Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you purhcase a car that was "Made in China"?
Yep, wouldn't think twice about it. I have faith the Chinese car will be a safe and sound vehicle. 0 0%
Yep, if its dirt cheap, nothing else matters. 0 0%
No, are you kidding me?! The risk isn't worth it. 5 31.25%
No, BAN things made in China! 7 43.75%
Maybe, I would have to do research and see how the car matches up to its competitors. 4 25.00%
Maybe, but they would REALLY have to impress me. 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:33 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,254,417 times

Advertisements

I haven't heard much about this since 2005-ish when the news first came out that China wants to have their own line of vehicles in the USA. I am very curious to know now that this whole "lead paint" hot topic has surfaced and the quality of Chinese-made products have come into question, how will this "Made in China" vehicle fair in the United States?

Would you purchase a Chinese-made car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
HELL NO!! and neither will most US citizens. Crap quality cars have always failed in the US and the words china and quality aren't exactly synonyms.. a couple good examples would be the gradual disappearance of US owned car companies and their sales and historically crappy car manufacturers like Hyundai having to completely turn around and realize that quality does matter.. matter of fact, my newspaper just had a review of a $38K+ Hyundai SUV.. I never thought I'd see that one and still wouldn't buy one...

Old 09-21-2007, 11:43 AM

Holy crap ... a $38K Hyundai?!??!?!??!!!?!

Yeah, I miss the Yugo.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
HELL NO!! and neither will most US citizens. Crap quality cars have always failed in the US and the words china and quality aren't exactly synonyms.. a couple good examples would be the gradual disappearance of US owned car companies and their sales and historically crappy car manufacturers like Hyundai having to completely turn around and realize that quality does matter.. matter of fact, my newspaper just had a review of a $38K+ Hyundai SUV.. I never thought I'd see that one and still wouldn't buy one...
That was a time when Japan and quality aren't synonyms.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:47 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I haven't heard much about this since 2005-ish when the news first came out that China wants to have their own line of vehicles in the USA. I am very curious to know now that this whole "lead paint" hot topic has surfaced and the quality of Chinese-made products have come into question, how will this "Made in China" vehicle fair in the United States?

Would you purchase a Chinese-made car?
Probably not the first or second batch, let someone else be the guinea pig

Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 AM

Heh, too bad I didn't have that as one of the choices but then again, a lot of people do that for any new (newly designed) vehicle, huh?!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:19 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,890,894 times
Default Made In China

After just buying a razor, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, a shredder, lead-based paint toy, a solar powered light, t.v., all of which broke within four months, I wouldn't trust my life on such junk.
This stuff wasn't cheap either. They all had common name products in the U.S. and of course came with a "warranty".
I guess its MY fault for buying products made in China but what is the alternative? There obviously is no more U.S. government regulation of anything coming into this country so I guess its "BUYER BEWARE".
I visited my local grocery recently and I even saw Garlic imported from China!
I guess the "ambulance chasing" lawyers can reap a bonanza now with lawsuits over these Chinese cars.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:26 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Do you know that there is only "ONE" car made exclusively in the US. You'd never guess what it is.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:30 PM

when you say exclusively, you mean every single part is made in the USA? Ooooh, I'm curious (I'm not very vehicle-savvy!)

Old 09-21-2007, 01:30 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
After just buying a razor, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, a shredder, lead-based paint toy, a solar powered light, t.v., all of which broke within four months, I wouldn't trust my life on such junk.
This stuff wasn't cheap either. They all had common name products in the U.S. and of course came with a "warranty". I guess its MY fault for buying products made in China but what is the alternative? There obviously is no more U.S. government regulation of anything coming into this country so I guess its "BUYER BEWARE". I visited my local grocery recently and I even saw Garlic imported from China! I guess the "ambulance chasing" lawyers can reap a bonanza now with lawsuits over these Chinese cars.
I wouldn't buy a Chinese car, no matter what. And especially not after all this crap with lead paint, poison dog food, tainted food, sweatshop and slave wage labor, pollution of every sort, selling babies to childless Americans (they call them "adoption fees" oh sure, that old 'fee' gimmick) and on & on it goes.

And yes, the Bush administration is NOT in our corner. The Bush/Rove doctine is aka the YOYO principle - You're On Your Own.

s/Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies