Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:56 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times

Advertisements

I'm devastated about this. I was a huge Whole Foods Market fan but of ALL COMPANIES to be associated with/ merge with/ be acquired by they couldn't have picked anything more evil than Monsanto that gave us Agent Orange that killed or caused cancer in how many soldiers in Viet Nam? No it is Monsanto the king creator of genetically engineered seeds with 67 known health hazards that can develop if you ingest them or food grown from them.

http://www.seedsofdeception.com/Publ...bate/index.cfm

According to this article a lot of Whole Foods products that aren't labeled "USDA organic" have GMOs in them despite a year ago and more their policy was not to sell anything they were aware of that had GMO ingredients. HOW DEPRESSING!

Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: Whole Foods Market okays GMO coexistence | Food Freedom

Now the only way to be sure of what you are getting is to grow your own food with heirloom seeds.

Last edited by emilybh; 08-09-2011 at 08:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
sad news indeed.roger that on growing you own till the monsanto frankenplants cross pollinate and ruin them forever

Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
...i hate to tip you over but almost 90% of all processed food, regardless of what's on the label, has gmo's in them....do you know there are 1583 elements that can be put in a food product but, because of loopholes sanctioned by the fda, do not have to be listed on the label...scary stuff!!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Whole Paycheck gave up keeping GMO foods out of their stores long ago. It is going to be nearly impossible to ensure non-Monsanto GMO's in any food products.

Those heirloom seeds will be contaminated via cross pollination so you'll only have one generation of which you can be certain. If the FDA cared about food safety the'd go after Monsanto first. However, as long as Monsanto has their people running the federal agency that isn't going to happen. Some European countries are standing strong against Monsanto. Elected representatives should take their cue.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Whole Paycheck gave up keeping GMO foods out of their stores long ago. It is going to be nearly impossible to ensure non-Monsanto GMO's in any food products.

Those heirloom seeds will be contaminated via cross pollination so you'll only have one generation of which you can be certain. If the FDA cared about food safety the'd go after Monsanto first. However, as long as Monsanto has their people running the federal agency that isn't going to happen. Some European countries are standing strong against Monsanto. Elected representatives should take their cue.
If you used a greenhouse I think you should be ok. Set it up in the winter time and grow your heirloom seeds in that, that way cross pollination risk is reduced.

But hey, I guess the answer to solving corruption in the FDA and USDA is to give them more money right?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...i hate to tip you over but almost 90% of all processed food, regardless of what's on the label, has gmo's in them....do you know there are 1583 elements that can be put in a food product but, because of loopholes sanctioned by the fda, do not have to be listed on the label...scary stuff!!
many of us dont eat processed food and if this new monsanto crap gets into our fresh produce its over.they are taking over corn for human consumption now.we just got our first load of Co olathe sweet corn the best in the world.if monsanto frakencrap cross pollinates it it will only be a sweet memory

Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
Yeah but people pay extra money for food fron "health food" stores for the research they do to make SURE their vendors are selling PURE WHOLE FOOD (maybe pesticide sprayed but at least without GMOs which are thousands of times worse).

Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Quote:

The courts must stop Monsanto from patenting the world's food supply. Up until now, the courts have failed the people miserably. This topic is very sensitive to me, it really makes my blood boil.

As for Whole Foods, I won't shop there. I can get great organic produce at a local farmer's market, although it costs more money.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Especially if their parent company is Monsanto now!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
I for one couldn't care less whether my food has GMO's HMO's or GBT's in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies