Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:39 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,229,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I see you have done your research. The highlighted part is what I find particularly disturbing. There was a time I favored SSM. I looked at myself as a compassionate person and personally knew some gay couples, whom I respected. It seemed like the right thing to do and other than having to get used to some odd/ssm wedding card images in the Hallmark Store and having to gently explain to my kids when appropriate about these "different" families, it wouldn't affect me and shouldn't be any of my business. We were assured it wouldn't change anything in the schools.

But that has been so untrue. My children started getting bombarded with age-inappropriate indoctrination at school. I started doing some research and was dumbfounded at what was going on, including propaganda for ssm, hypersexualization of kids, and an incredible agenda to brainwash kids' minds and actually change their values. The goal was not to help them tolerate and treat with respect those who are different from them; but to embrace that difference as totally "normal" and to sway them from any religious upbringing that may inhibit this conversion of thought. I think this is very inappropriate and may be dangerous to the psychological health of our children and society as a whole.

We will be labeled homophobic haters but it is important to stand our ground. This does not come from hate. It comes from concern. This is a huge experiment that is moving way too quickly to try and change all of society; not just get one small group treated more compassionately. We are being bamboozled with guilt, lies and bullying and our children will be paying the price.
I've got the perfect place for you to dump that load of manure, in my compost bin.

What price will your children be paying? Is growing up to be compassionate, tolerant and understanding a bad thing? Maybe you should go call Social Services because that's how I raised my kids.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:42 AM

136 posts, read 142,100 times
To change your mind about gay marriage based on what the public school system has done is irrational. Public schools are almost always run by the most far left lunatics out there.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:45 AM

3,540 posts, read 3,742,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
We will be labeled homophobic haters but it is important to stand our ground. This does not come from hate. It comes from concern. This is a huge experiment that is moving way too quickly to try and change all of society; not just get one small group treated more compassionately. We are being bamboozled with guilt, lies and bullying and our children will be paying the price.
It was cute for a decade or two. It's not cute anymore.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:55 AM

496 posts, read 484,395 times
What value does a gay marriage have? what is the value of being a homosexual?

and why would children need to even know about something which we know,

has no value?

Old 05-20-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 Letter Crap Spreader View Post
To change your mind about gay marriage based on what the public school system has done is irrational. Public schools are almost always run by the most far left lunatics out there.
Good point!

Personally, when it comes to hypersexualizing our children, the school system pales in comparison to TV.

Have you ever watched "Toddlers in Tiaras"?

The schools are just making an effort, misguided at times, to end bullying and promote understanding.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,914,704 times
The fact is heterosexuals have already made a mockery of the biblical concept of marriage as a lifelong commitment.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is heterosexuals have already made a mockery of the biblical concept of marriage as a lifelong commitment.

If the customary family unit as a lifelong commitment can be made a mockery,

then how could it be denied absolutely most preferable ?

:

Old 05-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
What value does a gay marriage have? what is the value of being a homosexual?

and why would children need to even know about something which we know,

has no value?
To begin with, adults don't give children enough credit. The little darlings are pretty smart and very observant. They often have a far greater understanding of situations than the adults around them. We could learn a lot from our kids.

Second, what value do YOU have? Are you any more valuable than the gay person down the street? If so, what superior qualities do you possess that make you better than anyone else?

Old 05-20-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
To begin with, adults don't give children enough credit. The little darlings are pretty smart and very observant. They often have a far greater understanding of situations than the adults around them. We could learn a lot from our kids.

Second, what value do YOU have? Are you any more valuable than the gay person down the street? If so, what superior qualities do you possess that make you better than anyone else?

Teaching or describing to children how to go on a disability or welfare, shows them how not , to contribute a value to society.

Teaching or describing homosexuality to children, shows them how not, to contribute a value to society.

Again, what is the outcome of value in being homosexual to society?

Old 05-20-2012, 10:30 AM

136 posts, read 142,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
I have to go and get my car serviced today. When I come back later tonight, I would like to see some brain power with respects to the masterfully drafted OP, in celebration of the customary family unit !
I DON'T BELIEVE IN GAY MARRIAGE SO NEITHER SHOULD YOU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.