Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Advertisements

Is the brother the one who contacted Sean Hannity?

Old 04-22-2012, 08:00 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I know a lot of people think that he only apologized for the cameras, but initially he requested to meet with Trayvon's family privately before the hearing, and they said no.

It's been reported that hsi attorney didn't want him to get on the stand, but he insisted so he could apologize.

I was surprised that the Martin family attorney said they felt Zimmerman only apologized for the cameras when the attorney knew Zimmerman had requested to apologize in private first.

I don't blame them for turning him down. He killed their child, whether it was against the law or not.

Here's a link confirming the request for the private meeting for those that don't accept anything without a link:
George Zimmerman apologises to Trayvon Martin's parents - Telegraph
I was surprised as well...I absolutely don't blame the parents for not wanting to meet with GZ, but he did attempt to apologize in private and they refused...I can't help feeling that GZ's apology angered their lawyer and the family because the apology may "humanize" GZ to the viewing public...they rather the public believe that he never reached out to them...

The parents have every right to their grief and anger....

Old 04-22-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Is the brother the one who contacted Sean Hannity?
Do you know why he contacted Hannity or what was said? So far Hannity has not come forward unless I missed it...does anyone have this info?

Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Do you know why he contacted Hannity or what was said? So far Hannity has not come forward unless I missed it...does anyone have this info?
Quote:
Hannity spoke about the issue on his show. "I want to set the record straight," he said. "For a few weeks we have been pursuing an interview with Mr. Zimmerman to give him a chance to tell his side of the story. Now yesterday I was contacted by an individual that we in fact believe was George Zimmerman. He reached out to me, we spoke on the phone about his case, and I agreed not to report on the contents of that conversation. That's it."
Sean Hannity Addresses George Zimmerman Conversation (VIDEO)

So I don't buy the "my attorneys told me not to" b.s. about why he didn't apologize sooner to Trayvon's parents.

I also don't believe that he took the stand against his attorney's wishes. It is to their advantage to make that claim but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it was the attorney's idea and that Zimmerman was following a script, and in fact, had even rehearsed it.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You're right, IF.....

Of course, if photos of Trayvon are shown to the jury, they would have to be more recent. There also may be crime scene photos as well as autopsy photos. Certainly the defense will address the size difference between Trayvon and Zimmerman during the State's case. Remember, the defense does not have to put on any case at all, the presumption of innocence, so Zimmerman may not testify. If Zimmerman takes the stand in his trial, the State will cross examine him, and at that point try to impeach him with his prior testimony; it won't be that Zimmerman takes the stand to explain what he meant in the bail hearing.

Or Zimmerman could take the stand during the immunity hearing, at which time the State could use whatever they have to try to impeach him.
You're right, I misspoke, I don't believe GZ would take the stand just to explain what he meant at the hearing...

Old 04-22-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Sean Hannity Addresses George Zimmerman Conversation (VIDEO)

So I don't buy the "my attorneys told me not to" b.s. about why he didn't apologize sooner to Trayvon's parents.

I also don't believe that he took the stand against his attorney's wishes. It is to their advantage to make that claim but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it was the attorney's idea and that Zimmerman was following a script, and in fact, had even rehearsed it.
Thanks for the update about Hannity...

At this time I happen to believe that GZ's former attorneys did advise him not to speak with the family. According to his attorney (Mark O'Mara) GZ statements on the stand was a response to the 2 questions TM's mother asked...O'Mara would have preferred the apology handled in private, but was turned down by TM's family...

Zimmerman Lawyer Post-Bond Hearing Press Conference (Raw Video) - YouTube

Old 04-22-2012, 08:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I was surprised that the Martin family attorney said they felt Zimmerman only apologized for the cameras when the attorney knew Zimmerman had requested to apologize in private first.

I don't blame them for turning him down. He killed their child, whether it was against the law or not.
Good point. I think that the Martin family attorney was only saying the timing was wrong. Zimmerman wanted to apologize, but only a couple of days before his bond hearing. The reason they turned him down was that he never contacted them since the night of the shooting, even before the case became headline news. I only know what I saw & read on his web site, and there was no remorse expressed. None. There's a way of saying "I'm really sorry" without admitting guilt. As soon as Mark O'Mara was hired, the first thing I heard him say was "I want to send my condolences to the Martin family." So it's very possible Zimmerman got bad advice from the jerks who earlier represented him. I don't think this man is evil, but he got himself into a very bad situation and he needs to be held accountable for taking a life.

Just one more thing (I sound like Columbo. lol) Zimmerman had a conversation with Sean Hannity. This might mean that Hannity has to testify at trial. Still, if he convinced Hannity of his innocence, why would Hannity say on his show last week that Zimmerman either would plead guilty to manslaughter, or manslaughter would be included in the trial. I'm not trying to make light of this case, but Sean Hannity is the last person I'd call if I were in trouble. No, let me change that statement. Glenn Beck, Andy Martin and that cuckoo pastor, Terry Jones, are a lot worse.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/sean-hannity-george-zimmerman-conversation_n_1417211.html]Sean Hannity Addresses George Zimmerman Conversation (VIDEO)[/url]

Sorry, I missed this post about Hannity. So much to read, so little time!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnancy View Post
so much to read, so little time! :d
lol

Old 04-22-2012, 08:56 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Zimmerman: 5'8", 185 from police report when he was arrested.
http://cfnews13.com/content/dam/news...eport-0412.pdf

Trayvon, 6'0", 160# from police report when shot.
Change of Subject: Trayvon Martin shooting death -- initial police reports

I see you've learned how to game the TOS!

Not accusing, saying he may well have minimized the DV. Many men, including educated men, do so. There have been several examples posted about that since I posted my post.

Did the judge say that (in bold)? Please provide a link if so.
Unfortunately TM in a hoodie and baggie pants may have looked more threatening and stockier than he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies