Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 07:54 PM

370 posts, read 440,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If Zimmerman was so badly injured, why did he refuse medical treatment on the scene? And why did he refuse the advice of the "family doctor" the next day (which smells a bit shady as well)

If someone is badly injured they get medical treatment immediately, not the following day when the medical evidence could have been "compromised" by his shady father and brother.

Again with the lousy detective work. My sister and I were in a car accident when we were teenagers. She hit a parked car going 30 miles a hour (it was winter and we were late for school). We both hit the windshield with our heads and shattered the windshield (this was before air bags).

The police showed up and saw the windshield and asked if we needed to go to the hospital. We said no and the police officer drove us to school.

Later that day I noticed a big gash on my head that had been bleeding all day and most likely had a concussion (my sister probably did too)

Old 05-16-2012, 07:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Either way it would mean Zimmerman didn't lay a hand on him. I saw the report that said he was shot in "intermediate" range. It wasn't quantified.
Bottom line, "intermediate" or "moderate" are NOT "close range".........and you will not see it quantified until you see the Medical Examiner's report. You do know what medical examiners in Florida do, don't you? You do understand that they are forensic pathologists, don't you?

Zimmerman "laid" more than a hand on Trayvon. I would remind you that you were not present at the scene and there is no way in the world you can know factually that Zimmerman was headed back to the car nor who struck the first blow. Also, seems relevant to note that your posts on cd and in this thread seem to imply the most negative bias toward black people than I thought anyone would have the brashness to write. Therefore, obviously, there is an enormously negative bias against Trayvon....he was a black person.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:58 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
e back of their head and they are bleeding with a broken nose etc...that person is not going to just go home and get a good night's sleep. That person would go to the ER to obtain medical treatment for these "serious" injuries.
I have no dog in the hunt one side or another on this case. However, your quote about going to the ER-I was in a motorcycle crash one night and broke one wrist and sprained the other. I thought I had just wrenched them, so I went home. I got a good night's sleep, too. Went to the hospital the next day when I couldn't make a fist.

Not everyone reacts to injury the way you wish they would.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:59 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Which is why I'm for tight gun control.
Oh really, so you would rather see criminals carrying guns?

Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
Again with the lousy detective work. My sister and I were in a car accident when we were teenagers. She hit a parked car going 30 miles a hour (it was winter and we were late for school). We both hit the windshield with our heads and shattered the windshield (this was before air bags).

The police showed up and saw the windshield and asked if we needed to go to the hospital. We said no and the police officer drove us to school.

Later that day I noticed a big gash on my head that had been bleeding all day and most likely had a concussion (my sister probably did too)
OK, but in the case of GZ. He wants us to believe that he was in fear for his life. If TM had beaten him to the point where he was in fear of his life then he would have more serious injuries than the superficial ones that the "family doctor" noted the following afternoon. If GZ was able to go home and get a good night's sleep, then he was not injured severely enough by TM to justify murder. GZ did not require medical attention for stitches, x-rays, CAT scan, etc. The "family doctor's" medical report was for show on the advice from his father (the retired judge) and his money hungry brother. If the injuries were severe, then he would have gone to the ER that night.

Last edited by calipoppy; 05-16-2012 at 08:12 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
With George Zimmerman's father being a retired judge, everything about that medical report is suspect. If he had that many injuries on the night of the incident than he would have been in too much pain to wait until the next day to seek medical attention (from a family doctor). He also did not follow the advice of the family doctor. The Zimmerman family certainly wasted no time in setting up websites to panhandle for donations. The Zimmerman family is quite odd and there is no question that they have used the father's connections as a judge to help GZ to skirt the law.
Wow, you are really reaching, aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Oh really, so you would rather see criminals carrying guns?
An average citizen is just one bad decision from becoming a criminal themselves....just ask George Zimmerman.

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You know that's a good point.....Zimmerman KNEW that the police were on the way, so even if he felt he was getting beaten, (obviously he did not even need stitches for the scratches on his head) why did he feel that his life was in such immediate danger that he couldn't struggle and wait for the cops? The gunshot being described as being from a "moderate" range certainly raises the question of how far away was Trayvon from Zimmerman. If the gunshot wound had indicated "close range" that's what would have been reported. I'm thinking "close" would have been maybe just a few inches, 2 to 4 inches.

From what I heard on the news, there were bruises, scrapes on his head which did not require stitches, and a "likely" broken nose. What kind of doctor writes a medical report stating "like" broken nose? My question is, did that doctor recommend that George go for x-rays on that broken nose just to ensure that there weren't more serious injuries as a result of that "likely" broken nose?
You make an excellent point also! Zimmerman knew the police were moments away. Also, anyone with a "likely broken nose" would go see an ENT doctor as recommended by Zimmerman's doctor. However, Zimmerman did no follow up with an Ears, Nose, Throat doctor probably because he knew his "injuries" were insignificant.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
So, lets make a big deal out of Z taking prescribed medication. I have been taking antidepressants for better than 15 yrs, should I be prohibited?

Zimmerman wasn't taking antidepressants.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I have no dog in the hunt one side or another on this case. However, your quote about going to the ER-I was in a motorcycle crash one night and broke one wrist and sprained the other. I thought I had just wrenched them, so I went home. I got a good night's sleep, too. Went to the hospital the next day when I couldn't make a fist.

Not everyone reacts to injury the way you wish they would.
But after the injury was discovered they were treated, correct?

GZ did not require treatment. How was involved in a life and death struggle to the point where he felt his life was in danger yet did not receive any severe injuries that required treatment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies