Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 03:17 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,702,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
A statement with which I wholeheartedly agree, and only wish the social conservatives here would apply to all situations... i.e. towards those who fight against racial discrimination, religious persecution (both from and against various religions), and so forth. But how many times do I hear "if you don't like it, leave"? Too many.

Also, the same argument could be applied to women in "male dominated professions." Some people here think WE should be the ones to back down, and stick to the traditional female jobs... while the rest of us believe it's important to stand our ground, and show we can be just as valuable in any workplace. Neither gender should feel pushed out, they should learn to work together in harmony - not just tolerate or avoid each other, but work TOGETHER as a unit. It is possible, as I've seen with my own two eyes.
THIS exactly! I've been involved in male dominated professions basically my entire life (either auto mechanic, construction or the aviation maintenance field) and oooooh the stories I could tell you! I've had some amazing male coworkers, and then I've had some guys that would group up and try their damndest to try and get me to quit. I've been denied promotions because it 'wouldn't look good to have a woman tell a guy what's wrong with his car' and I know for a fact I've been paid A LOT less than a man in a lower position than me because I was a woman and the guys 'deserved more'.

When they realized I wouldn't leave, they got downright nasty and I couldn't go to management because I would have been the one let go because I was the one causing them to be a problem. Without me, they apparently would have been fine.

So yes, it's a constant struggle as a woman to break into an industry that doesn't feel you should be there, but it's alllll worth it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 06:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,204,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Great. Another typical one. And misandry does exist. Genetically speaking, y'all just have double standards.

And YOU don't !?!?

LOL!

(The "y'all" says it all)

Old 04-22-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The problem is once again we have a situation in which the easy solution is to dispose of men.

The workplace is full of double standards and we're all impacted by them in different ways, but women sue and men don't, so firing the male becomes the easy answer to many of management's problems.
Quote:
I have to agree with this post. Many of those posters fail to realize that false accusations do exist, especially in employment and education.

A man can say something nice (in a non-sexual manner), the female coworker lie on sexual harassment. I know this for a fact.
And only misogynists, those afraid of women and those who have nothing to do with women could be "naive" enough to think that nothing unfair has ever happened to women in the workplace.

Many men don't care when women get "screwed " in the workplace or the long history of abuse and unfairness in employment...
....but OH! The wimpering, whining, the tears , the angst when those delicate little men think life isn't fair to them! (As if they're special).

TOO BAD!
LOL!

Old 04-22-2012, 06:39 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,078,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And only misogynists, those afraid of women and those who have nothing to do with women could be "naive" enough to think that nothing unfair has ever happened to women in the workplace.

Many men don't care when women get "screwed " in the workplace or the long history of abuse and unfairness in employment...
....but OH! The wimpering, whining, the tears , the angst when those delicate little men think life isn't fair to them! (As if they're special).

TOO BAD!
LOL!
Good point. I don't!

Old 04-22-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Good point. I don't!
Of course you don't ....I read your posts in this thread ....there is a deep problem with women...and fear and hatred ensue...but you accuse OTHERS of having a double standard when yours is the most blatant?

""""but OH! The wimpering, whining, the tears , the angst when those delicate little men think life isn't fair to them! """

Wahhhhhhh

Old 04-22-2012, 07:20 AM

7,832 posts, read 6,423,461 times
One sided sexual harassment lawsuits just makes people not want to bother hiring women.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 AM

38,662 posts, read 26,474,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hmmmmmmm......that is actually a quote attributed to Churchill.
So much for your assertion of 4th grade humor.
You must not read much, poor you.

Actually, the quote is Mark Twain's...

"In a battle of wits, it is poor sport to fight an unarmed man."

Churchill used a variation of it...

"I will not fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

...and fourth graders have been using it ever since.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 AM

16,955 posts, read 16,816,881 times
Quote:
That person (whatever their gender is) is blinded by feminist propaganda. Traditional male fields would be construction, law enforcement (even though most male cops today are self-loathing), technology, and mining.

There's a lot of female-dominated fields that pay good money like nurses, caregivers, or teachers.
Wow! Your post looks like something that would have been posted in the 1960's...

Old 04-22-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
One sided sexual harassment lawsuits just makes people not want to bother hiring women.
Misogynist Myth # 956: Women are not human.

Guess what? Women have been hired, will be hired...HA HA!

If employers don't want lawsuits all they have to do is obey the law, keep their standards high and PROFESSIONAL and demand all employees show respect for all other employees.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:34 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,078,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Wow! Your post looks like something that would have been posted in the 1960's...
Join the club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies