car or house, it would have been reported by now. The reality is, he saw a black kid and got scared because he was wearing a hoodie and didn't think he belonged their. I don't need to wait for facts to come out. That kid was unarmed, but the captain was, so i know how that situation went down.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Race doesn't even need to be brought into this though people. The guy got out of his car to pursue someone and a fight broke out. Someone ended up dead. The police botched this one pretty bad. The apparent coverup by the police isn't helping either. He was specifically told not to get out of his car. A fight breaks out. Someone ends up dead. I'm also curious to the fact that an officer was correcting a witness. Oh yeah, Zimmerman was getting beat up by a 17 year old kid who weighed 100 pounds less than him. I guess he needs to carry if that was the case.
Race needs to brought into the discussion because it was a white guy killing a black kid because of his race. If this were a 17 year old white kid, this wouldn't have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies