Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 06:47 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This is true.

The first thing I thought of was, what if one of those guys was just desperate, lost his job and had kids to feed. Now, I'm not saying that was the case, but at least it would cross my mind and I would use the gun to detain them and if I shot, I certainly would not shoot to kill.

This Horn guy was obviously a mental midget that got excited by the thought of killing. We have people saying that they would like him as a neighbor, I wouldn't want this nut anywhere near me or mine. I'll bet most that praise this reject, call themselves God fearing Christians or whatever religion.
Me either

Old 04-16-2012, 06:54 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Harris County
Harris County District Attorney's Office
News Release
[SIZE=2]Monday, June 30, 2008[/SIZE]

JOE HORN NO-BILLED
District Attorney Kenneth Magidson issued the following statement regarding the decision of a Harris County grand jury to no-bill Joe Horn:

In June, after the conclusion of a long and exhaustive investigation by the City of Pasadena Police Department into the deaths of Hernando Riascos Torres and Diego Ortiz on November 14, 2007, our office presented the results of that investigation and all relevant witnesses to a Harris County grand jury for them to determine whether any criminal offense had been committed by Joe Horn, in relation to their deaths. Today, having heard and considered all of the law and evidence, the grand jury no-billed Joe Horn.

Although, by state law, I cannot discuss the actual proceedings in the grand jury, I can tell you that the grand jury conducted a thorough review of the evidence and testimony. They considered the relevant criminal statutes in Texas, including those pertaining to homicide, use of deadly force, self-defense, and defense of property. In short, before making their decision, they were as well-informed on the facts and circumstances of this case as any deliberative body could be.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:04 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Harris County
Harris County District Attorney's Office
News Release
[SIZE=2]Monday, June 30, 2008[/SIZE]

[CENTER]JOE HORN NO-BILLED[/CENTER]
District Attorney Kenneth Magidson issued the following statement regarding the decision of a Harris County grand jury to no-bill Joe Horn:

In June, after the conclusion of a long and exhaustive investigation by the City of Pasadena Police Department into the deaths of Hernando Riascos Torres and Diego Ortiz on November 14, 2007, our office presented the results of that investigation and all relevant witnesses to a Harris County grand jury for them to determine whether any criminal offense had been committed by Joe Horn, in relation to their deaths. Today, having heard and considered all of the law and evidence, the grand jury no-billed Joe Horn.

Although, by state law, I cannot discuss the actual proceedings in the grand jury, I can tell you that the grand jury conducted a thorough review of the evidence and testimony. They considered the relevant criminal statutes in Texas, including those pertaining to homicide, use of deadly force, self-defense, and defense of property. In short, before making their decision, they were as well-informed on the facts and circumstances of this case as any deliberative body could be.
Hey I remember that, The New Black Panthers and all those goons tried to march down the street up to Joe Horn's house a couple days after he was cleared... didn't quite work out so well for them because folks around here don't put up with race pimps and bull**** lies.

Joe Horn Supporters Run Off Black Panthers (Uncut Version) - YouTube

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE IN PASADENA! - YouTube

Old 04-16-2012, 07:06 PM

Lived in Pasadena, Tx for 15 years. They don't put up with race hucksters there.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Do you mean those that enter quietly and leave the same way and are caught later; or the ones that sometimes come in when people are there and rape or kill the home owners?
So now burglars are automatically rapists? Your thought pattern would be funny if it were not so pathetic. Your accusing people of crimes that they did not commit. That's a liitle nuts. Small wonder you can relate to a nut like Horn.

When burglaries during the day are done, they are usually counting on and assuming people are not at home. Maybe they cased the joint and knew people were at work.

Would you kill a burglar you saw leaving your neighbor's house and you were not in danger?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Would you kill a burglar you saw leaving your neighbor's house and you were not in danger?
Only after confronting them and giving them the chance to surrender/wait for the police to arrive and they fail to comply with my orders.

I know how my neighbors feel about this and they know how I feel, we look out for each others homes, families and property just like we're family. I know without a doubt that it'll take the local police 10 minutes or more to get to my home after a 911 call, any burglar worth his weight in horse manure will be 5 miles down the road in 10 minutes and I'm not gonna let that happen.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 PM

288 posts, read 283,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Sometimes you have to be cold hearted to survive. George Zimmerman had to be cold hearted to save his own life, when someone is on top of you attacking you it's not really the time to have deep compassion while trying to counsel them on the negative affects that their actions might have on their lives. That's supposed to be the job of a parent, not the person being attacked.
There is no proof that Trayvon attacked him. If it comes out that what Zimmerman said was false, will you still think that Trayvon deserved to die?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 PM

A police officer witnessed the shooting. His testimony was heard. Horn was no-billed. What is it about the justice system some people don't like when their beloved criminals meet their well-deserved end?

Good guy 2, Bad guys 0

Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A police officer witnessed the shooting. His testimony was heard. Horn was no-billed. What is it about the justice system some people don't like when their beloved criminals meet their well-deserved end?
He still sounded like a nutcase on the 911 transcript....

Old 04-16-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
There is no proof that Trayvon attacked him. If it comes out that what Zimmerman said was false, will you still think that Trayvon deserved to die?
I don't think anyone deserved to die and if Zimmerman lied about what took place I think he should spend many years in prison. That being said, there is proof that Zimmerman was attacked (injuries and witnesses who saw his attacker on top of him beating him) and there is no proof that Trayvon was attacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies