Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
do i, or do i not have the choice not to buy from those corporations?

you really don't have a problem with your tax money being wasted like this, do you?
Never said that now, did I?

I don't like my tax money being wasted on defense contractor cost overruns, gifts to cesspool countries, or needless wars of choice either but I realize the government was sold to private interests a long time ago and it's not gonna change in my lifetime.

And like it or not you ARE paying whether you patronize those companies because they write those expenses off, AIG et al ring a bell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:33 AM

45,631 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Plenty of corporations do the exact smae thing but people don't care.

After all, it's not 'gummint' $$$

Guess who pays, every time you buy a product/service?
Corporate money is private money.

This has got to be one of your top 5 worst posts.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 AM

45,631 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Quote:

I don't like my tax money being wasted on defense contractor cost overruns, gifts to cesspool countries, or needless wars of choice either but I realize the government was sold to private interests a long time ago and it's not gonna change in my lifetime.
So you are against Obama's actions in Libya and Egypt - good to hear. Nice comeback after that other post.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Corporate money is private money.

This has got to be one of your top 5 worst posts.
A little too truthful for ya?

I'm guessing your favorite 'people' are those whose name ends in INC?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So you are against Obama's actions in Libya and Egypt - good to hear. Nice comeback after that other post.
Yeah, if you'd read much you would've known I've expressed that opposition any number of times as well as encouraged the whiney right to proceed with the impeachment they'd threatened but were too chicken-s**t to follow through on. I'd welcome seeing the way we go to war put on trial.

BTW, nothing to comeback from. I'm not happy seeing the government buying $44 breakfasts but why are you OK with corporations being able to deduct that very same waste when tax time rolls around?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:43 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,354,392 times
Quote:
Plenty of corporations do the exact smae thing but people don't care.

After all, it's not 'gummint' $$$

Guess who pays, every time you buy a product/service?
Guess who has the right to decide whether or not to buy a product or service (unless it's an unconstitutional healthcare mandate we're talking about of course).

Epic

Deflection

FAIL

Old 04-03-2012, 10:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,146,110 times
Quote:

And like it or not you ARE paying whether you patronize those companies because they write those expenses off, AIG et al ring a bell?
It certainly sounds like you don't give a rats ass about your government spending this kind of money on a "conference." You hate the Iraq War....so what? Two wrongs don't make a right.

It would be real nice if we could find one liberal who will hold the government accountable by speaking against this type of fraud, waste, and abuse. Just one...that's all we ask.

Obviously it's not burdell.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 AM

23,582 posts, read 17,262,317 times
The story here is that the guy was keeping his expenses for the conference in line with precedent.

The outrage is that he became the poster boy or sacrificial lamb while all the other antelope are breathing a sigh of relief as the lions made their kill and the rest of the herd can graze in peace.

Be outraged at the heredity of such numbers$$$$ the federal government has been using all along. Hey, it's just taxpayer money whose supply is infinite. Sure raise the taxes on the 'fill in the blank' so the feds can waste more money.

The illusion is that the more tax money collected, the more good the government can do. Well throw that concept out the window. How can the feds ask for more taxes when they waste what they have.

This cost cutter story is the thread we need to follow to address the genetic problem of wasted taxpayer money. Problem is columnists like Jack anderson have been writing about government waste since the 1960s with absolutely no affect.

This story is a pure entertainment.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,641,644 times
uggabugga
left is just a bastion for the fool's golden dawn
befriend

7,904 posts, read 3,352,441 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain
Isn't there a movie out there called "The Hunger Games" where the big fat cat Government People enjoy all the food and finery, while laughing at the citizen kids they send out to kill each other competing for basic food and providing entertainment for the Government Elite? This photo captures it.

Pelosi claims Obama being "The Food Stamp President" is a badge of honor.
just a couple years ago, obama said
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHO
"Responsible families don't do their budgets the way the federal government does. Right? When times are tough, you tighten your belts. You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college. You prioritize. You make tough choices. It's time your government did the same."

Doesn't get any clearer than this. Think I'll save it to help teach my kids the definition of hypocrisy as well as the evils of Big Government.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It certainly sounds like you don't give a rats ass about your government spending this kind of money on a "conference." You hate the Iraq War....so what? Two wrongs don't make a right.

It would be real nice if we could find one liberal who will hold the government accountable by speaking against this type of fraud, waste, and abuse. Just one...that's all we ask.

Obviously it's not burdell.
If you'd learn to read and comprehend you'd understand when I mentioned other wastes I didn't like EITHER in the context of THIS waste you'd understand what that EITHER means. Apparently you're too dense for that, or just too tunnel visioned.

I'd like to find one conservative who isn't a damn corporate boot-licking hypocrite.

IF a $44 breakfast for example is waste when fed to a government employee, why do you so casually accept it as a legitimate, deductible business expense when fed to a private employee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies