Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Because stirring up racial tension is good for ratings. That has become obvious over the last month or so.
... some believe it's also good for votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
CNN correspondent apologizes for cursing, saying saying ‘n-word’ on air (VIDEO)

Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Funny how 'The Blaze' is a site run by Glen Beck, and the OP would attempt to push this as a "race" war. It's also funny how those who criticize other sites as a 'source' post/link/quote from a site such as this one and attempt to pass it off as a neutral or even un-biased site while bashing others. Pot meet kettle.

Should she have repeated what was said? No. She could have described the post w/out quoting from it.
As I said in another thread. "Its sad that humans can do this to eachother." We are all human yet we have a problem treating eachother as such. I am not trying to start a race war. But I do hate that word. And yes I think Media Matters is a waste of space. The poster that I was commenting on it loves to bash the Blaze for being "unreliable" yet she uses an unreliable source that is actually unreliable.

Last edited by personwhoisaperson; 04-09-2012 at 11:40 AM..

Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Somehow, Jack, I see those who refuse to see this about Obama and a race war as the idiots. Are you one of them?
So you seriously believe that President Obama is trying to stir up a race war?

Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
So you seriously believe that President Obama is trying to stir up a race war?
He's trying to stir up his base and get them excited since his record isn't quite doing that for him. He needs to remind all of his caged black Democrat voters that they're the victims of constant racism otherwise they might actually get off the Dem. plantation and enjoy their freedom.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Oh yeah Media Matters. Lol. An organization run by George Soros. That's reliable. I think id listen to msnbc first, oh wait they're run by Media Matters so they are just as unreliable.
They're every bit as reliable as the Blaze, probably moreso. They were the first links that popped up about that particulary story, other than youtube videos which I refuse to consider news sources no matter who does them. The last two links are not from MM.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,672 times
She was quoting the killer.
She wasn't just going to say "The shooter used a racial slur".
When she says the actual racial slur it gets more people riled up. That's what CNN wants.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Let's flame the Race issue, it makes better news.
How does one inflame the "rase issue" when the issue is about race to begin with? Which is more inflammatory two men of one race targeting members of another race, or a report reporting on the motive of the shooters?

Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
She was quoting an accused killer. I don't think it's a big deal. Sounds less stupid than saying F*** N-word.
Thank you! When they report that someone said "the n-word" what the hell do they think we are thinking what the "n-word" is supposed to stand for? Say the damn word and move on!

Old 04-09-2012, 11:36 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
He's trying to stir up his base and get them excited since his record isn't quite doing that for him. He needs to remind all of his caged black Democrat voters that they're the victims of constant racism otherwise they might actually get off the Dem. plantation and enjoy their freedom.
Sure they a;; are reving up the base to get ut and vote. From blacks ;to Christian ;to women the war talk is common. One reason not so much older amereicans is that they trunout i huge numbers consistenly.But I see even nore of them sayig they will vote this time than ever before seeig what the econmy is doing to their savings with this log recvery anf FED policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies