Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Is that your personal yardstick?

So it's not possible to be annoyed by someone without being "fearful" of them? Does that mean that conservatives are fearful and threatened by Michael Moore?

Do you feel threatened and fearful of everyone you find annoying?
Not in the least and how you got from my stated premise to turning this around to something personal as concerns me is just another liberal deflection from what this thread is about--Rush Limbaugh and how much the left hates him. For a quick refresher course, start at page 1 and go through all the hateful and personal insults that have been posted about Rush. The lefties here find him more than just "annoying" to carry on such a hateful campaign of personal insults.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:20 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Not in the least and how you got from my stated premise to turning this around to something personal as concerns me is just another liberal deflection from what this thread is about--Rush Limbaugh and how much the left hates him. For a quick refresher course, start at page 1 and go through all the hateful and personal insults that have been posted about Rush. The lefties here find him more than just "annoying" to carry on such a hateful campaign of personal insults.
You posted about a "yardstick," so I asked if that was your personal standard. Where did the "yardstick" come from, if not from you?

As for the snarky comments starting with "For a quick refresher course"....they seem totally unnecessary.

It is your perception that the "lefties" here are carrying on such a "hateful" campaign. I disagree. Rush obviously has no hesitancy to use a "hateful campaign of personal insults" which I find extremely annoying. There is nothing about him which I fear.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
You posted about a "yardstick," so I asked if that was your personal standard. Where did the "yardstick" come from, if not from you?

As for the snarky comments starting with "For a quick refresher course"....they seem totally unnecessary.

It is your perception that the "lefties" here are carrying on such a "hateful" campaign. I disagree. Rush obviously has no hesitancy to use a "hateful campaign of personal insults" which I find extremely annoying. There is nothing about him which I fear.
If you think there is no "campaign" against Rush Limbaugh, just do a search for him in the Search section.

If you find Rush "annoying", tune him out and don't listen to him. Life is too short to spend time listening to people you find annoying.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
There you go. Calll him fat, call him a druggie, false accusations of child abuse. But the thread wasn't complete without 'call him racist.' Let it all out, now you feel better.
Yep, and they wonder why we laugh at them.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
If you think there is no "campaign" against Rush Limbaugh, just do a search for him in the Search section.

If you find Rush "annoying", tune him out and don't listen to him. Life is too short to spend time listening to people you find annoying.
And you still evaded my question. Was that your "yardstick" by which you measured?

Actually, I don't ever listen to Rush's radio show. I hear, from time to time, specific comments he makes when they make the news.

Again, it seems to be your opinion that "lefties" hate Rush; I disagree. I think "lefties" find him annoying and crass, but I see no fear of Rush from the liberal camp. The only fear of Rush I see is from the top ranks of the GOP.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:11 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
pundits are narcissistic bullies. They should all be ignored beause all they do is teach people how to avoid compromise. They create the culture of "I should get my way all the time"

Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
And you still evaded my question. Was that your "yardstick" by which you measured?

Actually, I don't ever listen to Rush's radio show. I hear, from time to time, specific comments he makes when they make the news.

Again, it seems to be your opinion that "lefties" hate Rush; I disagree. I think "lefties" find him annoying and crass, but I see no fear of Rush from the liberal camp. The only fear of Rush I see is from the top ranks of the GOP.
I don't have a "yardstick". I just observe what is going on.

Even Ghandi noted: "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I don't care how fat or not he is. It's his narrow little brain that bugs me!!!!
Yeah hes just a dummy that has his own radio show, with millions that listen to him daily

Old 04-29-2012, 07:33 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah hes just a dummy that has his own radio show, with millions that listen to him daily
He's not dumb, his fans are the ones that are dumb.

Limbaugh is just not educated, which is not the same as smart.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
He's not dumb, his fans are the ones that are dumb.

Limbaugh is just not educated, which is not the same as smart.
And the parallel......being "educated" is not the same thing as being "smart". The folks out here in the boonies aren't educated--by liberal standards--but they a plenty smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies