Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:01 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

I believe that Obama is setting up the Court for use in the campaign, if needed. I will not post any part of this article so if you want to discuss it, read it and lets get on with it.

Obama setting up Supreme Court as a campaign issue - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/05/3538528/obama-setting-up-supreme-court.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 12:07 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
It would be smart for him to include the Supreme Court in his sights. He could gain a lot of votes. The court has lost some of its prestige over the last few decades of slim and bipartisan rulings. Many people see it as an extension of DC politics, and, thus, another thing to rail against.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I believe that Obama is setting up the Court for use in the campaign, if needed.
Finally!!! You figured it out. Good for you.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
It would be smart for him to include the Supreme Court in his sights. He could gain a lot of votes. The court has lost some of its prestige over the last few decades of slim and bipartisan rulings. Many people see it as an extension of DC politics, and, thus, another thing to rail against.
I just read a Rasmussen article that says that 15% of people feel like you must from what you said. Also, 30% feel that they aren't nearly strong enough in what they do. Where would the other 55% of us be, in your opinion?

Old 04-06-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Finally!!! You figured it out. Good for you.

It would take some kind of real ignorance for anyone not to see what is going on with the latest attack. I am glad that at least one from the left can see what is going on along with me.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:35 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Roys, would you love the Supreme Court, or hate it, if I were to educate you on the fact that Supreme Court is a part of the institution that is "government"? And one that has demonstrated just as ugly partisan hackery as the rest of them?

Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Roys, would you love the Supreme Court, or hate it, if I were to educate you on the fact that Supreme Court is a part of the institution that is "government"? And one that has demonstrated just as ugly partisan hackery as the rest of them?
I know that the Supreme Court is the branch of government that the Founders set up in order to keep the other two branches from becoming too totalitarian. I may not agree with all of their decisions, i.e, Roe v. Wade, but have known enough about our "government" to appreciate what they have done, up to now.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
I believe that Obama is setting up the Court for use in the campaign, if needed. I will not post any part of this article so if you want to discuss it, read it and lets get on with it.

Obama setting up Supreme Court as a campaign issue - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/05/3538528/obama-setting-up-supreme-court.html - broken link)

Oh Really?

George W. Bush Agrees With Obama On Activist Judges - YouTube

And...Republicans would use 'the courts' as campaign talking points...or would they?

Gingrich: I Would Send Police To Arrest 'Activist Judges' - YouTube

Gingrich: Courts Are Far Too Powerful - YouTube

Best quotes start @ 2:00:

Senator Orrin Hatch on Activist Judges... Deja vu! (HQ) - YouTube

Quote:
Hatch, "What I don't want... is I don't want judges who place their own personal predilections or their personal political philosophy over the constitution or over the laws as... as... ah, that are enacted by elected representatives of the people." Andrea Mitchell Reports (aired: 05/01/09).
And the best:

Republicans Criticizing The Courts - YouTube

Way, way, way too easy.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:41 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
I know that the Supreme Court is the branch of government that the Founders set up in order to keep the other two branches from becoming too totalitarian. I may not agree with all of their decisions, i.e, Roe v. Wade, but have known enough about our "government" to appreciate what they have done, up to now.
Actually, you need to be educated. Supreme Court wasn't designed to control the two other branches. It was put in place to work with the other two branches, with prescribed powers. And the idea was certainly not to be "political" as is generally the case with those people in robe.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 PM

867 posts, read 498,481 times
Quote:
It would take some kind of real ignorance for anyone not to see what is going on with the latest attack. I am glad that at least one from the left can see what is going on along with me.
It's as obvious as can be that what is going on is Chicago-style gangster politics by intimidation and/or force of varying degrees.

He has already trampled several walls of separation between the branches of government and there is nothing to indicate he has any propriety in him.

On the positive side, many Americans are smelling the rat for the rat he is, and I think this election will make Reagan's defeat of peanut head look like a close race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies