Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 11:11 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
BruSan - You do realize you are not supposed to notice those things don't you? We are becoming the HOME of the FRIGHTENED not the BRAVE.

IMHO transportation security would be greatly enhanced if ALL the passengers and crew were armed with deadly devices that would not damage the airplane. Super powerful tasers come to mind.

FWIW - the historical goal of ALL personal weapon control has been to disarm the poor while allowing the wealthy to own any weapons they desire as well as hiring armed guards. Today the select people fuss over guns. In the past it was knives and before that probably clubs.
Haar! I hear that.

The problem with any of these threads that espouse to link the handgun to the measure of freedoms and rights is there are way too many examples in existance of countries that have freedoms and rights "equal to or better than" without the need to brag about them in reference to the ownership of handguns.

Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Iceland, some Scandinavian countries all have freedoms and rights. Strangely some like Canada have laws allowing the legal ownership of handguns. They just make it difficult to carry the damn thing in your glovebox or your pants.

Referring to THOSE as nanny states all one step from being Kanudlestans is ludicrous in the extreme when you consider the Patriot Act etc., enacted in your country to give you the illusion your safety is a priority. Were that actually true; they'd be proactive rather than reactive and consider carefully before making a foreign policy decision that serves only to pizz off another sizable contingent of the worlds population.

I totally agree with the concept of handgun ownership for the purpose of personal protection in the U.S. Facts being what they are down there; you would be wise, given your particular location, to probably at least consider the option. Laws that would restrict that ownership to those who fulfill the requirements of sanity and training DON'T qualify as a restriction of ownership. IMHO.

While some are busy extolling their freedoms and rights "because" they can carry a pistolla the rest are watching their rights and freedoms dissappearing faster than a submarine with a screen door in spite of all the handguns they own.

Kinda strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
A) Kent State (4 dead in Ohio)

B) Ruby Ridge

C) Waco

For those of you who believe that you need not protect yourself from your own government.
Let's see, outside of Kent State, the other two examples were people that had guns, how did that work out for them?

As for Kent state, what do you think the body count would have been if the students were armed. Who would the right still be condemning if those students had actually fired back?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Works just as well as the hundreds of gun laws we have on the books now doesn't it?
The alternative you would suggest would not help at all, something is better than nothing.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Careful, he might have more guns than you
So what, it does not matter if he has more, less or none, we all make our own choices when it comes to our own lives. One day you will grow enough to understand that fact.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I dont think that canada has 300+ million firearms. so please dont tell me that they are just as heavily armed.
No, we are not as heavily armed here, ( a high estimate is 11 million) and most of the guns owned are rifles and shotguns meant for hunting game, not assault weapons and handguns, meant for killing people as in the US.....We just do not share your obsessive paranoia and generally do not have the likes of you, running around armed to the teeth. In my opinion you are not stable enough to own a slingshot, let alone a gun.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The students of course. To the RWNJ's a RW government is ALWAYS RIGHT so long as it supports FREEDOM and JUSTICE for the few and the MILITARY no matter what they do.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I still don't understand why you continue to post in this thread when you said many many posts ago you are totally clueless as to why this thread exists.

Righties? Still with the childish posts I see....
We all have to have a hobby.
True you continue to post them, but I do not hold that against you

Old 05-03-2012, 11:31 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, we are not as heavily armed here, ( a high estimate is 11 million) and most of the guns owned are rifles and shotguns meant for hunting game, not assault weapons and handguns, meant for killing people as in the US.....We just do not share your obsessive paranoia and generally do not have the likes of you, running around armed to the teeth. In my opinion you are not stable enough to own a slingshot, let alone a gun.

lol, guess what, assualt weapons are heavily controlled by the batfe. not for general use and it is a pain in the butt to get the tax stamp in order to buy one.

wish you canadians, democrats and republicans would learn what an assault rifle really is.

I not only own firearms, but as a combat vet, I have used them in combat as well. firearms in the USA are not supposed to be used for hunting, as hunting is not a right. but having firearms is there to keep the goverment from being too oppressive or tyrannical.

guess that is why you have hunting firearms and we have military lookalike civilianized firearms.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
we dont need to be treated, unless you want to take the democrat and republican parties off our hands. plus we can also send you a bunch of federal departments as well.

take the dems and the cons out of the equation, and all the departments and other feel good laws, and the USA would be alot better pace to live and be.

until then it is almost the cesspool that our northern neighbors have.

at least we dont have to have the queen of england ok our leader as canada does, even if it is only cermonially.
Gotta come back with cess-pool being compared to Detroit perhaps? Don't have even one of those while you probably can't count that high (using all your fingers) how many you have.

The reference of gun ownership was intended; (as most of us interpreted without a picture being necessary) to indicate per-capita of population.

Uuuh; you have over 350 million down there now with more being born every second in Dearborn Mi. Cesspool; haaar, that's rich almost up there with that idiotic "other countries shouldn't interfere in your politicis" uuufduh from your other post.

Agree with you wholeheartedly on the polarization of your political structure crippling both your developmental growth and your common sense.

Queenie at least isn't ass kissing Soros or the Koch brothers but then you already know that don't you?

Keeping retarded, self serving inbreds, ceremonious in nature with little power or influence has served us well whereas you've got Pelosi, Reid, Franks, Dodd, Lieberman, McCain, etc., ety..

Care to have another go?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
lol, guess what, assualt weapons are heavily controlled by the batfe. not for general use and it is a pain in the butt to get the tax stamp in order to buy one.

wish you canadians, democrats and republicans would learn what an assault rifle really is.

I not only own firearms, but as a combat vet, I have used them in combat as well. firearms in the USA are not supposed to be used for hunting, as hunting is not a right. but having firearms is there to keep the goverment from being too oppressive or tyrannical.

guess that is why you have hunting firearms and we have military lookalike civilianized firearms.
Your assault rifles are not limited; just the little features of magazine size and automatic versus semi; which most of you morons go about modifying anyways. You got a thing to hear that rapid firing; sorta like ejaculating would be my guess.

Hunting versus assault rifles, mmmm, I guess that means we just don't want to hide behind a wall and put the weapon over to spray the landscape uselessly like you boys were trained. We'll agree to stand off 700 yards or so and use one bullet, one kill procedure like daddy taught us to hunt.

Oh, and that thing about your ownership of guns keeping your government from becoming too tyrannical........how's that been working for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies