Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

OP sorta misses the point, am happy to see Juan Williams write and Fox News publish an article negative of the Republicans....

It's called honest reporting stillkit.......

Can anyone picture MSNBC publish an article written by Rachel Maddow critical of the Democrats?

I applaud any news outlet that reports on both sides of the fence...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 09:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The liberals must be really stupid today... It was written by Juan Williams... you know the previous NPR liberal who was fired by liberals... at least Fox News present a liberal's perspective, can't say the same of other liberal agencies... bunch of idiots...
See Post 8.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:48 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
This really is a funny thread and I'm not the least bit surprised to see that most of our right-leaning friends are avoiding it like the plague. Or, that the ones who are here are twisting themselves into pretzels to "explain" it.
Well, as an ex-Republican who had to deal with the intractibility of the Relgious Right as early as 1969, and who has been a registered Libertarian since the mid-1980's I don't see anything unsettling about it at all.

Religious issues, just like immigration, are a point on which the traditionalists can't make a comment without revealing that they want it both ways -- they proclaim a desire for individuality, but have to pretend to protect the dogma of some of their most simplistic and strident supporters. And with regard to immigration, they want the dirrty, thankless jobs done at the lowest possible rate of pay - just not by them or their offspring.

For those of us whose conservative philosophy is mostly defined by economic issues, or grounded in a belief that economic and expressive liberties are rooted in the same principles, and that the usurpation of individual rights and responsibilities by Big Brother/Sister is a threat to both, there is no contradiction. It doesn't matter whether the logical grounding comes from Ayn Rand, John Locke, Milton Friedman, or George Will.

We have represented the fastest-growing segment of the conservative movement for decades, and we are on the verge of becoming the pre-eminent sector of the conservative coalition. The dwindling component of absolutists have nowhere else to go, and a decision to stay home is a vote for more of the people they fear the most on the institution they hate the most -- the Supreme Court.

Finally, it should be recognized that, as mentioned before, most serious libertarians -- captal 'L' or small 'l' -- are well aware of the difference between ideology and realpolitik. We know that, just as we have no choice but to drive on state-maintained hghways, the vast majority of the public wants a certain amount of "safety net". The argument is over how big, and how it would be policed. And the simple fact that the Liberal coalition has no choice but to rely upon coercion, in the form of tax rates which, to support an ever-increasing bureaucracy, have to grow like a "little" pregnancy -- or a "little" malignancy, makes their pipe-dream self-defeating.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-14-2012 at 10:24 PM..

Old 04-14-2012, 09:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This is a very funny thread and is yet another thread that points out the extremely low IQ of libs.

The article was written by Juan Williams, who is no more than one of Fox's token libs.

As they always say, "We Report, You Decide". They always, always give the 'other' point of view.

I would think after all this time, people would know that. Guess not.
Token Lib?

Funny how he wasn't such a lib in the eyes of Conservatives when he got fired from PBS.

He was a hero to the right wing back then, but now....

See how them right wingers do ya when they no longer have any use for you?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 PM

831 posts, read 680,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And you seem to have forgotten that Obama was a member of Congress during the Bush administration.

Uh-oh!

Ofcourse he was, duhhhh!!

But look at the long dynasty of the bush's and how they seem to repeat the same crap over and over, im afraid your memory or lack of here is very evident.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:49 PM

161 posts, read 211,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The liberals must be really stupid today... It was written by Juan Williams... you know the previous NPR liberal who was fired by liberals... at least Fox News present a liberal's perspective, can't say the same of other liberal agencies... bunch of idiots...
You clearly have a problem.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:58 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Ah yes, the 2nd coming of christ Reagan as the right wing goons look at him. The father of fascism in the US. Insane spending, epically failed "trickle down" economics. Failed war on drugs, raising taxes like a madman, granting stone cold blanket amnesty to illegals,..and I'm just getting started.
Do you realize how many inaccuracies you made in only one paragraph? Must be some kind of record!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Funny thing is, as much as I thought Bush was terrible, he would be far more competent than all the GOP candidates this year except Romney. Just when I think they have hit bottom, they go lower.

I will say that cooler heads prevailed and Romney was selected, but many would love to have seen Perry or Santorum or Bachman as POTUS, which is just plain scary. W was not the problem. The whole far right ideology is just untenable.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:16 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Mr. Tempest just resorted to the same tactic again, three times over this time around!

One of the commonly-accepted definitions of insanity, I'm told, is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result.

Still want to stand by the argument that you're "just getting started"?
Stating the truth I know is impossible for the radical right to comprehend, especially when it comes to their dream boy Reagan. Though please, I'd love for you to tell me how any of the facts I stated are incorrect.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
For once, somebody at FOX News got it right!

Still, though, you can't ignore the humor of a network which used to call the Bush White House for it's daily talking points blaming ol' G.W. for the GOP's loss of identity.

That's really rich, considering that FOX was his chief drum-beater for 8 years.

...But the policies of eight years of the Bush administration -- an expanded federal government, record-breaking deficits, costly wars, and financial crisis -- reversed those gains and left the party’s image once again in shambles. Bush left office with a 22 percent approval rating according to the last CBS/New York Times poll of his presidency.*

In the 2012 primaries none of the candidates for the GOP nomination called themselves “Bush Republicans.” Lots of them attached Ronald Reagan to their candidacy. But not one of them claimed to stand for the Bush administration’s policies...

The GOP
More rrethoric from the left. Still blaming Bush for everything after nearly four years of Obama and six years of democratic controlled congress. In fact what I have seen lately is Obama of all people trying to claim on Reagan's presidential leadship success. What I hear from Democrats is pinning for Clinton really. Obama has never stopped seeing Clinton in his rearview mirror as a democratic president But that is not all his fault as Clinton still seems to thnik he is president unlike Reagan or theBushs before him.At some popint Obama has to claim leadership and the responsibilty that goes with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies