Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:45 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,640,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Gov. Mitch Daniels has not decided whether he will sign legislation explicitly authorizing Hoosiers to physically resist police if officers are breaking the law.

"I'm going to have a long look at it and see if anyone has anything to say that I haven't already heard," Daniels said Monday.

Senate Enrolled Act 1 permits a person to use reasonable force against a public servant, including police officers, to protect themselves from the imminent use of unlawful force, prevent illegal entry into a home or vehicle, or stop the unlawful taking of a person's property.
Source

This will get interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,323,413 times
Very interesting. I wanna research this further.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 AM

840 posts, read 784,308 times
I hope he signs it.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:49 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,166,439 times
I hope he signs it too. Not only that, I hope that ALL police officers are held the same standards as us common folk. There needs to be an independent organization responsible for investigating claims of corruption by citizens. The current standard of handling everything "in-house" isn't cutting it.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,600,116 times
Cop said these reporters were "creating a scene" by their very presence!

Prison Planet.com » Cop Arrests NBC Reporters, Says “Your First Amendment Right Can Be Terminated”

Old 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,250,950 times
Uh, NEWS FLASH: Police are under local control, not federal control.

Anytime you all feel so inclined, you may actually participate in your local government, since your local police report to the mayor and you are effectively the mayor.

The point being "What kind of 'tard would wait for a governor to do something that they can do themselves?"

Just thought I'd remind you all of your civic duties and responsibilities.

Reminding...

Mircea

Old 03-19-2012, 01:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,908,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Uh, NEWS FLASH: Police are under local control, not federal control.
Federal? This is state government at work, and it can create such laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
I hope he signs it.
He will sign or veto it, depending on how much he is in touch with the realities.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,103,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I hope he signs it too. Not only that, I hope that ALL police officers are held the same standards as us common folk. There needs to be an independent organization responsible for investigating claims of corruption by citizens. The current standard of handling everything "in-house" isn't cutting it.
Ihope not because at elast legally poice are held to much stritewr standards. Wehn is the last tiem you remmebr a citizen beign tried twice for sdame crime/ If you look at laws poice are held to much more of a stadard. To let comomon citizens go beyond what is i most stae laws ;risk place police and victims i terrible circumstances where poice are discouraged to get involbed in mnay areas of law enforcement.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:37 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,799,700 times
Does the police officer have a right to defend himself from the citizen that is exercising his right to defend himself from the officer who believes his safety is endangered by the citizen who believes he is being illegally detained by the officer who sees the citizen is acting suspiciously?

Old 03-19-2012, 01:45 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,812,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Ihope not because at elast legally poice are held to much stritewr standards. Wehn is the last tiem you remmebr a citizen beign tried twice for sdame crime/ If you look at laws poice are held to much more of a stadard. To let comomon citizens go beyond what is i most stae laws ;risk place police and victims i terrible circumstances where poice are discouraged to get involbed in mnay areas of law enforcement.
For God's SAKE please learn how to type!

Or at least proofread. Everyone else does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies