Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 06:20 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,287,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I agree... I lend myself to the theory that Zimmerman was getting his hind quarters rocked.

If I had to make a guess as well.....he probably shot him because of pride and couldn't deal with taking an L.

But that's just me.
He probably shot figuring the big teenager was going to kill him.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:21 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,396,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
What is the measured response for a six foot three inch guy on your back beating your head in again?
Staying in your car?

I assume you're referring to Trayvon on Zimmerman? I'd say if you're a scary guy with a guy it's a recipe for disaster if you go picking fights because they will go for the gun a lot quicker than a guy with minerals.

If you ever played hockey instead of say, basketball, you don't pick a fight with a guy you can't take- no one's jumping in and it will be a fair fight. It keeps everyone honest.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Quote:
Personally, I don't buy that. I don't think Martin had any interest in killing him. But time will tell.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:24 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,668 times
Quote:
Who is the DH giant Jewish person again?

LMAO! The "giant" would be my Dear Husband, who weighs 205lbs. Trayvon weighed a whopping 140lbs dripping wet. Neither of them "huge."
Now my friend Big Ed? He's a giant at 6'7" and 375 lbs. Picked me up in a bear hug at our last h.s. reunion and I was 3' off the floor...

Old 03-22-2012, 06:25 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,668 times
Quote:
Death by Skittles? Or was the iced tea the lethal weapon?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:31 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I thought the same thing. Again--just looking for the facts.

I've been following the story myself since it came up, and the 10 day suspension was glossed over and rarely mentioned. I also recall an earlier article saying the Treyvon was sent to his father's house for the duration of the suspension to "get his head right" or something to that effect.

It does make some sense here. If he was suspended for 10 days (which is pretty lengthy by HS standards) he was probably sent to his father's home in order to be dealt with for the suspension or his general behavior as a disciplinary action by his mother. It may not have just been an ordinary visit to dad's house.

Again, there's been little to no coverage or clarification on that. But it's one a few things that has kept me from jumping on the issues portrayed in the media.
Another glossed over fact are the injuries Zimmerman sustained.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
BS it DOES MATTER. Always has and always will. Weasels like white supremacists and Black supremacists Alton Maddox/ Farrakhan have a vested interest in cashing in on their blood. So do you.

I loathe and despise them all equally. Smiley and West prefer a healthy outcome and invest themselves just that way. But for you, all blacks are exactly the same. Which is why Trayvon got the treatment you feel a violent animal you heard about once deserves. Doesn't matter how right he was. Doesn't matter how decent he was. He's just another piece of trash, as Zimmerman would say. You ARE Zimmerman. That's why you defend his despicable behavior.
I have a vest interest? No, I just happen to live near a city that has one of the highest homicide rates in the U.S - the majority of those crimes are black on black, and quite a few don't get solved - "don't snitch" is in fact becoming an issue for prosecutors and the police.

Anyway, the point is, over 90% of all black homicides are committed by other blacks (the same goes for any race), and blacks comprise half of all homicides in the U.S, despite being only 10% of the population.

So sure, maybe it is wrong that Zimmerman hasn't been arrested yet - but in the scheme of things that are bad for black men, getting shot by a white dude ranks pretty low, and yet this isolated incident has received far more press than the appalling homicide rate for blacks (about 20 per 100,000, compared with about 4 per 100,000 for whites).

I can't help but think that the outrage is being stoked by individuals and groups that make a living off of racism.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
This is a big point that got lost in the discussion. It underscores what many Blacks have felt for forever: the life of a Black male is undervalued by LE and society.

Everything that came out about the cops' actions screams: "Meh... Black kid probably deserved what happened. Let's go."
It's undervalued by Black Americans first and foremost. A cursory look at the murder, educational and other demographic stats confirm that.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Please provide a link to just one case in which a black kid was killed by another black kid that was not arrested after admitting they were the shooter.

Until you can provide that, you are just propping up a worthless strawman.
You are aware that admitting he shot the kid does not necessarily make him guilty of murder, right?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:38 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,378,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
His father DOES NOT live there. Some posters are too lazy to get their facts. This is why I'm against this lynch mob mentality they are displaying.
You can blme that on me, although laziness has nothing to do with it. Many news reports state that the boy was visiting the father at his home. OK the boy was visiting his father at his father's girlfriend's home. What is significant is that the boy wsa there legitimately. And even if he wasn't, shooting him was not ok.

What stopped Mr Self-Appointed Cop from rolling down his car window and saying "Excuse me young man, I don't believe I've seen you around here before. Mind if I ask where you're headed?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies