Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Apparently, a young male/female (probably male) staffer was sexually harassed by a TOP DEM official in NC.

Sexual Harassment | North Carolina | Democratic Party | The Daily Caller

Quote:
“If this hits the media, the Democratic Party, our candidates, and our credibility are doomed in this election,” reads one email exchange between state Democratic leaders.
Ummm...it has...the more you try to cover it up, the worse it will be.

Quote:
An email chain between those Democratic leaders, obtained by The Daily Caller, indicates the executive director of the North Carolina Democratic Party, Jay Parmley, and the alleged sexual harassment victim both signed non-disclosure agreements.
Remember, NC is where the dems are holding their convention....excellent. This roiling scandal will be delicious to watch in the run up to the convention.

Even some of the top dem consultants and officials recommend they come clean instead of trying to HIDE what happened.

NC Democratic Party embroiled in sex harassment scandal :: WRAL.com

Quote:
Raleigh, N.C. — Leaders of the North Carolina Democratic Party declined to answer questions Friday about reports that a junior staffer quit working for the party last fall after being sexually harassed by a senior party official.
If they "settled" with him and NOTHING appears on their financial reports...uh oh.

Quote:
Sallie Leslie, a former administrator, quit the state party six weeks ago.

"I, quite frankly, could not be a part of any organization that protected a predator," Leslie said.
Does this mean the staffer was underage?

Oh...double uh oh.

Probably best to come clean, because the GOP certainly will NOT let it go.

Watch the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 09:31 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
But....all the sexual deviants are the GOP!!!! OOPS

Old 04-14-2012, 09:34 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
But I thought all women who file sexual harrassment claims are lying dirt bags out to take advantage of men...or at least the was the line when Herman Cains little problems came out....

Old 04-14-2012, 09:37 AM

For the record--I think sexual harrassment is a very big deal. I just have a really hard time taking some of you seriously after the Cain situation, and the way you contorted yourself to defend him. I think the "lying dirtbag" tied with hypocrite label needs to be applied, but it's not to the women who come forward with charges.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
But I thought all women who file sexual harrassment claims are lying dirt bags out to take advantage of men...or at least the was the line when Herman Cains little problems came out....
Maybe you need to read the link to find out that the harrassee was a male. I didn't see anything about the sex of the harrasser but think there is a possibility it could have been a woman at that end.

You post a humorous post but this time you managed to admit that you didn't read much of the post you answered or the link, either.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
If there was a settlement, it's probably pretty likely that all parties are sworn to confidentiality. SOP in these cases.
Unless the OP wants the laws changed so that sexual abuse victims HAVE to divulge their names, etc. to the public????

Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Didn't Obama promise transparency...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:43 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Apparently, a young male/female (probably male) staffer was sexually harassed by a TOP DEM official in NC.
Probably best to come clean, because the GOP certainly will NOT let it go.

Watch the video.
It is any different than a guy tapping his foot under a stall in a public bathroom in an airport? Sorry but other than your partisan colors, there's no real story here. Politicians on both sides of the aisle get caught up in this kind of thing. That holds true in pretty much every country in the world.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post

How do you know it was a woman?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe you need to read the link to find out that the harrassee was a male. I didn't see anything about the sex of the harrasser but think there is a possibility it could have been a woman at that end.

You post a humorous post but this time you managed to admit that you didn't read much of the post you answered or the link, either.
You're right--I didn't read it. I rarely bother with links from this OP anymore. You're right though--it could have been a woman or it could have been a man. It doesn't make any difference--if you go back and take a look at the Herman Cain threads here, the case was made pretty clearly that everyone who makes sexual harrassment claims must be lying, because it simply wasn't possible that Herman Cain abused the multiple people who made those charges against him...over and over. By the same logic, this all has to be BS too, right? Or is it DIFFERENT because it's a different party?

Again--hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies