Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 03:50 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,545 times

Advertisements

I was reading about Jayce Lee Dugard today, and came across the following description:

---------------------------------------------------
"Starlite, 15, and Angel, 11, were "starved of information" by their father, according to police. They have no concept of maths, geography and history. Both girls are now being "de-brainwashed" by psychologists and have been moved to a safe house in San Francisco with Jaycee Lee Dugard's mother Terry Probyn and their aunt Tina Dugard. A detective at the Contra Costa Sheriff's Department told The Sun: "They are both intelligent kids but they are very naïve about the real world.
"They have never watched TV and have no concept of maths, geography and history or anything outside their town of Antioch. They have never heard of the President of the USA or anything about the wider world."

I don't really belong to any particular political bent except the "Solutions Party" (!). But I've been reading so many narrow minded comments on here this week and all the deranged obsession in finding faults with Obama that here's my question: Are Jayce Lee and the Dugard kids republicans?..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 04:23 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,231 times
With a post like that you're telling us that you don't have a political preference......then you ironically use the word deranged in describing the comments that others have made on here. Think about the topic you chose and the comparison you're making....couldn't find a way of expressing how you feel about republicans without using those poor kids to do it.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:26 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
With a post like that you're telling us that you don't have a political preference......then you ironically use the word deranged in describing the comments that others have made on here. Think about the topic you chose and the comparison you're making....couldn't find a way of expressing how you feel about republicans without using those poor kids to do it.

Its Ok to mention Stockholm syndrome but this just must be wrong... Puuuhlease!
The most outrageous statements seem to originate mostly from republicans, so clearly there's some huge number of 'inlanders' in that particular group. Gives them a bad rep, if you ask me.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:42 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
Its Ok to mention Stockholm syndrome but this just must be wrong... Puuuhlease!
The most outrageous statements seem to originate mostly from republicans, so clearly there's some huge number of 'inlanders' in that particular group. Gives them a bad rep, if you ask me.
Stockholm syndrome is an acknowledged response sometimes seen in abducted hostages. The hostage(s) start to become sympathetic with their captures and their reasoning. It was named after the bank robbery that happened in Stockholm where four adults were held hostage for several days.

This comparison is not about Jaycee developing Stockholm Syndrome, it's about her two children and the way they were isolated from the outside world, leaving them uneducated and unaware of anything in the outside world.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
This comparison is not about Jaycee developing Stockholm Syndrome, it's about her two children and the way they were isolated from the outside world, leaving them uneducated and unaware of anything in the outside world.
Kind of like 99% of the American public, in other words.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:03 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,048,028 times
It sounds like they could get jobs hosting on MSNBC, poor dears.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,695 times
Making a connection to this woman and her children is just disgusting. She didn't ask for this to happen to her.
This is probably the thread I am most appalled by.
OP, shame on you.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
What's amusing is Obots and *******s start threads like this and think they're intelligent in doing so. It must suck to be them.

And they wonder why we laugh at them!

Old 04-29-2012, 12:05 PM

30,059 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
I was reading about Jayce Lee Dugard today, and came across the following description:

"Starlite, 15, and Angel, 11, were "starved of information" by their father, according to police. They have no concept of maths, geography and history. Both girls are now being "de-brainwashed" by psychologists and have been moved to a safe house in San Francisco with Jaycee Lee Dugard's mother Terry Probyn and their aunt Tina Dugard. A detective at the Contra Costa Sheriff's Department told The Sun: "They are both intelligent kids but they are very naïve about the real world.
"They have never watched TV and have no concept of maths, geography and history or anything outside their town of Antioch. They have never heard of the President of the USA or anything about the wider world."

I don't really belong to any particular political bent except the "Solutions Party" (!). But I've been reading so many narrow minded comments on here this week and all the deranged obsession in finding faults with Obama that here's my question: Are Jayce Lee and the Dugard kids republicans?..

No-

Those who oppose Obama are suffering from common sense.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:08 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Making a connection to this woman and her children is just disgusting. She didn't ask for this to happen to her.
This is probably the thread I am most appalled by.
OP, shame on you.
My thoughts exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies