Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Of course I have proven you to be thoroughly wrong. I will summarize for everyone.

You repeatedly called Nugent a pedophile because you claimed he had sex with a 17 year old girl. You provided no evidence he had sex with the woman in question, and now you know she was of age of consent. So, you were clearly wrong here.

Next, you called him a draft dodger, I provided the definition of a draft dodger for you, and challenged you to tell us how he fit the definition. Hint, he didn't

So, now that we have swept aside the lies, we will continue to focus on the failure that is Obama.
I did provide proof, you said you didnt know what Pele was talking about.
You want me to hold your hand and explain her statement word for word to you?
You proved nothing, except perhaps in your own mind.
Where you are never wrong, as we all know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well we use words like "right" to mean different things.

if by "legal right to free speech" then by all means speak on. I defend your right to such.

however, if (as I did) one means "moral right based upon past action/close association" then you have abdicated any right to speak out thusly.

PS, I am old enough to appreciate being called a child. it’s kind of like getting carded at the grocery store when buying a bottle of wine. I certainly would say "thank you"...alas, it’s become the rare occasion for me to be asked.... of course it is also the rare occasion that I purchase a bottle of wine or any other libation, as I only cook with the stuff and don’t imbibe….
Ah, another oldster that thinks he has the right to tell someone else what their morality is because he's old.
This applies to you, take from it what you will;
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
Harlan Ellison

Old 04-20-2012, 01:14 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
The bottom line here is that because Nugent is a gun-totin' conservative who says vile things about elected Democrats and who comes thisclose to making threats about them, anything nasty and disgusting in his past is no big deal.

We'll see how big and brave he is from here on out, now that he's actually been paid a visit by the Secret Service.

uhm... no...

The bottom line here is that Ted is under attack not because of what he did the other day, or what he did 30 odd years ago, but because he has spoken out against liberals.

Ted has not done a single thing that liberal politicians have done and been praised for. the difference is Ted is not a liberal and therefore liberals, in typical fashion using well established liberal principles of selective outrage, have attacked.

Those of us who have been engaged in the debate for any length of time recognize the hypocrisy and choose to point it out and deny its veracity. That is no indication of what we may or may not think of Ted. It is however a repudiation of liberal turpitude.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
uhm... no...

The bottom line here is that Ted is under attack not because of what he did the other day, or what he did 30 odd years ago, but because he has spoken out against liberals.

Ted has not done a single thing that liberal politicians have done and been praised for. the difference is Ted is not a liberal and therefore liberals, in typical fashion using well established liberal principles of selective outrage, have attacked.

Those of us who have been engaged in the debate for any length of time recognize the hypocrisy and choose to point it out and deny its veracity. That is no indication of what we may or may not think of Ted. It is however a repudiation of liberal turpitude.
Cinebar has been in this debate from the first page.
Or did you somehow fail to notice that?

Old 04-20-2012, 01:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I did provide proof, you said you didnt know what Pele was talking about.
You want me to hold your hand and explain her statement word for word to you?
You proved nothing, except perhaps in your own mind.
Where you are never wrong, as we all know.

Mmmm, ok let me help you to understand why you are wrong, although I suspect you already know. Suppose Nugent had sex with the girl. Was it illegal?

Also Obama has had a horrible 3 years and none of this will distract from that.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Ah, another oldster that thinks he has the right to tell someone else what their morality is because he's old.
This applies to you, take from it what you will;
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
Harlan Ellison

Whiplash. I’m an oldster….or a child… depending on your whim. That speaks more about your lack of an ability to make a consistent argument than it does mine.

As for informed opinions, I fear you are the one falling short. You have claimed that Mr. Ted broke the law (pedophilia) when he had sex with a 17 year old. However, you have been provided the actual law on the books at the time of the alleged incident occurred. This is no longer a matter of opinion (informed or otherwise). It is a matter of legal fact.

You choose to stand on the side of uninformed opinion.

As for morality and me telling others what it is or is not… Sorry you are the one preaching the message of moral outrage. I simply pointed out your sermon is rejected, not for its content but for the fact that the messenger only holds outrage when the focus of the outrage is not a liberal.

When I spoke of morality I used your definition not mine. YOU said having sex with a 17 year old was immoral. I pointed out that yourside has LONG viewed sex with 17 year olds has sacrocant… giving standing ovations to the elder who had sex with the younger, then re-electing said elder 6 times to the United States House of Representatives.

You have been judged by your own code. I have not spoken once of mine. Please keep your accusations in order and your opinions informed. You fail again.

In the words of the not so immortal Count Adhemar “You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found
wanting.”

Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Whiplash. I’m an oldster….or a child… depending on your whim. That speaks more about your lack of an ability to make a consistent argument than it does mine.

As for informed opinions, I fear you are the one falling short. You have claimed that Mr. Ted broke the law (pedophilia) when he had sex with a 17 year old. However, you have been provided the actual law on the books at the time of the alleged incident occurred. This is no longer a matter of opinion (informed or otherwise). It is a matter of legal fact.

You choose to stand on the side of uninformed opinion.

As for morality and me telling others what it is or is not… Sorry you are the one preaching the message of moral outrage. I simply pointed out your sermon is rejected, not for its content but for the fact that the messenger only holds outrage when the focus of the outrage is not a liberal.

When I spoke of morality I used your definition not mine. YOU said having sex with a 17 year old was immoral. I pointed out that yourside has LONG viewed sex with 17 year olds has sacrocant… giving standing ovations to the elder who had sex with the younger, then re-electing said elder 6 times to the United States House of Representatives.

You have been judged by your own code. I have not spoken once of mine. Please keep your accusations in order and your opinions informed. You fail again.

In the words of the not so immortal Count Adhemar “You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found
wanting.”
First of all, the term "Please, child/child, please" is known as a colloquialism.
Heres a definition of both, just in case you have a problem understanding either;
"This is a phrase generated in the country when someone says or does something so ridiculous, you can hardly think of a nice or unoffensive response. Many think that Chad Ocho Cinco of the Cincinnati Bengals made this up, but he just brought it back. My granny has been saying it for years and I bet his granny did too.
Me- Granny can I go over to Jermaines for dinner?

Granny- Child Please you know Jermaines momma don't cook."
Urban Dictionary: child please
You must be a Northerner if you have never heard it.
Very common in the Midwest and South.
Now on to colloquialism;
col·lo·qui·al·ism/kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm/

Noun:
  • A word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.
  • The use of such words or phrases.
colloquialism - definition of colloquialism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Are you with me so far?

The rest of your post is just hogwash, and not worthy of commenting on.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmmm, ok let me help you to understand why you are wrong, although I suspect you already know. Suppose Nugent had sex with the girl. Was it illegal?

Also Obama has had a horrible 3 years and none of this will distract from that.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:47 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
First of all, the term "Please, child/child, please" is known as a colloquialism.
Heres a definition of both, just in case you have a problem understanding either;
"This is a phrase generated in the country when someone says or does something so ridiculous, you can hardly think of a nice or unoffensive response. Many think that Chad Ocho Cinco of the Cincinnati Bengals made this up, but he just brought it back. My granny has been saying it for years and I bet his granny did too.
Me- Granny can I go over to Jermaines for dinner?

Granny- Child Please you know Jermaines momma don't cook."
Urban Dictionary: child please
You must be a Northerner if you have never heard it.
Very common in the Midwest and South.
Now on to colloquialism;
col·lo·qui·al·ism/kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm/

Noun:
  • A word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.
  • The use of such words or phrases.
colloquialism - definition of colloquialism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Are you with me so far?

The rest of your post is just hogwash, and not worthy of commenting on.
lol. So did Ted break any laws IF he had sex with that 17 year old? Still want to call him a child molester?

Old 04-20-2012, 01:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Ted Nugent is all good with the law.

Never threatened anyone and is in good standing with the American Secret Service.

Looking forward to Ted's next radio show.

One great American speaking the truth about Liberals.

Sure if he is such "A GREAT AMERICAN" where was he during the Vietnam war? POS coward!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies