Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Here's the prosecuter's phone #:
(904) 630-2400

You should call her with your eye wtiness testimony. Even their lead investigor said under oath he had no evidence to prove Zimmerman wasn't walking back to his car. So they could really use your evidence.

And maybe Nancy could throw in her NW quotes from around the world, and Evenstar could add her super secret tox screen results that haven't been released. Thank goodness for the c-d attorneys for keeping the world safe.
oh man, i wish i hadn't had a mouthful of coffee when i read that

Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The consequences for acting stupidly shouldn't include facing arrest, trial, and life in prison.

It never mattered to me whether he was 'on patrol' or going to Target. He violated no law. He wasn't stalking, didn't disobey an officer's legal order. Whether he unlawfully killed tm is yet to be determined.

Taking the alcohol cop's report as truth, gz shrugged away, pushed the cop's arms, and was handcuffed after an undescribed 'brief struggle.' Something you or I would do, even at age 21, drinking ? Probably not. But violence, assault, as the charges portray. Hardly. As judge Lester said, 'run-of-the-mill type run-in with the alcohol and beverage agents at the library, I believe it was. They're fairly common.' My guess is the prosecutor who handled the case and ok'd the plea deal knew the scenario very well.
Nor should the consequences for acting stupidly or in fear include death.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Nor should the consequences for acting stupidly or in fear include death.
They should when your life is threatened from an assault.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
If I point a gun at you, after following and chasing you, would you consider yourself assaulted?

How about if you ended up shot and dead by my gun? Assaulted yet?

Get real. Only ONE person was ever in grave danger here, and he is dead. I personally can't wait until Zimmerman is back in prison where he belongs.
The only relevant thing here is you seem to take yourself seriously. Given the above statements you taking yourself serious casts doubt on your ability to reason or come to logical conclusions.

Maybe you can post some info suggesting that Trayvon even knew his pursuer had a gun, or why he just chatted up his chick instead of calling the police if he was scared. Or why if he had a gun pointed at him he was aboe to beat Zimmermans head against the ground before getting shot. Things like that might make me take you seriously. But I doubt it.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Lucky for me, the guy got away, both times . I guess growing up in the inner city and a rough neighborhood makes you react differently when someone tries to take your stuff ...
Had to comment that I grew up in the inner city in a rough neighborhood and I would never run after anyone who stole my car or anything else. My life is more important than "stuff." Many thieves in rough inner city neighborhoods have guns and will not hesitate to shoot you over "stuff." I had a lot of "rough" friends in high school, one of which had a mom who was a big time drug dealer. Someone stole his shoes off his feet and his leather jacket in the middle of the winter. Even though he was "rough" and his mom was one of the roughest ladies I ever met, he gave them his shoes and coat and ran home, not after the guy with the gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, I know we want to sit around arguing about neighborhood watch rules and hollow-point bullets. But neither are applicable to this case. And despite people constantly bringing up the 911 operator telling Zimmerman that they don't need him to follow Trayvon. It really doesn't matter.

Why do you say?

Lets pretend Zimmerman wasn't part of the neighborhood watch at all. What if Zimmerman never called 911? And then Zimmerman decided to keep an eye on a suspicious individual in his neighborhood, and then the man attacked him, so he shot him. Would he then be guilty of a crime? What crime?

As someone mentioned before, it is not illegal to follow someone who you believe is behaving suspiciously in your neighborhood. In fact, they don't even have to be behaving suspiciously. People follow around celebrities all the time. It is not illegal for Zimmerman to carry a gun, since he has a concealed carry permit, and it is not illegal to defend yourself if you believe your life is being threatened.

So all this constant rambling about neighborhood watch rules, and whether or not Zimmerman had police authority or not, really doesn't matter. So please, stop talking about it, good lord.

You guys are filling pages and pages and pages full of bullcrap.

I actually agree with you in regards to the bolded paragraph but for me, I don't believe Zimmerman when he says his life was in danger. I just don't. He has more than one version of the events and he has shown that he is a liar. It is unfathomable IMO that so many of you just believe what he said. Even the investigator at his bond hearing said that he gave multiple accounts about what happened. At the bond event he even apologized to Trayvon's family and told them that he didn't think Trayvon was that young, that he thought Trayvon was a little younger than himself. On the call her made to dispatch he plainly said that Trayvon was a teenager. He is a liar. I don't believe liars. That is not saying that I believe he hunted Trayvon and killed him in cold blood, but I just don't buy his self defense story. If it was as clean cut as many of you think, his story and his family's stories wouldn't have so many contradictions.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Had to comment that I grew up in the inner city in a rough neighborhood and I would never run after anyone who stole my car or anything else. My life is more important than "stuff." Many thieves in rough inner city neighborhoods have guns and will not hesitate to shoot you over "stuff." I had a lot of "rough" friends in high school, one of which had a mom who was a big time drug dealer. Someone stole his shoes off his feet and his leather jacket in the middle of the winter. Even though he was "rough" and his mom was one of the roughest ladies I ever met, he gave them his shoes and coat and ran home, not after the guy with the gun.
Didn't run after anyone who "stole" my car, did interrupt a couple of attempts to break into my cars, startled them and they ran off, I gave chase while on the phone w/ 911...Growing up in a rough neighborhood you learned how to pick and choose your battles and obviously I survived...

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I actually agree with you in regards to the bolded paragraph but for me, I don't believe Zimmerman when he says his life was in danger. I just don't. He has more than one version of the events and he has shown that he is a liar. It is unfathomable IMO that so many of you just believe what he said. Even the investigator at his bond hearing said that he gave multiple accounts about what happened. At the bond event he even apologized to Trayvon's family and told them that he didn't think Trayvon was that young, that he thought Trayvon was a little younger than himself. On the call her made to dispatch he plainly said that Trayvon was a teenager. He is a liar. I don't believe liars. That is not saying that I believe he hunted Trayvon and killed him in cold blood, but I just don't buy his self defense story. If it was as clean cut as many of you think, his story and his family's stories wouldn't have so many contradictions.
I am reserving my judgement until after an immunity hearing (if there is one) or a jury trial...it is too soon IMO to make a judgement based on what has been released, exaggerated information, erroneous reports and snippets from a bond hearing...

Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
How could I possibly be posting this much and also watching TV? I've never watched a show about Neighborhood Watch people. I assume it would be very boring and get poor ratings.
I was re-watching a couple of CSI episodes from season ten the other night (yes, I have the first eleven seasons on DVD ) and one of the episodes actually was about a neighborhood watch guy who also took things into his own hands for the "sake" of the neighborhood.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What do you mean, 'there is no proof'?

zimmerman knew at the time of the bail hearing that he had $200,000 in an account. He allowed his lawyer to tell the judge he was indigent.

That's called LYING.
For his attorney to say zimmerman had no money, well, zimmerman must have told him he had no money.
And he also lied at the hearing when he said he thought Trayvon was a little younger than himself but he clearly said on the 9-1-1 tape that he thought (rightfully) that Trayvon was a teenager.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And he also lied at the hearing when he said he thought Trayvon was a little younger than himself but he clearly said on the 9-1-1 tape that he thought (rightfully) that Trayvon was a teenager.
Yes, yet people choose to believe him, as well as overlook the fact that he has every reason to lie to keep from going to prison. The father also lied when he said that Zimmerman had a squeaky clean record: It's technically true, but omits the fact that his son had assaulted an officer, charges of domestic violence and had to take an anger management class. Smudgy, but not squeaky clean.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes, yet people choose to believe him, as well as overlook the fact that he has every reason to lie to keep from going to prison. The father also lied when he said that Zimmerman had a squeaky clean record: It's technically true, but omits the fact that his son had assaulted an officer, charges of domestic violence and had to take an anger management class. Smudgy, but not squeaky clean.
And the ones who dismiss his lies as meaningless and unimportant are the same ones who assume the worst about Trayvon with no proof at all that he was doing anything but walking home from the store.

Go figure.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies