Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
After 4-month surge, gas prices start falling
The month surged is the first time gas prices ever got this high this early in the year.

What about the summer driving surge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Sorry you're too busy cheerleading for your party to pay any attention to the actual state of the nation.

LOL can you honestly imagine what will happen, when we actually have a good economy, not a manufactured one!

One that is actually real? Some don't live in the real world. This ain't no good ecnomy. When you have a housing slump as we do, this ain't your good ecnomy,. and it ain't gettting better any time soon. I have many realtor friends across the Country. The short sales, foreclsorures, and repos, are killing a regualr listing sale. And home sales inspite what some will say are down. I have listings of homes sales across the Country, so i do know what is going on. My friends fax them to me, yes i am nosy.

Good housing market helps a good ecnomy.
Businesses do not close in a thriving ecnomy they prosper and grow. Businessess some we love, do not close stores, when you have a good economy, so save the act. And when we actually have an economy that is really growing and prospering, and a booming ecnomy, call me!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Ok, the left needs to get together and decide if Obama has control over fuel prices.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:50 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ok, the left needs to get together and decide if Obama has control over fuel prices.
Everyone with even basic knowledge knows the president has little to no control over gas prices.
The point of the thread and discussion is to show out how the extreme right propaganda machine was slandering Obama over the prices, like it was his fault for raising them, but now isn't praising him for lowering the prices now that they have gone down.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:19 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Higher gas prices has NOTHING to do with any US political party.

There was a report that a Saudi pipeline was damaged. Crude soared. It later retreated when it was found not to have been damaged. No US politics involved in the least with that one.
Absolutely!
When is everyone going to realise that America has very little say in the global price of oil.
The President has shown that the amount we produce does not bring the prices down........ we are producing huge amounts of oil and have been for a while with low demand yet prices went up. The so called "saviour" (Keystone pipeline) will only move oil from Canada destined abroad anyway and profits going to Canada.
Gas prices go up and down no matter what party is in power but it becomes a weapon against the administration..... the Democratic party used it against Bush's high gas prices at the pump and now the Republicans are using it against Obama............ Yet a lot of American's think it is a problem caused by their opposing party........ it isn't.
This gas price blame game at election time is getting very, very old now.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:23 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
There went that right wing propaganda gem. I wonder what trash they will go after next in their desperation,
Oh, I get it - we should be getting on our knees bowing in thanks to the Great Leader because gas prices went down 5 cents this week.....

Some of us adults aspire to be more than serfs....

Old 04-21-2012, 08:25 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
The day Israel bombs Iran.... the game begins.

Fuel will hit $8 a gallon, then push to $10.

Rationing days will return. Death will rule the world.

Have a nice weekend!

Old 04-21-2012, 08:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
There went that right wing propaganda gem. I wonder what trash they will go after next in their desperation,
Clearly Obama is concerned about it, if you use youtube, you've been bombarded with "Obama is concerned about gas prices" advertising on almost every video..

Old 04-21-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Oh, I get it - we should be getting on our knees bowing in thanks to the Great Leader because gas prices went down 5 cents this week.....
last week they were proclaiming Obama has no control over gas prices, this week, he's responsible for it falling a nickel.. Wish they'd make up their mind..

Old 04-21-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
In the face of an improving economy, Republicans were at least hoping that this issue would hurt the President. Now, all bets may be off.
Yeah, I sit around daily filling my gas tanks up, celebrating high price of fuel because I know high fuel prices hurt Obama.

Really? You actually believe that? The ridiculous of the left is astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies