Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

We have been lied to!

The NEOCONS and Their Global Agenda (Drops Names) - YouTube!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 11:39 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Wait this is the party he has supported and now is seeking their nomination? Come on man

Old 03-20-2012, 12:02 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Must be an old speech from Ron Paul because the Neocons are far more numerous among the GOP and right wing pundits.

Charles Krautheimer
Bill Kristol
Jon Bolton
Paul Wolfowitz
Richard Pearle
The Kagans
Douglas Feith
Elliot Abrams

All rightwingers and what people refer to as "conservative" (Although Ron Paul is correct they are not real conservatives)

Hitchens was liberal, he's dead now, and was despised by the left for supporting the wars. Many decades ago the founders of "neoconservatism" may have been liberal but they left the Democrats back in the 1970's....So don't smear the Democrats today with having many Neoconservatives.

Martin Peretz, an editor at the New Republic is liberal and a Neocon....also despised among most liberals ...who actually protested his recent award dinner at Harvard.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:25 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
i put the GOP into two main camps --

the Tea Party and Religious right are one camp that I call "RWNJ's". These are your blue collar middle america conservatives, who hate "globalism" and "free trade" and generally don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to economics. They are preoccupied with "conservative purity." Santorum and Palin are your classic RWNJ's.

the Neocons are your extreme pro-business types. These would be the Kochs, the Cato / Heritage / Wall Street types -- the sort that think tax cuts generate tax revenue, and that certain people are "job creators." Their big priorities are hawkish foreign policy, deregulation of large institutions, heavy regulation of individual liberty, and trickle down economics. Deep down they don't really care about the deficit or the middle class. Both Gingrich and Romney are hard core neocons.

Last edited by le roi; 03-20-2012 at 01:33 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Wait this is the party he has supported and now is seeking their nomination? Come on man

Why do you think the GOP is imploding on itself, to a brokered convention?

The man behind the curtain, has exposed the truth.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:29 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

the Tea Party and Religious right are one camp that I call "RWNJ's". These are your blue collar middle america conservatives, who hate "globalism" and "free trade" and generally don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to economics. They are preoccupied with "conservative purity." Santorum and Palin are your classic RWNJ's.

the Neocons are your extreme pro-business types. These would be the Kochs, the Cato / Heritage / Wall Street types -- the sort that think tax cuts generate tax revenue, and that certain people are "job creators." Their big priorities are hawkish foreign policy, and trickle down economics. Deep down they don't really care about the deficit or the middle class. Both Gingrich and Romney are hard core neocons.
Tax cuts do generate revenue. Why do you think Obama fought so hard to keep the 2% social security tax cut...and the Bush tax cuts in place?

Aren't you the guy who advocates for forgiving household debt so that discretionary income will flow into the economy? I would have figured you understood the policy of tax cuts and the propensity of people to spend the extra money. I guess not!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

the Tea Party and Religious right are one camp that I call "RWNJ's". These are your blue collar middle america conservatives, who hate "globalism" ....SNIP

I'm not what you would consider a religious nut. I am more spiritual, from my Cherokee heritage, but blue collar middle America, conservative, describes me to a T and I relate more to Ron Paul, than any of the rest.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 PM

639 posts, read 828,375 times
Ron Paul isn't really a Republican, he's a libertarian (was once with a capital L) that realized the system is rigged by the duopoly so you have to be in one of the 2 major parties to get anywhere. he is one of the few respectable politicians

Old 03-20-2012, 12:46 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Tax cuts do generate revenue. Why do you think Obama fought so hard to keep the 2% social security tax cut...and the Bush tax cuts in place?
Because of politics. Neither has generated one cent of additional revenue, so why are you lying? Both policies are costing the nation billions. And outside of the economic downturn the Bush Tax cut has been the single biggest contributor to the national debt.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Aren't you the guy who advocates for forgiving household debt so that discretionary income will flow into the economy? I would have figured you understood the policy of tax cuts and the propensity of people to spend the extra money. I guess not!

Tax cuts = You get your own money back. Imagine that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies