Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If Israel still stands as an independent Jewish state after such conflict, then they too would be declared the winners if that war. Dispinsationalist evangelical Protestants in the US believe that the Bible prophesies that Russia (and other countries) will indeed attack them, but Israel will stand in the end.
Fixed that for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Fixed that for you.
I don't recall asking you to twist my words.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Yeah but there is One big difference God is on the Israeli side-line.....

How can you be so sure? Patriarch Kyill blesses the Russian Armned Forces and the Russian President every New Years Day and on Victory over the Fascists Day (May 8) as well!

Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,194,543 times
Russia talks a lot, but thinking about what they have to gain by entering a conflict with Iran/Israel vs. what they have to lose. This isn't Afghanistan where they could (at the time) simply roll out from and enjoy supply lines from their own border and they don't have significant overseas bases in the conflict area to operate from like the United States does.

The most I could imagine Russia doing is supplying Iran with arms via air and Caspian sea route, along with advisors and recon. They aren't going to commit their already much shrunken military to Iran to be plinked on by Israeli and American forces.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't recall asking you to twist my words.
I didn't twist anything, just pointing out that it's not agreed upon by all Christians that Revelations predicts anything. End times theology that believes in the establishment of a Jewish state, the rebuilding of the Temple, Rapture, etc... is purely in the realm of dispinsationalist evangelicals. In fact, most Christians worldwide do not hold those beliefs.

Anyway, Russia is far more concerned with an India vs. China scenario or a direct conflict with China over natural resources. They aren't about to waste their own resources to defend Iran, beyond selling them weapons.

And the Winter War is some fascinating stuff. From what I know of the Fins they are not a people to be messed with.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:50 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,399 times
"In fact, most Christians worldwide do not hold those beliefs."

I find that HARD to believe! Care to provide a link for that reach?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
"In fact, most Christians worldwide do not hold those beliefs."

I find that HARD to believe! Care to provide a link for that reach?
Premillennial Dispinationalism (link) is a nearly unique among evangelicals in the United States. You will hardly find a Catholic or mainline Protestant throughout the world that ascribes to that belief.

That's one reason our policies towards Israel are so schizophrenic. It's not just the politics involved in supporting an ally when a lot of your politicians believe that the actions of said ally cannot be questioned as they were ordained by God. Thus one reason why Catholic France and Anglican England have policies towards Israel that are sometimes so divergent from the US.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:31 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I didn't twist anything, just pointing out that it's not agreed upon by all Christians that Revelations predicts anything. End times theology that believes in the establishment of a Jewish state, the rebuilding of the Temple, Rapture, etc... is purely in the realm of dispinsationalist evangelicals. In fact, most Christians worldwide do not hold those beliefs.

Anyway, Russia is far more concerned with an India vs. China scenario or a direct conflict with China over natural resources. They aren't about to waste their own resources to defend Iran, beyond selling them weapons.
The Book of Revelation is not easy to read, and there are some who agree and some who do not. IMO dispensational approach is the best way to interpret the Bible, but again, not everyone agrees with that either. I don't know about the Catholics, but most protestants around the world do believe in church-age, rapture, tribulation, and 1000 year kingdom, final judgment etc.

Quote:
And the Winter War is some fascinating stuff. From what I know of the Fins they are not a people to be messed with.
Yes, indeed. If my grandfather was still alive he could tell you all about it. There is a great book written about it by an American historian. The book is called "The Frozen Hell".

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-18-2012 at 01:10 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 12:40 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,138,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Well this would make a tiff in the Middle East interesting, Russia deciding to weigh in on the side of Iran in a scrap with Israel +USA or the USA doing what Israel wants.

Now Israel would never take Russia on and would the USA take the risk of war with a nuclear armed power for the sake of Israel ?

We do live in interesting times.

Russia Thinks An Israeli Attack On Iran By The Summer Is 'Almost Certain' - Business Insider

I doubt very much that the US or Israel would be stupid enough to attack any country with Nuclear weapons who have the ability to hit back, or indeed a level of technology to match them, or even just might give them a bit of a fight - there more in the business of taking on targets that are beatable with overwhelming force, technological superiority and minimum casualties. e.g tin pot dictators and hyping them up to be unbeatable.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:08 PM

100 posts, read 78,390 times
People talk about nuclear wars. We even have somebody supposedly from the intelligence community commenting on what's what, but there is evidence that there are systems that have been developed by the Russians that are based on Tesla's work that have created weapons far more powerful than we could have ever imagined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies