Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 PM

37 posts, read 24,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
+1. Their so sensitive
Their so sensitive what?

Clue: It's they're;Smart One.As in "they are"

Actually, the whole post is wrong. "They" are not "all" sensitive, as the GLBT community is made up of many different types of people. Some sensitive, some not.

*interrupts thread for commercial*

Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius (real men of geenius...)

Today Bud Light salutes YOU Mr. Broad Stroke Generalizer Guy!

When individualism is what we crave, you gladly put us all in groups

(All blonde chicks are stupid!)

When we all want to stand out from the crowd, you push is right back in!

(Hey you get back in there....)

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Mr. Broad Stroke Generalizer Guy...

(Mr. Broad Stroke Generalizer Guy...)

Because you put the pigeon, in pigeon hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 PM

161 posts, read 211,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
+1. Their so sensitive
They're*

Old 04-03-2012, 11:13 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The school is not holding a "Day of Silence."
The school where I used to work (a public high school in San Francisco) observed the Day of Silence one year - totally voluntary to participate, but I'd guess way more straight students than gay/bi ended up taking part. It was a really nice event, especially since it gave me a bit of peace & quiet for once.

This was in San Francisco, though, so I imagine such an idea wouldn't go over as well in other regions.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 PM

210 posts, read 251,255 times
The shirt should be banned. That shirt is a direct attack on a groups belief system and also a lie. This kid did not know Jesus, never met Jesus and never had the opportunity to ask him his opinion on gay marriage. No one has the right to be the mouthpiece for another groups lord and savior in a cheap attempt to manipulate and persuade others to further his own personal agenda when what he is saying is a direct savage attack on said groups belief system. It's the exact same thing cult leaders do, speak for a divine being that people believe will save them to further there own agenda.

It's sick and disgusting. His parents should be ashamed of him as should anyone who lives on his street.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The 1st amendment doesn't really apply in a high school (dress codes usually take care of that), but it's funny how they were screaming "liberals suppressing free speech again!" when it was about removing a religious mural... double-standard much?

P.S. The one thing - probably ONLY thing - I actually agree with from the OP? School uniforms. We really need to have those in public schools, as they do in most other countries.
I agree with Gizmo, who agrees with the OP.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
The shirt should be banned. That shirt is a direct attack on a groups belief system and also a lie. This kid did not know Jesus, never met Jesus and never had the opportunity to ask him his opinion on gay marriage. No one has the right to be the mouthpiece for another groups lord and savior in a cheap attempt to manipulate and persuade others when what he is saying is a direct savage attack on said groups belief system. It's the exact same thing cult leaders do, speak for a divine being that people believe will save them to further there own agenda.

It's sick and disgusting. His parents should be ashamed of him as should anyone who lives on his street.
How is "Jesus was not a homophobe" a lie? You never met Jesus either, so how can you say it's a lie?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post

(I kind of like the idea of school uniforms. Gets rid of all the political, gang & cheesy/sleezy apparrel & hassles that go along with them. Kids can then concentrate on academics, which way back when was actually the point of public education.)
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

[doing so would help get these distraction out of the schools]

Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

LOL...hadn't seen that in awhile. I remember when LMGTFY first blessed us with it's presence, I played with it for days. I submit that there is nothing wrong with being "easily amused."

Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

[doing so would help get these distraction out of the schools]
I wholeheartedly agree with Mike's wholehearted agreement and offer an anecdote from my days in HS. When I started, and all through (and beyond, unfortunately) the sag thing was in. Boys wearing their pants around their ankles practically showing off boxers (WHY????). There are not many things, my fellow posters, that will ruin your day faster than a face full of Butt Crack first thing in the morning

Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxaimeexXx View Post
LOL...hadn't seen that in awhile. I remember when LMGTFY first blessed us with it's presence, I played with it for days. I submit that there is nothing wrong with being "easily amused."
Not at all... it's a silly yet fairly brilliant creation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies