Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:33 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

Advertisements

Obama got jokes .

Obama is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Thank God I'm not your friend or family member...........if you don't notice the difference in a dog from a pig or cow you wasn't really born in America were you????

I eat meat also, but I know what I'm not to eat and dog is one of them, they were not meant for food.

It would be one thing if we lived in a Third World country were the only way to get protein was a dog. I would cry while doing so, but I would eat it.

This is America, we have other animals that were meant to eat. So lets eat them and stop condoning the eating of dogs.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama was GREAT at the White House corespondents dinner !!!

Absolutely LOVED his jokes !!!

I can't wait to vote for him again this November !!!!

Obama will WIN BIG over Romney in another LANDSLIDE victory ... the same as he did to John McCain !!!

Think about this .... McCain beat Romney in 2008 as the Republican nominee. Obama proceeded to slaughter McCain. Do you actually believe Romney now has even the SLIGHTEST chance of beating Obama ???

it's a good thing a president can only occupy the throne for 8 years.

4 more years of this actor and we are screwed..

Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
"Meant" implies design. Who designed it so that dog are not meant for consumption whereas pigs and cows are?

I have 2 friends with pot-bellied pigs for pets (one back home in Colorado and one here in Manhattan believe it or not), and I'd say they rival my border collie in terms of intelligence. They make wonderful, loyal, affectionate pets. That fact doesn't stop me from eating pork.
Pot-bellied pigs are even different than pigs & hogs raised for food. Intelligence makes a difference in weather animals should be consumed for food. Horses shouldn't be eaten either.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:43 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
They were food long before they weren't.
And, there certainly isn't anything in the Bible, for example, about not eating dog. However, there is something about not eating pork. Pigs are pork, last I checked.

Anyway, this year's event was pretty good, but, nothing will ever beat the year Colbert hosted.
His monologue is still the best.
It's called common sense and we should apply that to weather you'd vote for a President who eats dogs or one who carried his dog securely on top of his car.

Pork is in the Old Testament and it's Jewish belief. I believe when the sheet was presented to Peter it changed to what we could consume. All was considered clean, that's debatable.

Your best friend shouldn't be one of them.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Thank God I'm not your friend or family member...........if you don't notice the difference in a dog from a pig or cow you wasn't really born in America were you????

I eat meat also, but I know what I'm not to eat and dog is one of them, they were not meant for food.

The food here in the good ol' U.S.A. is superior to anything else in the world...the only dog I will eat is a HOTDOG

...as a boy OBAMA took in a baseball game in INDONESIA and when the vendor shouted HOT DOG!!

GET YOUR HOT DOG HERE!!!!

He meant it !!!!

Romney on the other hand has rarified tastes Roof Raised Ruff - in to delight his palate....

Last edited by Dumbdowndemocrats; 04-29-2012 at 12:59 PM..

Old 04-29-2012, 12:49 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
It's called common sense and we should apply that to weather you'd vote for a President who eats dogs or one who carried his dog securely on top of his car.

Pork is in the Old Testament and it's Jewish belief. I believe when the sheet was presented to Peter it changed to what we could consume. All was considered clean, that's debatable.

Your best friend shouldn't be one of them.
I actually agree with you.
We should apply common sense to determine whether the actions of an adult are comparable to the actions of a child.
For me, it is an easy choice

Old 04-29-2012, 01:13 PM

1,738 posts, read 768,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama was GREAT at the White House corespondents dinner !!!

Absolutely LOVED his jokes !!!

I can't wait to vote for him again this November !!!!

Obama will WIN BIG over Romney in another LANDSLIDE victory ... the same as he did to John McCain !!!

Think about this .... McCain beat Romney in 2008 as the Republican nominee. Obama proceeded to slaughter McCain. Do you actually believe Romney now has even the SLIGHTEST chance of beating Obama ???
I thought he was great too. He laughed along when there were jokes about him.

I am sure if it was someone else (different) party they would think it was hilarious. It is a shame that people can't find humor where it was funny. It was funny, no matter what party you support. I can see that why can't anyone else. Geez.

Seriously, people lighten up..frowns cause wrinkles!!!

Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Pot-bellied pigs are even different than pigs & hogs raised for food. Intelligence makes a difference in weather animals should be consumed for food. Horses shouldn't be eaten either.
First off, how do you measure the relative "intelligence" of various animals? How is it that you rank dog and horse as more intelligent than pig and cow? After ranking them, how do you decide your cutoff line as to which animals are too intelligent to eat and which ones are dumb enough to be food? What makes #31 on your list too intelligent to eat, but #32 perfectly fine for human consumption?

As to you pot-bellied pig comment, which of the roughly 75 breeds or pigs are okay to eat, and which are not? Is it just pop-bellied pigs that are "different" and not suitable for consumption, or do some of the other 75 breeds make that list? In that vein, are some dog breeds okay to eat, but others off limits. I ate goat on Easter. Goats are arguably just as intelligent as horses or pigs or dogs - are they okay to eat?

Old 04-29-2012, 01:34 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
The food here in the good ol' U.S.A. is superior to anything else in the world...the only dog I will eat is a HOTDOG

...as a boy OBAMA took in a baseball game in INDONESIA and when the vendor shouted HOT DOG!!

GET YOUR HOT DOG HERE!!!!

He meant it !!!!

Romney on the other hand has rarified tastes Roof Raised Ruff - in to delight his palate....
Ummm, no.
GM foods and those filled with chemicals, etc.
I prefer food from Europe. They have standards here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies