Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,890,894 times

Advertisements

PCM is giving us news I never knew happened! I live 3 hrs from DC and I have never heard of anyone doing such horrible things to the memorials. My point is that these memorials should never be used as a symbol for someone's
protest against an unpopular war. Maybe these people are not anti-war protesters but there is a strong assumption that exists. I am offended by the term "left-wing" and "right-wing" as some political idealogy is currently in vogue and takes priority over what is really important: the respect of these people who died. I would never go to a graveyard and spray paint a headstone for a Halloween prank either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 12:12 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times
Default Did you check the pictures out of the disgraced Memorials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I personally don't think this is the work of any organized group. I think even some of the folks in PETA would smack around the idiots who defaced a memorial.

Most likely this is the work of stupid 13 year-olds who's brains are not yet developed enough to understand the tragedy of what they've done.
You are joking right. Did you check the pictures out of the disgraced Memorials? No teenagers did that.

Visit the links I posted in the first post of this thread. It might help you understand better.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Default They would love to see me banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Love your posts and it appears someone would like this kind of new surpressed.

Some people have no concept of respect.
They would love to see me banned.

During the Vietnam War, we did not have the internet, so we relied on just America's news media reports. Now, we have the internet and news gets out even better...

Old 09-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Default It should be a federal crime. Write your members of the U.S. Senate and the House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
Shouldn't we get our elected representatives to get off their duffs and do something about this? Like making it a federal law or something? Perhaps, before ol' George leaves office maybe he could sign it into law. Its the least he could do for us!
I agree with you. It should be a federal crime. Write your members of the U.S. Senate and the House.

Click here to: EMAIL YOUR CONGRESSMEN Write Your Representative - Contact your Congressperson in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Click here to: EMAIL YOUR SENATORS U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Old 09-18-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
PCM is giving us news I never knew happened! I live 3 hrs from DC and I have never heard of anyone doing such horrible things to the memorials. My point is that these memorials should never be used as a symbol for someone's
protest against an unpopular war. Maybe these people are not anti-war protesters but there is a strong assumption that exists. I am offended by the term "left-wing" and "right-wing" as some political idealogy is currently in vogue and takes priority over what is really important: the respect of these people who died. I would never go to a graveyard and spray paint a headstone for a Halloween prank either!
THANK YOU!

Old 09-18-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
that was low.. very low

I would like that to be true, but there are too many rabid anti-war people around to dismiss it as just a prank by stupid kids..
It's definitely done by someone stupid though and hopefully they run a sting op (without OJ!!) on some of the memorials and hopefully catch the rude pieces of trash that are doing it.

Good idea.
Good breakdown of their comments!

Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
What I object to more than the incessant hyper-patriotic rant and innumerable links to Gaggle of Ostriches or whatever is the rather blatant attempt to expropriate sites such as The Wall as the exclusive domain of the ultra-right wing. Those monuments belong to all Americans, and indeed to all humans who are or were touched by the tragic deaths and suffering on all sides that echo still from the events that those monuments memorialize. These are indeed no places to be desecrating. But in my view at least, that is precisely what the attack-talk and divisive ideas of those like PCM do...
Please keep posting. Let the average-Americans get to learn from you.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:36 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepl View Post
Perhaps you can enlighten me on how his post was a “blatant attempt to expropriate sites such as the wall as the exclusive domain of the ultra-right wing”. I saw no such effort, just an attempt, if anything, to show his dismay or outrage at a series of acts which show a complete lack of respect for those who have humbly served and died in the service of their country. I agree, “Those monuments belong to all Americans, and indeed to all humans who are or were touched by the tragic deaths and suffering on all sides that echo still from the events that those monuments memorialize”, but where in his post was the “the attack-talk and divisive ideas” located? I can’t seem to find it, even when I look as hard for it as you and PT do. Maybe my agenda isn’t as finely honed as yours is.
Come on. You know that free speech thingy isn't for everyone.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 PM

195 posts, read 231,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Mr. Moderator, would you say that this guy's posts are mere political "spam"? He is mostly a copy/paste artist.
This quote is a perfect example of the the typical leftie: they try and shut up anyone who has a contrasting opinion, are loathsome of the military, those who serve, and all it stands for, and are downright nasty.
Keep up the good work ProudCapMarine, I enjoy reading your posts.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2kidsmom View Post
This quote is a perfect example of the the typical leftie: they try and shut up anyone who has a contrasting opinion, are loathsome of the military, those who serve, and all it stands for, and are downright nasty.
Keep up the good work ProudCapMarine, I enjoy reading your posts.
Thank you very much.

I really feel bad that these Lefties are getting so upset. Lately, their actions are becoming very clear to the American People. I'm hoping, this disgracing of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial WALL gets the proper attention.

Hillary, MoveOn and the New York TIMES are in the news everyday.

They should all be recognized for what they do to support the terrorists.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies