Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:21 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Why in the world would you hire someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever???
In my mother's own words, "It's good to try on a pair of shoes before buying them."

Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
We are in an epidemic. Children are being born out of wedlock at an alarming pace.

People keep mentioning condoms, well, something ain't workin'. Everyone talks about education, well, they (the children)
are screwing earlier and earlier. And those babies are coming faster and faster.

There is only one method of absolute birth control.
There are actually 2.

Homosexuality & Abstinance. I'd probably go lez in that case...lol

Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I've pointed out those statistics before, but some people are still convinced "it's worse than ever." I guess admitting things are working doesn't suit their agenda, so they just skim over those pesky facts... easier to push stupid crap like "abstinence-only education" and censorship, if they play the SOCIETY IS COLLAPSING game instead.
Indeed.

The facts run counter to their agenda. They want to quash sexuality, quash fun, and quash individuality.

But the facts are the facts. Divorce is at all time lows, when compared to times where divorce was legal. STD transmission rates are at all time lows. Teen pregnancy rates are at all time lows. Murder rates are at all time lows.

But we live in a morally depraved times, so the above is ignored, indeed, they make claims that are demonstrably untrue in an effort to make the rest of us conform to their morality.

And, when the light shines on their claims, they're shown to be the liars that they are. It is what it is.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
There are actually 2.

Homosexuality & Abstinance. I'd probably go lez in that case...lol
And as hypothetical lesbians (I'd probably choose the same option), we'd also be in the demographic with the lowest rates of STDs. Three cheers for lesbians!!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
I think it's okay to become sexually active as soon as you have the urge to do so. But I think it's also important to have an experienced adult in your life who is educated and knowledgeable about human sexuality, and with whom you are comfortable talking to about sexual issues.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
have only been sexually active twice in my life, b4 and after marriage.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM

1,122 posts, read 3,506,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I had planned on waiting until I was married before having sex, but let my first fiance talk me into sex before we were married. 3 months later the marriage was off I refused to do what her parents were telling me to do, , so she broke off the engagement. Turned out they wanted me to marry her before I joined the military so they could have the extra money but I wanted to wait until I was stationed somewhere so I could actually give her a proper wedding and a home, ah well.)

To this day my biggest regret was that I did not wait until I was married to have sex, and I have told my children this time and time again once they were old enough to actually understand what I was talking about.

Just remember you only have three things in this world that truly belongs to you:

1. Your life
2. Your morals
3. Your virginity

All three are invaluable, but for some reason society sees no problem with giving up numbers two or three, treating them as having no value what so ever.
I for one am glad I didn't wait. Not all people are sexually compatible and since sex is such an important part of a marriage I believe it's crucial to find out if you're a good match before you make a commitment. I guess if you have no experience you don't have any way of knowing that you're not really compatible because you don't know it can be any different but I think that's cheating yourself.
I frankly don't get the point of waiting to be married anyway. What is it about virginity that is worth saving? Sex is a physical activity. Nothing more. Nothing less. Being a virgin simply means that you have never had this physical activity. How is not having had sex invaluable? I understand and respect that some people attribute value to it for moral and religious reasons but it's not an absolute. It has no intrinsic value. I'm not advocating promiscuity. Don't get me wrong. But, as pointed out, sex and virginity is taken way too seriously.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
I guess this would fit into the category "other controversies". I'm curious to know when, at what age, does people think it's okay to become sexually active? Do you think one should be married first? Also, did you yourself follow your own beliefs regarding age and marital status when becoming sexually active?

I'd love to get people's take on this. If you don't mind please mention if you are male or female. Thanks.
Well, since I have two teenage daughters I'm thinking they need to hold off for a long while yet.

The oldest has barely begun dating and the youngest is too young yet (13) to date. The oldest had her first kiss a few months ago, so she is not even close to being ready yet.

I always tell them though they should truly care about the boy they choose to share something so special with. There is no need to rush or get impatient or just "do it" out of curiosity.

So far, they are listening.

I will encourage them to hold on to their virginity as long as possible.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,131,251 times
Male, age 25. You should wait until marriage to engage in any sexual activity.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:20 AM

566 posts, read 958,632 times
Not having sex before marriage is like buying a car without test driving it first or buying a house without actually going inside the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies