Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 03:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's murder.
Then for you, please don't indulge in sex unless you want a baby in your life.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 04-19-2012 at 03:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
No it's the easy way out.
Forget about abortion for a sec, your comment is not the negative you think it is. I will always look for the easy way rather than the hard way to do things in life. I'm not an idiot.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountinwilyum View Post
i didn't know we were discussing the womens body. its the baby's body that gets flushed out like a vaginal wart, not the womans.
when liberals want babies they are called babies. when they don't want them they are called fetuses.
you really think you can discuss a pregnancy and it is only about the baby? gee just where do theses babies grow if not inside the woman's body

Old 04-19-2012, 03:42 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you really think you can discuss a pregnancy and it is only about the baby? gee just where do theses babies grow if not inside the woman's body
Brings back the whole "Some pro-lifers see women only as incubators" viewpoint.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:49 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But conservatives are quite passionately against front side responsibility when it means the government has to pay for it. If you want birth control pills or condoms then, by golly, you cough up ALL the money to pay for it.
There are places that the poor can get free birth control. Overall, though why shouldn't most men and women pay for their own birth control products?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Brings back the whole "Some pro-lifers see women only as incubators" viewpoint.
Or most all pro-choicers see human life as consquential inconveniences in the woman's body.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:29 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Or most all pro-choicers see human life as consquential inconveniences in the woman's body.
Which is stupid, since pro-choicers see pregnancy as the woman's choice as to whether or not she keeps it.

We support the woman either way.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:04 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
You mean help such as maternity leave, food stamps and housing assistance for those who need it, expanded health care coverage, all those things that liberals propose and conservatives are loudly against?
Don't forget WIC. They really hate WIC!

Old 04-19-2012, 06:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
There are places that the poor can get free birth control. Overall, though why shouldn't most men and women pay for their own birth control products?
Because people are stupid and selfish. I can't seriously be the only person who sees this?

I paid for my own bc for years without a peep, but I have MANY friends who refuse to pay, nor will they get the medical check up necessary to even be prescribed bc pills. They would rather use the 'pull and pray' method because they're embarrassed or scared of seeing a doctor. My brothers ex girlfriend had never had a pap smear because she was scared of the PP protesters and didn't have insurance, I had to take her in there myself and it was absolutely terrifying for her. I've never had a problem with it, but I also understand that just because I don't have an issue dealing with idiot protesters or having a complete stranger stick a large metal device in my hoo-ha doesn't mean others aren't. So many women are honestly afraid of their vaginas because society tells us they're dirty, and bad and disgusting. We're supposed to keep them under wraps and NEVER EVER talk about them. The mere mention of menstruation sends many people into a tizzy! I know women who can't even say the word vagina...how sad is that?

I think that's a far bigger issue though... the complete inability for people to step into anothers shoes and try to look at things from their point of view. It must be soooo easy for a married woman with a nice house and money to look at a young, pregnant single mother and say 'I did it, why can't you?!?!?!'

This nation has a complete lack of empathy.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Please provide a link to proof that conservatives want to tell women what to eat, wear, want and can live. Also proof that they want women barefoot and pregnant. I've a hot flash for you. I'm a conservative woman and never heard such nonsense from conservatives only from the liberal left.

I am pro-life (object to abortion) but it is because I value the life of the unborn not because I have been brainwashed by anyone or want to control anyone. Those are my own beliefs.
You can open any food stamp thread on this forum. You will see conservatives yammering on about how FS should only be for "healthy" food (defined by the specific con), etc. Wear? Plenty of threads about women dressing like "tramps" if they wear a spaghetti strap top. Want? They're all supposed to want to live like middle class whites. You can find plenty of threads about that too. Live? Most cons are diametrically opposed to Section 8 housing assistance. They'd prefer people live in hovels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies