Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 07:51 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
She got caught up in "Kennedy Worship" and suffered the consequences of associating herself with a Family of Scumbagsâ„¢. I feel sorry for her children and her parents/siblings. I don't feel sorry for her, and certainly not the Kennedy's.
You're apparently caught up in thinking you know something about humanity while giving no indication of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
She was troubled and committed suicide. It's tragic she didn't get the help she needed. Suicide leaves a lot of damage in its wake.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:13 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Absolutely!

And yes, I know we see it from both sides of the aisle and I think it's a sad marker of what politics has become.
Thank you.

As a childhood survivor of the suicide of a parent, I can vouch that the loss of parent by his/her own hand is especially difficult for children.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:44 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
She got caught up in "Kennedy Worship" and suffered the consequences of associating herself with a Family of Scumbagsâ„¢. I feel sorry for her children and her parents/siblings. I don't feel sorry for her, and certainly not the Kennedy's.

Her children are Kennedy's.

You either feel sorry for them or you do not.

But, I suppose in the world of hyperbole, it's perfectly normal for someone to make totally conflicting statements about a topic.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
It appears to have been a suicide. Does anyone have any insights?
She was married to a Kennedy.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You're apparently caught up in thinking you know something about humanity while giving no indication of it.
The difference between me and you is that I don't worship other humans. When liberals stop worshiping the Kennedy and Obama families, feel free to give me a call.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Seems to me that people who are born into wealth or marry into wealth live miserable lives.
Painting with a pretty wide brush there. Many people from all income classes, ethnicities, and genders commit suicide.

Thoughts and prayers for the surviving children. Suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness by a parent of young children. Very sad and unneccesary waste.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:07 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
She was married to one of RFK's kids though recently divorced from him, she was a professional in her own right, she did NOT have health issues, and I don't think she was hurting for money. It appears to have been a suicide. Does anyone have any insights?
She had alcohol abuse problems, including DUI citations. Depression over the breakup of her marriage. Ex was dating someone else. Rejection issues? She was 52; perhaps the menopause merry-go-round contributed to the mix.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:07 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Her children are Kennedy's.

You either feel sorry for them or you do not.

But, I suppose in the world of hyperbole, it's perfectly normal for someone to make totally conflicting statements about a topic.
I feel sorry for her children because their MOTHER is dead. I feel sorry for her parents and siblings because their child/sister is dead.

Somewhere along the way, you let semantics get in the way of logic. But that's how the liberal brain works. You and you cohorts on this forum prove that to us daily.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:14 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
The difference between me and you is that I don't worship other humans. When liberals stop worshiping the Kennedy and Obama families, feel free to give me a call.
You're obviously as ill-informed about me as you are on many other topics. I've said any number of times in this forum I didn't even like Obama when I voted for him but thought him the lesser evil. That being said your allegation of worship is obviously like so many other things you say, HOGWASH with absolutely no factual basis.

Why would I want to give you a call? What could a narrow minded, tunnel-visoned self-Righteous hypocrite contribute to my life?

The big difference is I don't waste my energy on hate, you on the other hand will eventually be destroyed by it.

Last edited by burdell; 05-18-2012 at 09:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies