Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM

867 posts, read 498,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't know....
Correct, you don't know.... (too bad it doesn't stop your pathetic posts from showing up.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog-BigBrain View Post
"Right to choose", "Religious Right", yada yada yada!
Thats all a smoke screen.
I was right. Barry Goldwater was a liberal only claiming to be a conservative and pointing at people like you. What an idiot he was, no?

Quote:
This is simply a science issue.
The question is ONLY this..."When does life begin?"
That is the ONLY issue that can take precedence. Answer that and the debate is over. For those that value human life, no other issue will trump the outcome of that answer.
You didn't really need to keep demonstrating the hypocrite in you. The mission was accomplished several posts ago. Individualism my foot... has been spewed out.

BTW, that guy Einstein you quoted... was there a reason for taking bits and pieces out of a paragraph, quoting which in its entirety would be a bit too inconvenient? Or did your source simply quoted what you delivered? I can help you with it in its entirety. Just ask.

And before I forget, what about life? Do you want me to start dictating your personal choices using such excuses? Would you dare define "what is life" before we get to "when does life begin"?

Quote:
So, until you can positively answer that question, as a human being, you are obligated to err on the side of caution! Period.
Considering where y'all come from, I would be a fool to expect any of that.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
Correct, you don't know.... (too bad it doesn't stop your pathetic posts from showing up.
I see your brain froze after three words. Here's another chance to read my post in its entirety:
"I don't know whether to be amused or feel bad for your cluelessness to the realities of life. Pathetic."

Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM

867 posts, read 498,281 times
Quote:
I see your brain froze after three words. Here's another chance to read my post in its entirety:
"I don't know ....
No, you sure don't.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
No, you sure don't.
I see the little buffer gets full early. So...

...whether to be amused or feel bad for your cluelessness to the realities of life. Pathetic."

Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
if obama was a republican, the right would
be lecturing everyone about how great he is,
but because he is a democrat, they want to
just compete against him.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:49 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I don't understand the logic of why conservatives want to cut education...
Because it is a failure.

Your K-12 education system needs to re-invent itself. It will not do that unless it is properly motivated and history shows that the only way to properly motivate the unions and administrators and teachers is to cut off the money.

History also shows that when the money is cut off, unions, administrators and teachers suddenly become über-creative.

It is true that "necessity is the mother of invention."

It is also true that the rest of the world spends less money on education than the US, but turns out a superior product.

Historically, spending more money on education has done absolutely nothing in the US, so why continue to spend more money? That's just stupid.

I was in Burkino Faso where the "teacher" spent one semester at university, got paid nothing -- she lived in peoples' uh, "homes" in the village and fed her and offered her clothing and trinkets and stuff. The "school" was a lean-to -- no electricity, no running water -- yet those kids were better educated than American kids.

I put guys from Senegal and Ghana as line leaders because they could fill out the production reports in English in sentences that were legible and complete and made sense and didn't have 500 spelling/grammar mistakes.

Pretty sad when people educated in a jungle with no electricity and no computers are better educated than Americans.

A girlfriend's 13-year old brother brought an essay he wrote about baseball in English (he is German). Damn good for a 13-year old -- no spelling or grammatical errors, nice paragraphs -- years later I would be teaching International Relations at university and wishing I had kids who could spell and write as good as he could. How sad is that?

I've lived in a number of countries and visited many others; whatever the US is doing in education is just plain wrong and not working. If cutting off the money is the only way to force positive changes in the system, then so be it.

Another way of putting it would if unions, administrators and teachers don't want their funding cut, then start cranking out a superior product and prove to us that they are worthy of more money.

Quote:
... and money for scholarships.
You mean student loans?

You want an education system like Europe? Okay, I'm all for that. First let's cut the money, so we can be like Europe; then we'll test for TRACK at 13. Score well on the test you go to high TRACK, score low, you go to low TRACK. Everyone is graduated at 16 years. Those in high TRACK take a test, and if the score well, they get to go to college preparatory school for 2 years. If they don't do well, they go get a job. Those in low TRACK also take a test and if they score high enough, they go to vocational school and if they don't, they go get a job.

Those that complete college preparatory school take a test when they are graduated at 18. If the score high enough, they get to go to university and if they don't score high enough, they go get a job.

Now that you know how the education system works in Europe, why don't you ask a really stupid question like, "How come university is free in Europe?"

Well, it is free only to those who qualify.

If the US adopted the same program, university in the US would also be, uh, "free" but then only those who qualified could attend university, uh, for "free."

Quote:
I don't understand why conservatives have fought Obama tooth and nail about infrastructure improvements like national high speed rail.
Because it is wrong.

The correct course of action is to embark upon a program designed to shift 85% of US freight from over-the-road trucking to rail.

Had Obama done that, 3 Million to 4 Million jobs would have been created and you would be well on your way to meeting the 85% goal in 8 years.

That would have significantly reduced prices on diesel fuel, which would have reduced prices on crop foods and also helped reduce prices on all goods sold commercially.

Spending $800 Billion on that would have done more good for America, Americans and you economy than pissing away $800 Billion to feel-good groups as a bribe for supporting Obama's election campaign.

Revamping your rail freight system would also lay the ground work for high speed rail later. An intelligent person would see that, so I guess Obama isn't that intelligent.

If you do doubt, then you might want to ask the Brits, Germans, Romanians, French, Italians, Spanish, Russians and everyone else who built rail freight lines first, and then built high speed rails systems.

Building high speed rail first is the wrong way to go about it.

Quote:
Is it because conservatives know better education would kill their support?
Better education than what?

When you prove to me that spending more money on an education system that is obviously broken will lead to a better product, then I might be inclined to listen to your drivel.

Logically...

Mircea

Old 04-12-2012, 12:52 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
I wonder how long would society last
with a right wing white house, congress
and supreme court.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM

29 posts, read 21,456 times
Quote:
I was right. Barry Goldwater was a liberal only claiming to be a conservative and pointing at people like you. What an idiot he was, no?

You didn't really need to keep demonstrating the hypocrite in you. The mission was accomplished several posts ago. Individualism my foot... has been spewed out.

BTW, that guy Einstein you quoted... was there a reason for taking bits and pieces out of a paragraph, quoting which in its entirety would be a bit too inconvenient? Or did your source simply quoted what you delivered? I can help you with it in its entirety. Just ask.

And before I forget, what about life? Do you want me to start dictating your personal choices using such excuses? Would you dare define "what is life" before we get to "when does life begin"?

Considering where y'all come from, I would be a fool to expect any of that.
E,
I am convinced that you rail against individualism because the individual you are is so repugnant. In the posts where I have observed your "contributions", you come off as bitter, jaded, and ugly. You exhibit lower-order thinking skills, a poor vocabulary, an inability to present cogent agruments, seething hostility for viewpoints not your own, and a reckless disregard for civil discourse that is, no doubt, attributed to the anonymity afforded you by a nameless, faceless internet forum site. It is highly likely that an impotent, social maladroit, such as yourself, wouldn't dare to engage in this manner if you had the courage to debate these topics in person. You're clearly a freak; an embarressment to the liberals the can actually debate issue without such contentious demeanor. It would be wise of you to confront your demons and seek help.
There is no value is further engagement with you, except to extend an offer to continue this in person. Let me know when you're cleared by a medical professional.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:57 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I wonder how long would society last
with a right wing white house, congress
and supreme court.
I can seperate "society" from a political ideoligy or government. Can you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies