Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 04:00 PM

507 posts, read 1,539,891 times

Advertisements

Bring on the arrest of Zimmerman so this circus can stop. I expect this in a very short time.

Zimmerman can't use "self-defense" when he ran after Martin. Yes he RAN, his panting and footsteps are heard on tape.

Zimmerman is going down.

The delay here is in how the other bigots should be dealt with, namely the original prosecutor and the good old boys he met with.

Game over.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,982,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

There was a Swastika painted on a street here this weekend and the news played it up big as a major news story. More than likely it was a stupid kid thing and not that newsworthy.
First of all, that's destruction of public property. Second, it symbolizes hate. Not newsworthy? The fact that it was done during Passover doesn't bother you? I'm curious. Does the section of Dallas where this happened have a lot of Jewish residents?

Sure, maybe it was "just kids" having a little fun. The same people who are saying this is no big deal are calling Trayvon Martin a thug because he got suspended from school. Think about it.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:13 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,982,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm completely impartial to this, but when neither the feds, the state or the local PD are able to find anything else this far into it in order to even make a simple arrest, let alone an idictment or charge...then whether you agree or not...it would have to cast atleast some doubt as to whether trayvon was completely innocent in all of this.

So, you are saying that if you are walking along minding your own business or chatting to a friend on your cell phone, it's okay for someone to trail you in his SUV and then get out of his car and follow you in the dark? You won't mind if that person then starts to question you? If you have children, I certainly hope you tell them to run if a stranger tries to approach them and to fight and cry for help if they are confronted.

In any case Trayvon Martin was innocent. He wasn't doing a damn thing but walking home. Even if the defense can prove he was trying to fight off Zimmerman, who was following him behind the townhouses on a dark path, does this justify the shooting?

If the feds cannot find a reason to arrest Zimmerman, based on Florida law, then it does not mean he was right. It only means there isn't enough evidence and that the laws protect him. It says nothing about Martin's innocence or guilt.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:21 PM

179 posts, read 157,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Let's say you are 100% correct. Does this give him a reason to follow and pursue that person on foot while carrying a gun? No.

God forbid I should get lost when visiting a friend in a gated community. Oh, I forgot, I'm an old White woman. Nobody is going to question me. Phew!

Take a deep breath....remember: there is no evidence Zimmerman "profiled" Trayvon, or anyone.

He called a non-emergency number to report a suspicious person like he had done a few times before (average 6x a year as a neighborhood watch guy). He had recently stopped a burglary in progress.

He did not on this call, nor had he on any previous calls we know of, even offered the suspect's race before being explicitly asked.

He tutored black kids. He lobbied for the rights of a homeless man who was beaten by police. He has black friends.

By all evidence, he does not profile and is not a racist.

Ask yourself: if we knew everything a month ago that we know now, would this ever have blown up in the media? (Hint: no). This would never have been a story about a white guy profiling a black kid (based on doctored 911 calls and the shrill screams of injustice by a few outraged minority activists). It would have been a minor local story about an hispanic neighorhood watch guy who shot a troubled teen in self-defense, and then gone away.

The only reason you even have this whole racial narrative in your head is because of lies, upon lies, upon lies, that the media forced on us for weeks before the truth finally came out. Now that the truth is out, you and many other people desperately try to fit the square peg into a round whole and somehow cling to the idea that Zimmerman was a racist vigilante out for blood. The actual evidence is completely non-supportive of that.

And by the way - please people, listen to the 911 call or at least read the transcript. Zimmerman was already out of his car when the non-emergency dispatcher told him it wasn't necessary to follow - and Zimmerman said "ok" to that information, and we have no reason to believe he continued following. And if you listen to the whole call, he sounds extremely cool and calm, and knows the police are on the way. Does not seem like someone about to confront someone (that just doesn't make sense).

Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,027,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I don't think Zimmerman expected, nor was prepared for, a confrontation. I think he figured that since TM ran, he would check to see which way he ran to report it to the police when they arrived.
I nearly choked from laughing when I read that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
Take a deep breath....remember: there is no evidence Zimmerman "profiled" Trayvon, or anyone.

He called a non-emergency number to report a suspicious person like he had done a few times before (average 6x a year as a neighborhood watch guy). He had recently stopped a burglary in progress.

He did not on this call, nor had he on any previous calls we know of, even offered the suspect's race before being explicitly asked.

He tutored black kids. He lobbied for the rights of a homeless man who was beaten by police. He has black friends.

By all evidence, he does not profile and is not a racist.

Ask yourself: if we knew everything a month ago that we know now, would this ever have blown up in the media? (Hint: no). This would never have been a story about a white guy profiling a black kid (based on doctored 911 calls and the shrill screams of injustice by a few outraged minority activists). It would have been a minor local story, and then gon away.

The only reason you even have this whole racial narrative in your head is because of lies, upon lies, upon lies, that the media forced on us for weeks before the truth finally came out. Now that the truth is out, you and many other people desperately try to fit the square peg into a round whole and somehow cling to the idea that Zimmerman was a racist vigilante out for blood. The actual evidence is completely non-supportive of that.

And by the way - please people, listen to the 911 call or at least read the transcript. Zimmerman was already out of his car when the non-emergency dispatcher told him it wasn't necessary to follow - and Zimmerman said "ok" to that information, and we have no reason to believe he continued following. And if you listen to the whole call, he sounds extremely cool and calm, and knows the police are on the way. Does not seem like someone about to confront someone (that just doesn't make sense).
911 is a non-emergency number? In which reality?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I nearly choked from laughing when I read that.

911 is a non-emergency number? In which reality?
The reality in which he did not call 911

You're behind the curve a bit aren't you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investi...call_on_Feb_26

Old 04-09-2012, 04:30 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,202,028 times
Well...the Specially Appointed State Attorney will NOT give this case to the Grand Jury, so it's up to her and what she has uncovered in the investigation...Now...none of us know all the details of this case and the media has just spun this story out of control, lots of untruths, speculations, accusations, inaccuracies, etc. have been hashed and rehashed, but the bottom line is this... it's a real possibility that the State Attorney WILL NOT charge GZ, what then?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,027,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Well...the Specially Appointed State Attorney will NOT give this case to the Grand Jury, so it's up to her and what she has uncovered in the investigation...Now...none of us know all the details of this case and the media has just spun this story out of control, lots of untruths, speculations, accusations, inaccuracies, etc. have been hashed and rehashed, but the bottom line is this... it's a real possibility that the State Attorney WILL NOT charge GZ, what then?
No, it is not a real possiblity, blah, blah, blah. I posted earlier about this, and you can read it yourself on the Huffpo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
The reality in which he did not call 911

You're behind the curve a bit aren't you? Investigation of the death of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My error.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Yup, media gets an F- on this one.

I have heard (anyone confirm?) that murder 1 is out of the question without grand jury in Florida. So maybe she's angling for a manslaughter charge.

From what we have seen though, I seriously doubt charges are filed. I think she realizes they have no case and is hoping that by stalling the mobs will quiet.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:37 PM

381 posts, read 508,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
I agree fully. There is no excuse for murdering him at all, and I was not aware of Zimmerman's past record of violence.

If Trayvon was minding his own business, and it sounds like he was, then Zimmerman should be in jail. School suspensions are a very trivial thing to bring up to justify Zimmerman's actions.

I only asked these questions because I don't cover this story that much. I work full time, have a side career and hobbies as well. My time isn't spent watching television.
there are more that you haven't heard. if you can, please read the police report. zimmerman was reported to have injuries to the head while funereal director described trayvon with no injuries. there was a struggle and scream for help. there was a witness that stated trayvon was on top and other witnesses that only heard the screams and shot saying it sounded like a young man screaming. after the shot, zimmerman was seen being on top. initial police reported that zimmerman's back was wet and had grass stains.

all the ones that support trayvon are going for gun hating prejudices (anyone carrying a gun is out to be a vigilante) therefore, they believe that trayvon was a victim of a gun toting vigilante. they use past complaints against zimmerman but ignore that trayvon could have been a hot head and actually did violently attacked zimmerman. again, there is evidence that zimmerman suffered injuries and trayvon didn't. this is an important fact that connects the dot to what may have actually happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies