Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 03:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Home - Joseph Nicolosi

People who do not want to be gay are finding they can change. Listen before you decide about it.

He is on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...2-5j5j6-1.11.0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 05:27 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
As a confident gay male, I've always viewed the so-called "ex-gays" as either (1) gay people so caught up with following narrow-minded religious dogma that they choose to live a lie or (2) bisexual people capable of meaningful relationships with either sex but who choose to only have relationships with the opposite sex. The former is rather sad but pretty much expected given the lack of acceptance of homosexuality in American society until very recently. The latter is intriguing to me because many bisexual people seem to never self-identify as such and it can be very confusing to others. I've noted that both straight and gay people alike seem to be perplexed by bisexuality.
And there lies the grey area in both the Straight and Gay communities views of people who don't 100% go either way. People in general like fixed points and grey throws many people off. I definately prefer being around people who are certain who they are, be that gay or straight. Now, a confident Bi person who is not Bi-Polar or confused is easy to understand to.

For instance I know 2 women who were fed up with men who both exclaimed that men aren't meant for them and abrubtly stating that they must be Lesbian. Neither ones of them were from a very stable background to begin with and both were victimized as children. Once they "switched" they ended up finding even more drama and turmoil with their new found girlfriends. Both eventually went back to men but still described themselves as Bi. Ive seen a little of this confusing behavior in men who were molested to, my cousin and a friend when I was younger.

The real question in my mind is: How many Straight or BiSexual people are there out there that currently live being in relationships to the same gender when they really aren't Homosexual. Is this confusion external (Abuse driven), Chemical or a combination of both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
We know Chastity Bono was assaulted by a Lesbian as a child and we see what happened to her down the road.
I have a relative by marriage who had the same experience (Molested or raped by a female baby sitter). She didn't go transgender, but determined that she was a Lesbian and started going Butch soon after when she was still a teenager. Considering she was a girly girl before the assaults Ive always wnadered if it wasn't a self-defense mechanism. I also used to see a woman who had the opposite affect to her childhood molestation by a woman. She is paranoid of being in a room alone with a woman.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-12-2012 at 05:40 PM..

Old 04-12-2012, 05:38 PM

Dr. Nicolosi says it is caused by a non-involved emotionally distant father plus an overly critical, overly-involved mother. I can see that. The boy wants the love of his father but never gets it then tries to find it in other men and that attraction becomes sexual instead of normal men to men relationships. A lot have been sexually abused by a boy or man. Gender confusion is the result.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
The crap if at all will hit the fan with all the adoptions of children by gays IMO, that is where the action will be, not this.

As these children are followed in their life we are going to see how many compared to the past follow traditional lives and how many want to change their bodies, have mental problems or try and kill themselves as half the transgendered people attempt to do.
We know Chastity Bono was assaulted by a Lesbian as a child and we see what happened to her down the road.

Cause and effect IMO in most cases and the interesting study and science will be in the honest reporting of what happens to the children adopted by gays.
That IMO is where the action is in the future.

If there is a gay gene, would they take a DNA shot to repair themselves?

In any case, gays are mostly nice people (as long and they stay away from tolerance training in schools IMO, too many activists doing the wrong thing there for me to TOLERATE that).
They deserve the right to work and live mostly in peace.
Like I said, most are nice folks.
BUT, we are going to follow the adopted children and that is going to perhaps give the greatest view regarding gays effect on children and society at large.
I hope there is no change and everything stays good. We'll see!
Is this post for real?? What? Do you think this is some sort of new thing; gay parents raising children. The studies have been out for many years, there is no correlation between having out of the closet gay parents and prevalence of homosexuality in their offspring. Why is it, phobes don't want to listen? There are millions of homosexual people in this country, and not one is likely to tell you that they "learned" to be gay. If it were a choice, no one would choose it.

There is no such thing as unlearning your sexual orientation. This ex-gay movement was all a plot motivated by those who are intolerant toward homosexual people.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Is this post for real?? What? Do you think this is some sort of new thing; gay parents raising children. The studies have been out for many years, there is no correlation between having out of the closet gay parents and prevalence of homosexuality in their offspring. Why is it, phobes don't want to listen? There are millions of homosexual people in this country, and not one is likely to tell you that they "learned" to be gay. If it were a choice, no one would choose it.

There is no such thing as unlearning your sexual orientation. This ex-gay movement was all a plot motivated by those who are intolerant toward homosexual people.
I agree, they do not chose it. No one wants to be different. The therapy can explain to them why they feel the way they do. That is what therapy does for most people with all kinds of different problems, not just gays.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I never really thought a person could "de-gay" themselves. I do believe that it's a condition a person is born with, not a choice. But I don't believe that it's right, or normal. I hope one day scientists can straighten out what causes a person to be gay.
Congratulations. You just took home the homophobe of the year award.

Why do you actually care if someone is gay?

Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
If all stays normal, yes.

If it ends up adopted children of gays want to themselves become gay more than childern in regular families did before, it would suggest they are in a dangerous enviornment and would also suggest a lot of being gay is caused by outside forces.
If these adopted kids by gays want to kill themselves more or have more emotional problems, that also is going to come to light.
Like I said, we'll see. What if they end up having kids thrive more? You never know...
Going to be an eye opener IMO.
Lets hope for the best.
Hahahahaha......so the children of straight parents never end up gay?

With your thinking then a "traumatic" experience as a child is justification for decisions made in life. Molesting a kid is fine as long as the perp was molested when young? Assault is okay as long as the perp was assaulted when young? So one alleged incident as a child made Chaz Bono choose to switch genders?

Old 04-12-2012, 06:02 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post

"and not one is likely to tell you that they "learned" to be gay."
Not one out of all those millions. They are all exactly the same. No outliers or anomolies?
How about Bisexuals who are living as Homosexuals. Same or different?

Old 04-12-2012, 06:09 PM

994 posts, read 724,734 times
Quote:
The crap if at all will hit the fan with all the adoptions of children by gays IMO, that is where the action will be, not this.

As these children are followed in their life we are going to see how many compared to the past follow traditional lives and how many want to change their bodies, have mental problems or try and kill themselves as half the transgendered people attempt to do.

Cause and effect IMO in most cases and the interesting study and science will be in the honest reporting of what happens to the children adopted by gays.

In any case, gays are mostly nice people (as long and they stay away from tolerance training in schools IMO, too many activists doing the wrong thing there for me to TOLERATE that).
BUT, we are going to follow the adopted children and that is going to perhaps give the greatest view regarding gays effect on children and society at large.
Good luck on getting that.

It has taken literally decades for even a hint of acceptance to be given to the fact that maybe a 70% illegitimacy rate isn't good for the black community without anybody saying that being tarred and feathered as a racist hatemonger.

And it's similar with women's rights. It has taken a precipitous decline in education, as much as 20% gender disparity in college entrollment in some universities, for it to become okay to say hey maybe all this feminism and emphasis on girls' education and self esteem is hurting boys without being labelled a sexist pig.

So we probably still have many years of biased research ahead of us when it comes to homosexuality before it will be socially acceptable for any research to produce which hint at anything negative about homosexuality. I read an article a couple of days ago about how the field of social psychology is 8:1 liberal to conservative.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:07 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:

So much here I could debate, but I'll stick with the most obvious fallacy in your comment... the fact that gay people have been raising children for decades, if not centuries already. Yes, they're more open about it now and have the scientific means to create children without sex, but they've been parenting for a LONG time. I can think of at least a few kids with gay parents from my childhood, some 25-35 years ago, and they turned out just fine. So you can speculate all you want, but the fact remains that they've been doing this for generations - and society hasn't collapsed yet as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies